PDA

View Full Version : World Ducati Week 2010

Steve748
23.07.2009, 04:43 PM
Just received this from Ducati

WorldDucatiWeek, w/c 6th September 2010. Save the date.

Hi Steve,
We're pleased to give you advance notice that WDW is coming back. The planned date for motorcycle fans of all ages and nationalities to come together is September 2010 at the Misano World Circuit.

Four days of non-stop fun are planned: track sessions, official riders and stunts, evening parties, concerts, motorcycle tours, Ducati Factory and Museum visits, historical bikes exhibitions, conferences, and much more. It doesn’t matter if you have a Ducati, another kind of bike, or just plain enthusiasm for motorcycles: The red planet is coming back!

Keep an eye on Ducati.com — definitive dates and more information on how you can join us will be online in the upcoming months.

The Ducati Team

ETA Possible change of date due to F1 cockup (http://www.motomatters.com/news/2009/10/27/2010_racing_calendar_changes_likely.html)

stevewrightscotland
23.07.2009, 11:43 PM
Hi,
about frigging time weeeeeeeeeeee been waiting for these dates.
Cheers
Steve

PaulV
24.07.2009, 11:25 AM
This could be a cracking 40th birthday pressie for me!!!!:D:D:D

I will definately be going:thumbs:

rockjock620
24.07.2009, 12:35 PM
"September" is a bit vague for a four day event?

marklwhittaker
24.07.2009, 01:02 PM
"September" is a bit vague for a four day event?

in the past ducati have coincided this event with a major race meet at the circuit
if memorys serves me right its usually WSB but i may be wrong.
i think when the major league, i.e. WSB, Motogp etc championship dates have been finalised for 2010 then the wdw will be too.
just take whole of sept aff! :cool:

Steve748
24.07.2009, 01:09 PM
in the past ducati have coincided this event with a major race meet at the circuit
if memorys serves me right its usually WSB but i may be wrong.
i think when the major league, i.e. WSB, Motogp etc championship dates have been finalised for 2010 then the wdw will be too.
just take whole of sept aff! :cool:

correct will run Mon to Thurs, I have booked the whole of Sept already :)

marklwhittaker
24.07.2009, 01:13 PM
correct will run Mon to Thurs, I have booked the whole of Sept already :)

well done that man ...my plan is to put ducati in back o my van and van it over...and if a can get away with it with my partner , take the caravan too!!.. but i do see a hotel booking looming!!! :lol2:

Steve748
24.07.2009, 01:17 PM
That is a good plan although it's quite likely there will be vans going from Ducati Leeds taking the bikes while you fly to Marco Polo Venice to pick them up. There will probably be a SDC and a DOC van going as well.
For me when I rode there and back in 04 that was one of the highlights. All my gear was in the van and everything I had on the bike fitted in a bumbag!
The campsite makes for lively evenings!

marklwhittaker
24.07.2009, 01:23 PM
That is a good plan although it's quite likely there will be vans going from Ducati Leeds taking the bikes while you fly to Marco Polo Venice to pick them up. There will probably be a SDC and a DOC van going as well.
For me when I rode there and back in 04 that was one of the highlights. All my gear was in the van and everything I had on the bike fitted in a bumbag!
The campsite makes for lively evenings!

ok ill keep an eye out for that defo.
canny decide whether to put some track panels on and batter the bejesus oot o the bike round misano or leave as is for a tour about surrounding area....no sure what the format is for the 4 days...
is it all track focused? or rideouts too?

Steve748
24.07.2009, 01:27 PM
Take some panels with you to put in the van and change for the track. Misano track is quite tricky and they have changed the direction since I went round. You only get 3 X 20 minute sessions so you have to learn it quickly to get anything like quick round it. September should be better as 30 degrees in leathers ain't much fun!

PaulV
24.07.2009, 01:42 PM
ok ill keep an eye out for that defo.
canny decide whether to put some track panels on and batter the bejesus oot o the bike round misano or leave as is for a tour about surrounding area....no sure what the format is for the 4 days...
is it all track focused? or rideouts too?

2007 had some organised rideouts too. Seem to remember Hyper test rides etc going on. If your cans are loud you will not get on track... think Big Chunck missed out on track time cos of this...

marklwhittaker
24.07.2009, 01:42 PM
excellent advice!
well looking forward to it now, was up for last years but didnae happen.
hhhmmm a plan is forming! :lol2:

marklwhittaker
24.07.2009, 01:43 PM
2007 had some organised rideouts too. Seem to remember Hyper test rides etc going on. If your cans are loud you will not get on track... think Big Chunck missed out on track time cos of this...

im running carbon termis.....but i could take my standard cans too...
whats the limit do u know?

