PDA

View Full Version : Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport

gobert23
09.02.2011, 11:03 AM
I'll need to get some pictures sorted out, but I've basically got an ol' Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport (yes, a genuine Sport) tucked away in the garage.

Rough around the edges, having been stored in a basement garage for many years; I'm not actually sure where to start...

I've been trying to dig up as much background information on the lil' bike that I can, but does anyoen here have experience with the marque / model?

I know that before I attempt to restore anything, the timing belt will need to be replaced (thankfully nothing's snapped or seized), but this one looks like it'll need a complete nut and bolt job.

Thankfully, about 95% fo the bike's there... Just missing a couple of badges and a broken indicator. It'll certainly keep me busy...

<pictures to follow>

G:rolleyes:

rendo
09.02.2011, 11:56 AM
Was hoping that was going to be in the 'for sale' as its one of my favourite bikes. and i'll get one some day.
NLM (www.northleicestermotorcycles.com) seem to be a good source for all things Morini, particularly spares. i am always hopeful that one will come on the market nearer to home.
sorry, not much help, but i have the book on the morini 3 1/2 and 500 portfolio which gives a good account of all the changes to the models over the years. a lot of the content is on the net however, and your welcome to borrow it.

looking forward to some photos

239desmo
09.02.2011, 01:30 PM
I know little about them but oddly enough on the SDC "roadshows" last year I met the same chap at 3 different events who has one which he restored and was trying to sell it.
I was tempted to buy it ( truth is I am tempted to buy just about anything Italian but thankfully lack of money and space stops that happening :o) and last I heard which was back end of last year he still had it.
He would be a good contact to give you info on the bike and if he still has it then a chance to buy it as well.
I will have his email etc somewhere so if you are interested drop me a pm and I will forward his details.

Gizmo
09.02.2011, 06:36 PM
NL Motorcycles are a good place to start as they carry a lot of Morini spares and you'll find that many of the running parts like brakes,wheels etc could be the same as Ducati's or Laverda's from that era.

Cateran
10.02.2011, 11:58 AM
Pal of mine restored one a number of years ago. It was rustier than a 70's FIAT. The wiring was amazing but the true pinnacle of achievement was restoring the paper thin petrol tank.

Lovely bike when finished tho':)

gobert23
27.04.2011, 04:03 PM
Oops. I forgot that I'd posted up about this already... Now thinkin' of sellin' it, as I want to be riding the Duc' this Summer (and not spending all my time restoring the Moto Morini).

G