PDA

View Full Version : moto giro

robin1414
08.11.2010, 06:34 AM
Hi could you please give me as much information on the Moto Giro i have a 1993 900 ie elephant and would like to tag along for the 2011 event many thanks

Biscuit
08.11.2010, 08:03 AM
here (http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12788) would be a good place to start :thumbs:

samieb
08.11.2010, 08:58 AM
You can also contact Barry Jones from the
www.classicducati.com

He has done a few Moto Giro's over the years and as there are 2 event dates in recent years give the necessary advise too..

robin1414
10.11.2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the information i tried to contact the man at classic ducati but no luck as yet if there is anyone else i would be very greatfull

239desmo
10.11.2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the information i tried to contact the man at classic ducati but no luck as yet if there is anyone else i would be very greatfull

Did you read the other thread or follow up the links?

What is it you want to know as the Club Terni link will give you a lot of the info.

Barry Jones has competed in a few over the years but is not a UK organisor (as far as I am aware there is not one) and having spoken with Barry a few weeks ago he is probably not attending next year.

Assuming the court case in Italy has run it's course I would think the chances of a Dream Engine event happening in 2011 is very slim. There are tales of 2010 competitors still awaiting goods and refunds they claim they paid for which does not auger well if true.

If you are planning doing it the Club Terni event is the one I would book.

robin1414
12.11.2010, 09:54 AM
thank you very much for the information i have spoken to Barry from classic ducati nice man with the information that i have i am very likely to ride down on my Elephant and enter the tourist class it sounds like a fab gig and Thesesa and myself are very much looking foreward to it Many thanks for your help regards Robin

robin1414
04.01.2011, 03:50 PM
Hi i wonder if anyone help me with registering my application for the 2011 moto giro i have filled in the on line application form and tried to send my deposit on several occasions to laura her reply is always in Italion and i have asked her several times if she has recieved the form with no sucess? Robin

zvez
04.01.2011, 08:02 PM
HI Robin,

http://www.motogiroitalia.it/english/indexenglish.html

Is this how you're accessing the giro entry form? Click subscribe, fill out all the fields and

save, you'll be asked to create a password and your username is your email. You'll be prompted when you select to pay your deposit, a popup will come up asking you to attach images of your drivers license. just click ok as you can do that later.

You'll get a window to come up,fill out the credit card info(this was not working initially but I paid late last week and went thru fine.)

I'm puzzled why Laura would answer in Italian as she speaks and writes superb English.

Don't forget when saving the form in the lower right you have to enter the code letters that are in the box (to prevent spamming, you know the strange words/letters). Once you succeed in saving the licensing box comes up. click ok and the credit window opens.

If none of this works for you pm me and I'll see what I can do. Hope to see you in May!
Chris

robin1414
06.01.2011, 04:11 PM
Hi first of all thank you very much for your help i have had another go last night and only had a problem with the pre payment and registration balance sections. I do read on club terni site that they have decided to charge 1400 euros across the board per person i am hoping that will make things a little easier so i am going to have a go tonight fingers crossed. I have also noticed there is a pop up box offering to share which my name is in that list no disrespect but i am sharing with my partner Theresa?. Are you riding down Chris or are you going by wagon Many Thanks Robin

239desmo
06.01.2011, 04:23 PM
Are you riding down Chris or are you going by wagon

Robin, Chris is on the other side of "the pond".
If you want to get depressed ask him about his weather just now! :lol2:

zvez
06.01.2011, 06:39 PM
Ha!! Stewart, well a bit colder today so have been riding the goldwing!

Robin, yep I"m located in GA, so flying into Bologna and then taking the train to florence to pick up my rental bike and then lots of riding!

Good luck Robin and if you have probs with the credit card bit lemme know! I had to do it a time or too before I did it right.

HOpe to meet you Robin and Stewart as well!
Chris

Robin, Chris is on the other side of "the pond".
If you want to get depressed ask him about his weather just now! :lol2:

robin1414
11.01.2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Chris still having trouble with form what in gods name is Pre Registration Data i have never had so much trouble spending 2800 euros before. If i dont suceed soon i will go to world ducati week or somethink like that any help would be appriciated Robin

ChrisBushell
11.01.2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Chris still having trouble with form what in gods name is Pre Registration Data i have never had so much trouble spending 2800 euros before. If i dont suceed soon i will go to world ducati week or somethink like that any help would be appriciated Robin

Robin,

If you are still having trouble go to www.motogiroditalia,com and you can get two places for 2200 at the moment with the correct discount code! That save 600 by my reckoning!

Chris

robin1414
11.01.2011, 05:07 PM
Hi Chris is the 2200 with Moto Club Terni or Dream Engine 2 because the people i wish to use is Moto Club Terni Many thanks Robin

zvez
11.01.2011, 10:46 PM
Robin, that's the other Chris, I think he's working on commission with Dreamengine! ;)

Motoclub terni is the one you were logging on to subscribe on. that's the club terni version.

Link here:

http://www.motogiroitalia.it/english/indexenglish.html

Chris, the one in georgia

Hi Chris is the 2200 with Moto Club Terni or Dream Engine 2 because the people i wish to use is Moto Club Terni Many thanks Robin

zvez
11.01.2011, 10:50 PM
Robin

Sorry I just saw this post. Pre-registration data. When you pay your 300 euro deposit and get an email confirm, it automatically puts the credit card transaction # in that window, nothing you have to do at all. Just remember, very important to save you subscribption form each time you work on it.

Lemme know if you have any other questions

Chris

robin1414
14.01.2011, 08:33 PM
Hi Chris bingo we eventually made it thank for all your help look foreward to meeting you in May

zvez
14.01.2011, 10:39 PM
Good job Robin!!
I'll buy the first beer!
Chris

Hi Chris bingo we eventually made it thank for all your help look foreward to meeting you in May