PaulV
24.07.2009, 01:46 PM

Sorry can't help with that... maybe something on the Misano track website if they have one.

mbg
24.07.2009, 11:50 PM
well done that man ...my plan is to put ducati in back o my van and van it over...and if a can get away with it with my partner , take the caravan too!!.. but i do see a hotel booking looming!!! :lol2:

Why not 'camp' in the van. Great fun. Five of us did it at Donnington last year and this year. Tents round the van. Brilliant!:thumbs:

Think we'll be heading over as well.:D

marklwhittaker
25.07.2009, 08:43 AM
Why not 'camp' in the van. Great fun. Five of us did it at Donnington last year and this year. Tents round the van. Brilliant!:thumbs:

Think we'll be heading over as well.:D

:lol2: did you see my comment about my partner?:lol2:
the " getting away with it" comment refers to her love of 6 star hotels!!!
camping in or around the van is not an option!
me on the other hand wouldnt care where i slept, must be a man thing

GaryO
25.07.2009, 09:26 AM
I know what you mean , looks like costing me a hotel in Rimini :rolleyes:

marklwhittaker
25.07.2009, 09:47 AM
I know what you mean , looks like costing me a hotel in Rimini :rolleyes:

:lol2: I can thinly disguise the wdw as a holiday and maybe justify the hotel :lol2::lol2:
rimini?? seriously??

GaryO
25.07.2009, 10:08 AM
Thats the deal , and its already agreed.

Now I just have to work out how to get the bike there :whistle:

69jme69
25.07.2009, 11:36 AM
Thats the deal , and its already agreed.

Now I just have to work out how to get the bike there :whistle:

u could allways ride it ....strange concept i know :D

marklwhittaker
25.07.2009, 02:34 PM
u could allways ride it ....strange concept i know :D
:lol2::lol2:
that comment actually made me laugh out loud!:lol2:

Spud Raver
25.07.2009, 03:40 PM
Vans are way way quicker!! :D

PaulV
25.07.2009, 05:26 PM

Think we find we were at the hotel before you and I was home before you.... no prizes for being in front half way through a race;):cool:

mbg
25.07.2009, 06:10 PM
:lol2: me on the other hand wouldnt care where i slept, must be a man thing

Two of the five were female Ducati riders, myself being one of them (and I'm so old I've just retired). ;)

Must be a Ducati rider thing!! Just don't understand some females!!:rolleyes::D

Biscuit
25.07.2009, 06:38 PM

Oh NO! We're gonna get....DRY! :D:D:D

bigchunk
26.07.2009, 05:11 PM

i had my Termis on but they wouldint let me on cause there were no end baffles on them, did not even know there was the option of having any in them!!
But also met a guy with the exact same bike as mine and he got to do 2 trips round the track without the baffles.
Better to take them with you if you want on the track.

bigchunk
26.07.2009, 05:30 PM
Two of the five were female Ducati riders, myself being one of them (and I'm so old I've just retired). ;)

Must be a Ducati rider thing!! Just don't understand some females!!:rolleyes::D

I don't understand any females! and i am pretty sure this is a worldwide guy thing!! :lol2::lol2:

kennybrown
26.07.2009, 06:10 PM
I don't understand any females! and i am pretty sure this is a worldwide guy thing!! :lol2::lol2:

It,s easy ..........You just have to agree with everything they say !!.:D:D:D

Gizmo
26.07.2009, 06:41 PM
It,s easy ..........You just have to agree with everything they say !!.:D:D:D

not true, there are times when you are expected to not agree with what they say....the difficulty is in knowing when!

Scottch
26.07.2009, 07:39 PM
These dates are proving difficult for me already, not sure if I can make this one :(

Mr Burns
26.07.2009, 08:46 PM

Wish I could see that birthday again:D Still it'll be a nice 60th prezzie:)

Freak
27.07.2009, 02:36 PM

Ditto, not that's anything to look forward to but hell stick me down too!

ducati girl
27.07.2009, 07:58 PM
I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!

I have already drafted an email at work to my boss requesting time off for next September, unfortunately its right in the middle of harvest time our busy admin period - I will have to keep everything crossed that they will allow me 2 weeks off.

duncthediver
28.07.2009, 01:41 PM
I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!

I have already drafted an email at work to my boss requesting time off for next September, unfortunately its right in the middle of harvest time our busy admin period - I will have to keep everything crossed that they will allow me 2 weeks off.

