PDA

View Full Version : dont be as stupid as me

gordj65
19.05.2006, 08:38 AM
as some might know i replaced my calipers on the front recently.what i didnt say was when i was assembling them i lost one of my new crush washers so i thought id risk it with an old one,and right enuff it worked ok.

But this morning on the way in i stopped for petrol and decided to just check the calipers and the one i used the old washer on had started to leak. i had to stop and buy washers of one of my competitors (as i have none in stock) at a 250% mark up on cost price and when i get home tonight ill have to strip everything down refit new washers and re bleed the brakes.

i have gave customers a telling to for doing things like this,i really should have known better,but i was in a rush and didnt think things through properly.

i have written this as a warning to you all no to be as stupid as me and also to maybe prove to myself i can be a right arse at times.

conclusions
1.if you dont have the right part dont do the job
2.never rush things
3.im a total :jerkoff:

Scottch
19.05.2006, 09:11 AM
We already knew about #3 Gordon ;)

Nevermind mate - a lesson learnt, and all sorted in time for the weekend!

Dukess1999
20.05.2006, 08:12 AM
You can re-use old copper crush washers if you heat them up with a blow torch or on a gas burner (I'm fae Aberdeen!).

gordj65
20.05.2006, 08:53 AM
You can re-use old copper crush washers if you heat them up with a blow torch or on a gas burner (I'm fae Aberdeen!).
do you think i was going to spend money on gas (im from edinburgh)

Martin Ducati Glasgow
20.05.2006, 11:23 AM
And they say us weegies are tight!!! ;) :D

gordj65
20.05.2006, 12:09 PM
youve been waiting on that chance havent you martin ;) :D

Scottch
20.05.2006, 03:26 PM

They're right too! ;)