PDA

View Full Version : metal worker/ machinist

rendo
24.02.2011, 03:39 PM
looking for a someone who can make me a couple of brackets/plates from aluminium, preferably local to glasgow.
Anyone any ideas of firms that will take on small on-off jobs like this.

Basically, its to allow me to reposition the rearsets on the bike a little to clear the exhaust.
I've can detail all the dimensions on cad drawing, so i guess i could send this to someone with cnc capability.

239desmo
24.02.2011, 04:10 PM
looking for a someone who can make me a couple of brackets/plates from aluminium, preferably local to glasgow.
Anyone any ideas of firms that will take on small on-off jobs like this.

Basically, its to allow me to reposition the rearsets on the bike a little to clear the exhaust.
I've can detail all the dimensions on cad drawing, so i guess i could send this to someone with cnc capability.

I got made for me brackets, pegs, rods etc to go on my project bike.

Not difficult to do but bear in mind you may need new rods to connect after the position changes.

Guy is not near Glasgow but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone.

Pict
24.02.2011, 04:20 PM
Sorry, not near Glasgow.

If getting done as a casher then it will help if you supply your own material.

slipperyweeguy
24.02.2011, 05:13 PM
Phone Dynotech Ecosse www.dynotechecosse.co.uk They are at Hillington. A chap called Ian is in and out of there all the time, often in the evenings. He machines all sorts of things for race and custom bikes.

molenz
06.04.2011, 01:26 PM
your brackets are ready and can be picked up anytime from Yantosh
johnny.