You should be ok Karen Ducati Week is only one week

Steve748
28.07.2009, 02:16 PM
When it was a 'week' it started on Monday and finished Friday with the racing practice starting on the Friday. My guess is the 'four days' will be starting on Monday and finishing Thursday and all the teams will be going in Thursday evening ready for Friday practice. Weather wise it will be a lot better as it should be cooler than previous years.
If your planning on riding over the best plan is to set off Thursday or Friday and take it steady over some of the superb roads and then leave on Monday after the racing and steady ride home.

duncthediver
28.07.2009, 03:01 PM
When it was a 'week' it started on Monday and finished Friday with the racing practice starting on the Friday. My guess is the 'four days' will be starting on Monday and finishing Thursday and all the teams will be going in Thursday evening ready for Friday practice. Weather wise it will be a lot better as it should be cooler than previous years.
If your planning on riding over the best plan is to set off Thursday or Friday and take it steady over some of the superb roads and then leave on Monday after the racing and steady ride home.

Sounds good to me:thumbs:

marklwhittaker
28.07.2009, 03:53 PM
You should be ok Karen Ducati Week is only one week

ooooo sharp intake of breath!!!!!

Spud Raver
28.07.2009, 03:54 PM
Think we find we were at the hotel before you and I was home before you.... no prizes for being in front half way through a race;):cool:

Transit Connect (90 PS towing 2 bikes) beats Ducatis on 4 legs out of 6 across Europe!!!

FACT!! :finger:

kdblamire
28.07.2009, 08:58 PM
Transit Connect (90 PS towing 2 bikes) beats Ducatis on 4 legs out of 6 across Europe!!!

FACT!! :finger:
Just can't resist this,
The B team (Transit Connect plus a selection of Ducatis) leaves Edinburgh Saturday lunch time, arrives Rimini sometime the following Wednesday, the A team, with Fiat Doblo JTD towing a trailer and two bikes leaves Melrose at 8 PM Sunday arrive Misano Tuesday afternoon, Fact.:finger:

Spud Raver
28.07.2009, 09:31 PM
Just can't resist this,
The B team (Transit Connect plus a selection of Ducatis) leaves Edinburgh Saturday lunch time, arrives Rimini sometime the following Wednesday, the A team, with Fiat Doblo JTD towing a trailer and two bikes leaves Melrose at 8 PM Sunday arrive Misano Tuesday afternoon, Fact.:finger:

Well I wanted to use Easyjet and beat the lot of you, but oh no, you all had to bring your bikes!! :jerkoff: :D

Steve748
28.07.2009, 09:57 PM
Well I wanted to use Easyjet and beat the lot of you, but oh no, you all had to bring your bikes!! :jerkoff: :D

You would have had a long walk from Marco Polo airport Davie :o

Biscuit
28.07.2009, 10:10 PM
You would have had a long walk from Marco Polo airport Davie :o

At the time Easy jet were flying to Rimini for 1! and about 60 to get home. But then we wouldn't have stayed at the awesome farmhouse, Tam and Paul wouldn't have ended up staying in a brothel, I wouldn't have to sleep in the doorway of the hotel in Basil to escape Tams snoring, Lynn wouldn't have had to sterry strip my eyebrow after fighting with davies van, and we wouldn't have whupped the bikes 4-2 to Rimini and back in a transit connect!

Pretty good trip really - 2010 - round 2 :D

Steve748
28.07.2009, 10:35 PM
Moto GP dates give an indication of when WDW2010 will be

May 16 France Le Mans
May 30 Italy Mugello
June 6 Great Britain Silverstone
June 26 ** Netherlands Assen
July 4 Catalunya Catalunya
July 18 Germany Sachsenring
July 25 *** United States Laguna Seca
August 15 Czech Rep. Brno
August 29 Indianapolis Indianapolis
September 12 San Marino Misano
September 19 Hungary Balatonring
October 10 Malaysia Sepang
October 17 Australia Phillip Island
October 31 Portugal Estoril
November 7 Valencia Ricardo Tormo - Valencia

miloVanMultistrada
28.07.2009, 10:43 PM
Think I'm up for a trip to WDW as well. The only question is whether to ride the bike there or not...

Steve748
28.07.2009, 10:46 PM
Think I'm up for a trip to WDW as well. The only question is whether to ride the bike there or not...

Best part of the trip is riding the bike there :cool:

mbg
28.07.2009, 10:59 PM
Think I'll go for the best of both worlds. Walter takes the van with his bike and all my luggage and I ride.:D

Should be extra luggage space in the van.:thumbs:

miloVanMultistrada
28.07.2009, 11:00 PM

You're probably right, but I have been offered space on a trailer. Although riding it one way (there) and trailering it the other (back) might be the perfect option.

