PDA

View Full Version : V7 Racer

Gizmo
17.09.2010, 07:27 PM
If this goes into production with that tank I might just be tempted to part with some cash :)

YJNctdEaoxo

Mr Burns
17.09.2010, 10:10 PM
With you all the way looks gorgeous might even keep in the lounge like the bloke in the video

239desmo
17.09.2010, 10:14 PM
Our tastes seem to be running in parallel at the moment!

This (http://www.moto.it/news/moto-guzzi-v7-clubman-racer.html) was the first time I saw it a year ago and took a real shine to it but it never seemed to happen.

Now it is supposed to be happening again here (http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-videos/video-2011-moto-guzzi-v7-racer/14019.html)

I understood that you could buy a standard V7 and convert it but I couldn't find a dealer that seemed to know anything about it.

It would be about the only thing that would tempt me new right now other than maybe a Triumph.

Gizmo
18.09.2010, 06:47 AM
interesting comment from visordown "With just 49bhp and 40ft-lbs of torque on tap the V7 Racer is most definitely all about style and not so much about speed, which we think is no bad thing." maybe the biking press are coming around to what us old guys have been saying for a while!

Only downsides for me could be guzzi's dubious build quality (I said I'd never buy another after the norge) and forks/brakes. Like the Triumph and SC1000 these are budget items but hopefully the price will reflect that and it should be possible to upgrade if you want handling performance.

Mr Burns
18.09.2010, 07:24 AM
It would be about the only thing that would tempt me new right now other than maybe a Triumph.

Which one? I've been looking at the Bonneville range and find that the distance from the seat to the pegs is too cramped for me, dealer reckons my legs are too long for my body lol

Pict
18.09.2010, 08:02 AM

Between this, 750 specials with 'Tank Shop' tanks and Beveltech cafe racers there does seem to be a bit of a common thread through many of our tastes!

Bit late in the year now, but let me know if you ever want a shottie on the Thruxton ;)

239desmo
18.09.2010, 08:09 AM
Which one? I've been looking at the Bonneville range and find that the distance from the seat to the pegs is too cramped for me, dealer reckons my legs are too long for my body lol

:lol2:
Reminds me of a friend who many years ago went into "Burtons" looking for a jacket.
This would be in the '70's and seem to recall it was brown check with LARGE lapels.:eek:
It was on special offer (wonder why???) and on trying it on he couldn't get the button to fasten.
Salesman said " No it fits perfectly....no-one fastens jackets today anyway".

As regards Triumph the Bonnie or the Thruxton appeal but I have not actually tried one out.
Can't imagine compared to a Montjuic it could possibly be cramped for me!! :D

239desmo
18.09.2010, 08:16 AM
Between this, 750 specials with 'Tank Shop' tanks and Beveltech cafe racers there does seem to be a bit of a common thread through many of our tastes!

Bit late in the year now, but let me know if you ever want a shottie on the Thruxton ;)

You were keeping that quiet! :lol2:
What do you think of the Thruxton?

Oddly enough speaking to a pal yesterday who was saying he is thinking of building a cafe special as well as he reckons although he has had some seriously quick stuff in the past he feels 80hp is plenty for todays roads.
In the words of Bob Dylan "The times they are a changing".

239desmo
18.09.2010, 08:20 AM
Only downsides for me could be guzzi's dubious build quality (I said I'd never buy another after the norge) and forks/brakes.

I remember you saying that but the trouble is it is Italian!! :D

The thought of a shaft drive really appeals to me.

I am developing a hatred of chains as I get even older.

Faffing about with cleaning, oiling, adjusting, and muck all over the back wheel.:(

Probably is an old guy thing right enough.

Pict
18.09.2010, 08:49 AM
You were keeping that quiet! :lol2:
What do you think of the Thruxton?

Oddly enough speaking to a pal yesterday who was saying he is thinking of building a cafe special as well as he reckons although he has had some seriously quick stuff in the past he feels 80hp is plenty for todays roads.
In the words of Bob Dylan "The times they are a changing".

I love it.... now. In it's original state it is a wee bit breathless and the rear could be skittish. Funnily enough a lad at work has the 'normal' V7 and shockers, brakes etc are the same or similar to the Thruxton.

'Jenks Bolts' was the site to visit for jetting tips etc when I got mine (2006 - present to myself for a 'big' birthday) but although the site was still there last time I looked, I think Jenks himself is no longer involved.

Dunno what the FI ones are like, but carby one needs better pipes / breathing and rear shocks from the start. Then you can a bit carried away with K&N's / jetting, 6 pot caliper, progressive springs etc etc Then much like Ducati's there are always big bore kits, FCRs...

It will always be a pretty heavy bike though I was able to keep up with less experienced guys on sports 600's on some work ride outs. Best technique in that situation come from Mini 850 days, keep it pinned, don't back off and HANG ON :D

Scotty
20.09.2010, 08:02 PM
@@@@ it

239desmo
20.09.2010, 08:06 PM
more video umm chrome tank

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cXPFAiSRVpc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cXPFAiSRVpc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:confused:

:)

Scotty
20.09.2010, 08:09 PM
yeah i need more than 4 mins to fix it

239desmo
20.09.2010, 08:13 PM
yeah i need more than 4 mins to fix it

:lol2:

Scotty
20.09.2010, 08:30 PM
almost suspect I'm trying to post the same link anyway

humm anyway

us father now he's retired and all that, is thinking about re-living his yoof

(I just wish he would get on with it in a way, but then there is the whole problem with infinite choice as it were, not sure what id do like)

last month he was after some sort of triumph type cruser

last week it was a 09 royal Enfield bullet (because it was local = possibly a consideration when up north, it was reasonably priced i though, though that's a whole other 'how the hell should I know')

anyway the 'happy soul' that he is also keeps mentioning inheritance ,which has got to be the stupidest reason ever for bike choice, but I could possibly fancy one of these so I might egg him on a bit

239desmo
06.10.2010, 08:25 PM
Seems to have become a reality (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Moto-Guzzi-V7-CAFE-CLUBMAN-ORDERS-NOW-BEING-TAKEN-/190453217304?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2c57e57818) at last. :)