PDA

View Full Version : Northwest 200

borderduc
24.12.2005, 04:32 PM
If anyone else is thinking of going to the NorthWest 200 and taking the ferry over you might want to get a move on as it's notoriously hard to get ferry space and accommodation. The date is set as 13 May next year and, although it says it is provisional, I checked with the Coleraine club and they say it is unlikely to change as they have already got approval to close the roads for the racing.

I know there are a few of us who go regularly but if there's anyone has never been and wants to see something special you should nip over and be amazed. I plan to do it as a day trip, flying out from Glasgow and hiring a car to get from Belfast to the circuit. I don't know what flights there are from south of the border to Belfast, however. There's a suggestion for a DUN day at the races..!

Spud Raver
24.12.2005, 05:14 PM
I could be interseted in a little peek at this DB

borderduc
26.12.2005, 11:00 PM
A few of us have done this for the last couple of years and it works out at about 50 all in cost for a great day at the races - cheaper and easier to plan than taking the bikes. Plus you can walk about without heavy bike gear and that helps when you're climbing fences, etc to get to vantage points.

Yes, if you've never been before I guarantee your jaw will drop like a stone at the sight of Michael Nutter and Steve Plater shoulder to shoulder at 200mph on a public road !