Spud Raver
28.07.2009, 11:05 PM

Yep, there aint much to do for 4 days at Misano if talking about bikes is not your thing. Plenty flange and pubs, clubs around Rimini beach front.....thats where I'll be heading.......:D

Steve748
28.07.2009, 11:22 PM
Thread from the last trip...here (http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2166&highlight=world+week)

This is from 2004 when we set off in the morning in France and it was a red hot day and we went over the mountains and it got higher and higher and colder until we got to the top frozen and this English guy wanted to take a picture of his Ferrari with all the Ducatis. Mine is/was next to Gary Brooks 851

foxy
29.07.2009, 05:38 PM
ahhh sweet memories of WDW 2007:cool:

most definitley up for this one again.... it's going to be fantastic
....bigger, brighter, better and with lots more SDC'ers and DUN'ers there too by the sounds of things :flash::flash:

ride the bike over and back and have lots and lots of fun in between times.....

(but NO Havana or 2am beach jogs for me this time :rolleyes::o:D)

marklwhittaker
30.07.2009, 09:21 AM
Moto GP dates give an indication of when WDW2010 will be

May 16 France Le Mans
May 30 Italy Mugello
June 6 Great Britain Silverstone
June 26 ** Netherlands Assen
July 4 Catalunya Catalunya
July 18 Germany Sachsenring
July 25 *** United States Laguna Seca
August 15 Czech Rep. Brno
August 29 Indianapolis Indianapolis
September 12 San Marino Misano
September 19 Hungary Balatonring
October 10 Malaysia Sepang
October 17 Australia Phillip Island
October 31 Portugal Estoril
November 7 Valencia Ricardo Tormo - Valencia

has WSB dates been announced yet?
if memory serves me right its always been around that event

Steve748
30.07.2009, 12:34 PM
all the previous WDW events have ended around the WSB Misano race weekend in May or June but as they have planned WDW2010 for September and the MotoGp is in September it's highly unlikely the WSB will be moved to September

marklwhittaker
30.07.2009, 12:40 PM
all the previous WDW events have ended around the WSB Misano race weekend in May or June but as they have planned WDW2010 for September and the MotoGp is in September it's highly unlikely the WSB will be moved to September
:thanks: cool...am there regardless o when it is ...man in a van still looks promising for me !!!!

Ray
21.08.2009, 08:35 PM
Been down to Misano twice. Did the ride down once and did the bikes in a van thing once.

The handbrake flew in with Junior who was 7 months old at the time and hired a car.

WDW 2010 would be ride down for me. To save time on Eurotrips I prefer to use the autoroutes, they might not be too much fun to ride but you get to where you want to be a lot quicker if time is short.

There's plenty of stuff to do in the area, Fazza factory/Museum, trip to Tavullia, San Marino itself is worth a look.
Milan is not a massive distance away if you have some shopaholics with you who flew in:ballchain:

Been wanting to do WDW again since 2002.

Ray.

Steve748
28.10.2009, 11:05 PM
The Misano date could be in doubt due to an almighty F1 cockup (http://www.motomatters.com/news/2009/10/27/2010_racing_calendar_changes_likely.html) :rolleyes:

Sticky?

Gizmo
29.10.2009, 02:32 PM
Its now unlikely I'll make it, I've got events finalising dates almost every day now and Ducati seem unable to do so, guess I'll just have to commit to those that can get their act together....

mbg
29.10.2009, 10:08 PM
I was talking to Martyn, President of DOC, at the Stafford Show and he was saying that the date had been changed due to a clash with Italian holidays?

When will it be - anyone know?

Steve748
29.10.2009, 10:28 PM
The WSB San Marino / Misano round ends the weekend of the 27th June so they could be starting it Monday 21st :dunno:

It will be bloody hot if it's in June :eek:

mbg
29.10.2009, 10:36 PM
The WSB San Marino / Misano round ends the weekend of the 27th June so they could be starting it Monday 21st :dunno:

It will be bloody hot if it's in June :eek:

That ties in with what I heard at the show.

Mad Dash
30.10.2009, 05:43 AM
excuse me if I have this wrong, but WDW was scheduled for 2010, which is about 9 weeks away... and they haven't even set a date yet ?????????????????

Maybe that's normal, maybe that's standard.... but I book trackdays with more forward planning that :confused::confused:

Tam
30.10.2009, 08:54 AM
Yep, there aint much to do for 4 days at Misano if talking about bikes is not your thing. Plenty flange and pubs, clubs around Rimini beach front.....thats where I'll be heading.......:D

Davie if you hadnae taken the bike you wouldn't have enjoyed the roads up and doon to San Morino, blatting between 2 trucks on the road to Venice for a chinkyand gettin burnt on the way back in t-shirts :p.
And anyway the last time we were at Rimini you got us flung oot a taxi ya fudd.
Rest assured if i make it this time i'm wearing a soundproof helmet to bed:eek::D

PaulV
30.10.2009, 10:01 AM
excuse me if I have this wrong, but WDW was scheduled for 2010, which is about 9 weeks away... and they haven't even set a date yet ?????????????????

Maybe that's normal, maybe that's standard.... but I book trackdays with more forward planning that :confused::confused:

Sounds about normal to me mate... 2007 was about the same I seem to remember... the event had a certain er..... Italian Charm to it even once we were there.:rolleyes:;):cool:

Mad Dash
30.10.2009, 11:49 AM
OK, fcuk it, these needs some MD management.

WDW is taking place tommorrow at my gaff, bring your bike and sandwiches. see you there at 1pm :rolleyes::D

Biscuit
30.10.2009, 12:05 PM
a stag roast?

miloVanMultistrada
01.11.2009, 08:09 PM
It would be pretty slack to change WDW to June after announcing September 2010. Definitely won't be going if it's June...

Mad Dash
01.11.2009, 08:11 PM
I won't have Ducati's so won't be going regardless, but it does seem to be an utter farce.

69jme69
09.11.2009, 06:20 PM
has there been any more rumours about dates yet? :dunno:

PaulV
09.11.2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.ducati.com/news/09/news015/news015.jhtml

official site.

GaryO
10.11.2009, 01:12 PM
Confirmed date being reported as 10th - 13th June :eek:

Steve748
10.11.2009, 05:00 PM
It's going to be @@@@ing hot there in June. I went to 2004 in the middle of May and it was 30 degrees :eek:

foxy
10.11.2009, 05:13 PM
Confirmed date being reported as 10th - 13th June :eek:

Ducati.com stilllllllllllllllllllllllllll says September?????????????

:dunno::dunno:

miloVanMultistrada
10.11.2009, 05:15 PM
It's going to be @@@@ing hot there in June. I went to 2004 in the middle of May and it was 30 degrees :eek:

Looks just as hot in June as in September - you're fried either way! :D

mr-orange
11.11.2009, 11:51 AM
june temps in italy for the last few years have been up around 38 - 42 degrees C.
maybe a little cooler by the ocean.
sep is a littel cooler about 30 degrees in the night :P

mr-orange
11.11.2009, 11:53 AM
just what is going on with this even first i see on there web page sep now i seen june do they know them selfs. a weekend of in june or sep is not easy for me but i would like to attend if at all possible. there web page says june 10 -13

Mad Dash
11.11.2009, 01:47 PM
absolutely comical... I'm going to Florida to see the REAL Mickey Mouse, as apposed to going to WDW in June just to discover it's September.. or September to discover it was June....:rolleyes:

Get a GRIP :mad:

Steve748
11.11.2009, 04:33 PM
Well it's typical Ducati planning.
There should be one every two years and the 2006 date was moved to 07 because the fcuked up the booking of the circuit.
Then they fcuked up again with the 07 date because it didn't end on a race w/end, they can't have looked at the race calender and they have got to meetings two choose from.
Now the June date is clashing with the F1 race just up the road at Imola so they couldn't have looked at the F1 meetings either.

Mad Dash
11.11.2009, 05:05 PM
Well it's typical Ducati planning.
because the fcuked up the booking - Then they fcuked up again - Now the June date is clashing

same ole, same ole... but you know what, that's what I like. They fcuk up just like the rest of us. It's not the well oiled machine like Yamaha... it's a wee factory and in some bizarre way not being able to organise a @@@@ up in brewery appeals to me :D

Steve748
12.11.2009, 04:37 PM
web page updated (http://www.ducati.com/news/09/news015/news015.jhtml) :o

Gizmo
12.11.2009, 04:44 PM
Same weekend as World Cup MTB Dh at Fort William, so where would i rather be? ooops I've got no choice in this I know where i'll be and it won't be Italy .....

Steve748
12.11.2009, 04:45 PM
They obviously didn't consult anybody about the best dates :comp2:

Steve748
14.11.2009, 08:05 PM
Provisional Calendar Reshuffled Again - Brno A Week Earlier
Submitted by David Emmett on Fri, 2009-11-13 18:38.
in MotoGP Brno, Czech Republic

The provisional calendar released for 2010 left the teams and fans scratching their heads a little. The calendar featured two sets of three back-to-back races; one set starting on June 20th with the British Grand Prix at Silverstone and ending two weeks later on July 4th with Catalunya; and one set starting on August 22nd with Brno and ending two weeks later at Misano on September 5th. The first back-to-back did not raise any foreseeable problems, the middle race being the traditional run up to Assen for the Dutch TT. The second set, however, was a different kettle of fish.

For sandwiched between Brno and Misano was Indianapolis, on August 29th, meaning that the middle race in this back-to-back involved a hop back and forth across the Atlantic Ocean to the American Mid-West. As if that wasn't bad enough, the transatlantic schedule meant that the second of the two post-race tests scheduled for the 2010 MotoGP season would have to be scrapped, as alternatives for the traditional test at Brno were either thin on the ground or far too late in the season to be of any use.

It was a situation that could not stand, and it has taken just a few days to be fixed. News has reached us from Brno - where our good friends over at Pole Position Travel have a relationship with the Brno circuit owners - that the Brno MotoGP round is to be rescheduled, pushed back a week to its original date on August 15th. This puts two weeks between Brno and Indianapolis, and makes the post-race tests at Brno possible again.

Although the shuffling of the calendar makes planning for both the teams and the fans rather complicated, the move will be a big help to a lot of parties involved in MotoGP. The factories, in particular, will be pleased to get another day of testing back, while the rest of the paddock will be pleased not to suffer two lots of severe jet lag in as many weeks, with some time to catch their breath between the races.

With this change, the calendar should now be more or less finalized. Though it is impossible to rule out any more changes before the start of the season, the biggest changes are now surely behind us.

Steve748
16.12.2009, 07:07 PM
World Ducati Week, June 2010. Save the date, warm up your engines and get your heart revving! The greatest Ducati gathering is coming back.
The planned date for motorcycle fans of all ages and nationalities to come together is June 10th-13th 2010 at the Misano World Circuit.

Four days of non-stop fun are planned: track sessions, official riders and stunts, evening parties, concerts, motorcycle tours, Ducati Factory and Museum visits, historical bikes exhibitions, conferences, and much more.

If you are coming from outside Europe, the ticket is free! For European participants, prices will be the same as in 2007.
4 day pass (June from 10th to 13th)

Type purchased until April 30th
purchased from May 1st

biker 70 euros 80 euros
visitor/ passenger 45 euros 50 euros
DOC member
40 euros 40 euros

One day pass - available from June 9th - only at the circuit

Thursday
35 euros
Friday
35 euros
Saturday
45 euros
Sunday
45 euros

Keep an eye on Ducati.com — more information on how you can join us will be online in the upcoming months.
search
search from date to date search clear
attached files
Hotel prices - download PDF

mbg
17.12.2009, 03:37 PM
Does this mean the dates are now set or are they still provisional?

PaulV
17.12.2009, 04:19 PM
Steve cut and pasted from a Ducati website. Emails have been sent out (Official emails) with links that take you to the page Steve posted. I'll try and link it later.

monstermac
17.12.2009, 06:27 PM
I got an email from Ducati.com and they still say its the 'planned date' and advised me to keep checking the web site. We are still reluctant to book flights and hotels until it is a definate date
carol & Ian

69jme69
17.12.2009, 08:02 PM
Steve cut and pasted from a Ducati website. Emails have been sent out (Official emails) with links that take you to the page Steve posted. I'll try and link it later.

yeah both lorna and meself got "the" email too confirming for 10/13 june

PaulV
17.12.2009, 08:22 PM
As promised............

http://www.ducati.com/vi/publisher.do?pageName=editorialitem&entityId=1332

Martyn748
19.12.2009, 01:38 PM
The factory is also trying to book lots of hotels together, I would hold on a little longer if you want to be in the midst of things.

Steve748
13.03.2010, 11:54 PM
This is the campsite and it will get fairly full!
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en-GB&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Via+Litoranea+nord&amp;sll=43.97458,12.713606&amp;sspn=0.005605,0.014656&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Via+Litoranea+Nord,+47843+Misano+Adriatico+Rimini,+Emilia+Romagna,+Italy&amp;t=h&amp;z=15&amp;ll=43.974594,12.709463&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en-GB&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Via+Litoranea+nord&amp;sll=43.97458,12.713606&amp;sspn=0.005605,0.014656&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Via+Litoranea+Nord,+47843+Misano+Adriatico+Rimini,+Emilia+Romagna,+Italy&amp;t=h&amp;z=15&amp;ll=43.974594,12.709463" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Nimue
16.03.2010, 05:58 PM
Brilliant googlemap Steve! Scroll down and left to see Misano circuit.

Funny old thing, I was just looking at the 2007 pics this morning! Who's going this year....?

Scottch
16.03.2010, 06:29 PM
Who's going this year....?

Me and my wee clan!

Them by plane, me by bike (hopefully!) :D

duncthediver
16.03.2010, 06:37 PM
Yep i am going with Ducati Leeds. Fly Ride:)

ducati girl
16.03.2010, 07:51 PM
I'm going woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo, can't wait!

Riding all the way there................................... and all the way back :D

We've got some fabulous hotels booked..........bring on those parties:lol2:

Ray
17.03.2010, 07:31 PM
Riding, the 998 has not been back to it's homeland.

June 2010 is Ducatifest month, a trip to motoGP, WDW and two days at on track at Cadwell park.

Ray.

Wob748
17.03.2010, 07:37 PM
I'll be there, and at the GP too, and hopefully the Ducati Museum & Factory. Quick question (or 3). Who's done the Museum & Factory tour, do you have to book and is it any good?

Scottch
17.03.2010, 07:40 PM
Museum Tour - I loved it, and yes you need to book!

Chiz
18.03.2010, 05:17 AM
I'll be there, and at the GP too, and hopefully the Ducati Museum & Factory. Quick question (or 3). Who's done the Museum & Factory tour, do you have to book and is it any good?

Aye, you need to book & it will be mega busy then. BOOK EARLY.
I went round twice. BRILL.
Then you pop up to the Ducati Superstore 5 minutes walk from the factory & spend more money.

If your on your bike a visit to the Ferrari Gallaria & Lambo museum & factory is well worth it.

All within 1/2 hour of Bologna.:thumbs::thumbs:

Nimue
20.03.2010, 07:37 PM
Yep to all the above (booking, Ducati shop at separate location) and look out for the 'laydees' on the ride into Bologna :eek:

Tam
22.03.2010, 04:25 PM
Yep to all the above (booking, Ducati shop at separate location) and look out for the 'laydees' on the ride into Bologna :eek:

OHHHHH YES, i remember them,lol.

PaulV
22.03.2010, 05:59 PM
OHHHHH YES, i remember them,lol.

I seem to remember there were ladies in Switzerland too Tam....;):flash::shocked:

Tam
03.04.2010, 02:10 PM
They were scarry mate, did you see the size of the muscles :D

Steve748
04.04.2010, 12:09 PM
They were scarry mate, did you see the size of the muscles :D

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/images/2007/09/25/mark_cuban_scar.jpg

like this? :)

Freak
04.04.2010, 02:21 PM
Time off work = booked
Hotel = booked

Just waiting for El Presidente to fill in the blanks

Oh, and at the moment I'll be on the Katoom :-) Can't see a Desmo doing 60-70 per tank and a set of tyres to get there and another to get back being much fun, anyone got a spare Duke they wanna lend me for the trip? :eek:

Lily
06.04.2010, 08:35 AM
anyone got a spare Duke they wanna lend me for the trip? :eek:

stick a new set of tyres on and you can take Bert if you are gentle with him :D

Jasper
07.04.2010, 07:00 PM
I would love to go and have no idea how to go about this,having never done anything like it before.Anybody got space in a van for a 888 and a spare room in a hotel?

bumblebee
08.04.2010, 08:35 PM
Dear Ducatisti
The calculator never lies and I think with a bit of inventive loading I can fit another 2 bikes on the trailer that we are shipping down to Pesaro near Misano on the 04 June. We've 26 bikes booked on the trailer this far, and the cost is 395 return, you drop bike off in Manchester, we professionally pack it (dont worry this is 5th year weve been doing this without any probs), we ship bikes down to Pesaro, you flight out Ryanair from Liverpool on 9th June, collect bike from Pesaro, do the WDW thing etc etc. drop bike off in Pesaro a week later, and we ship it back, you collect it from Manchester, job done! The 395 is just for the rtn bike transport, but if you want coach transfers to/from depot its 25 extra. Ive also booked hotels, Borgo Panigani factory tours, lap dancing etc, but you can pick and mix as much as you like. Give me a call if you fink its a starter (not after 22.00H pls) Tarzan 07702 664592

Ray
08.04.2010, 09:40 PM
I would love to go and have no idea how to go about this,having never done anything like it before.Anybody got space in a van for a 888 and a spare room in a hotel?

Where's ya sense of adventure, ride the thing there and back, it's a motorbike not a flipping bone china tea set:gay::flypig::ohwell::stir::lol:

Book a tunnel crossing.
sort out yer paperwork, travel insurance, breakdown cover (not that you will need it)
Sort some accomodation.

Pack as lightly as possible and set off.

Been down there twice now, rode once, vanned it once. Gonna ride again this time.

You could always forget taking the bike completely. Jet2 (from leeds Bradford) to Venice, rent a car and bobs yer fathers brother.

1,000,001 other options, well almost:lol2:

Give me a call if you like Jasp.

Ray

Steve748
06.05.2010, 03:40 PM
A http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/bump.gif from Ducati in my mailbox............

WORLD DUCATI WEEK 2010 - NEWS
TESTS AND BREATHTAKING CHALLENGES: THE RED PLANET RUNS ON A HIGH-OCTANE ATMOSPHERE!

Hello Steve,

The Red Planet is swarming with surprises! Here are just a few you can look forward to.

Ducati riders’ drag race
On Saturday 12th June get ready to witness a never-before-seen event.
Ducati team riders will be hitting the track at WDW to challenge each other directly in drag races on powerful Streetfighters. Riders will go head-to-head in sudden-death duels. Who will be the last man standing?

Ducati Xerox Team official tests
Don’t miss out on the Team Ducati Superbike official test sessions.
Every day there’ll be a test held publicly in front of thousands of Ducati fans, a one-of-a-kind event that will make the 2010 edition even more special. Read the comment by SBK Project Manager, Ernesto Marinelli.

WDW2010 Lottery
The luckiest person on the Red Planet? It could be you!
4-day pass holders will be entered into a draw with some stunning prizes: a Multistrada 1200, an exclusive Travel Experience in Spain and Morocco and high-speed racing lessons at the Mercedes-AMG Driving Academy.

Ducati range Test Ride
At WDW you can try them all! Reach us on the Red Planet to try out the entire Ducati range, the new Multistrada 1200 included!

Ducati Vintage Contest
At every edition the paddock is brimming with magnificent vintage motorcycles. This year they’ll really come into their own, in a competition devised specially for them – the Ducati Vintage Contest. Discover the details.

Don’t forget that you have until 15th May to purchase your WDW tickets on-line and receive them at home. After that they can only be picked up directly at the circuit.

Hurry now to purchase your pass at the official WDW 2010 website!

mbg
06.05.2010, 09:05 PM
Can anyone help? I'm looking for advice about camping for WDW.

Any recommendations?

rockjock620
06.05.2010, 09:26 PM
Take a tent?

Steve748
07.05.2010, 04:35 PM
The campsite is next to the sea

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en-GB&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Via+Litoranea+nord&amp;sll=43.97458,12.713606&amp;sspn=0.005605,0.014656&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Via+Litoranea+Nord,+47843+Misano+Adriatico+Rimini,+Emilia+Romagna,+Italy&amp;t=h&amp;z=15&amp;ll=43.974594,12.709463&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en-GB&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Via+Litoranea+nord&amp;sll=43.97458,12.713606&amp;sspn=0.005605,0.014656&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Via+Litoranea+Nord,+47843+Misano+Adriatico+Rimini,+Emilia+Romagna,+Italy&amp;t=h&amp;z=15&amp;ll=43.974594,12.709463" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

by the side of the Marina....

monstermac
07.05.2010, 07:24 PM
Mary, just bring your sleeping bag, you can bunk in our hotel room
c

mbg
07.05.2010, 09:34 PM
The campsite is next to the sea

by the side of the Marina....

Thanks Steve.

What is it called? Do you know if vans are allowed to park beside the tents?

mbg
07.05.2010, 09:34 PM
Mary, just bring your sleeping bag, you can bunk in our hotel room
c

Might take you up on that if the weather turns nasty! :D

Steve748
08.05.2010, 02:04 PM
I think it is this (http://www.campingmisano.it/main/?lang=en) one Mary, yes you can take a van into the site and there is usually room to leave it next to the tent

mbg
08.05.2010, 07:22 PM
I think it is this (http://www.campingmisano.it/main/?lang=en) one Mary, yes you can take a van into the site and there is usually room to leave it next to the tent

Thanks Steve. I thought that was the one but wanted to check. I've spoken to a lady on the phone and sent an email so, hopefully we're booked. :D:D

iconic944ss
09.05.2010, 09:41 AM
My Bro has let me see a copy of a Ducati club magazine that shows a suggested route that I'll try and scan if its of interest.

I've not read this full thread but I believe Ducati Leeds were organising a tour but no-one was available when I phoned last.

Steve748
10.05.2010, 01:38 PM
When you spoke to her on the phone Mary did you ask if you can have an area for everybody that is going? If you tell her there are a group of you & numbers then she might be able to set aside a corner/or section of the site for you.

2004 they reserved the far left corner for the DOC, only thing it was an extra distance to walk on a night time.

Wob748
26.02.2011, 04:25 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I was browsing You Choob and found this.

VlixvM9cavo&playnext=1&list=PLC9F165342A62B653

Ahhh the memories! Fek it was hot!

ZootCadillac
26.03.2011, 02:33 PM
well, the tee-shirt was nice ;)

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8338/dscn0181.jpg