PDA

View Full Version : Winter Warmer Social

Gizmo
16.12.2005, 10:11 PM
Jon Mercer is arranging a social night more details (http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/social.php)

Freak
21.12.2005, 11:31 AM
It's on the front page folks, some of the Jocks already know about it, and one or two have expressed an interest.

Basically:-

Sat 14th Jan
Bollington, Cheshire - you can see the Cat&Fiddle :)
Viceroy Curry house - V. Nice
Various local bars, or a trip into Macclesfield to follow

Around 20 people already coming, the more the merrier, you can probably crash at Lily's if you're quick (floor space available as the beds have already gone) but there's a few B&B's or Travel Inn/Lodge nearby

Let me know so I can get the table sorted

Gizmo
21.12.2005, 11:40 AM
its also at socials (www.ducati-upnorth.com/social.php)

Freak
23.12.2005, 09:33 PM
Who's coming then who I don't know about?

Do the usual put your name down and copy and paste etc etc.

I need to sort tables, directions for interested parties

dseered
23.12.2005, 10:30 PM
Sorry will have a look at work e-mails in the morning !

Freak
28.12.2005, 11:24 AM
Below is a list of details, directions, B&B's, Rail and Taxi information if anyone needs any of this for the Curry Night.

7:30pm Meet at the Viceroy Curry House

Click below for details, menu etc

http://viceroyindian.com/homepage2.htm

22 Ingersley Road,
Bollington,
Macclesfield,
Cheshire.
SK10 5RF
TEL: 01625 573006

Directions:-

From the M56: Exit at Junction 6 onto the A538 to Wilmslow. From Wilmslow centre take the left turn for Stockport (A538). At the next traffic lights turn right past Wilmslow Station, follow this road to a small roundabout and turn left. At the next roundabout turn right for Macclesfield and at the next roundabout turn right to Adlington. After the garage on your left take the left turn sign-posted Adlington Hall (Mill Lane), pass Adlington Hall and at the main road junction go straight ahead past the Legh Arms heading for Pott Shrigley, follow this road for several miles, eventually you will pass Shrigley Hall on your left and eventually you will bear right towards Bollington, at the roundabout turn left onto Ingersley Road, the Viceroy is on your left hand side approx ¼ mile up the road.

From M62: Leave at Junction 12 onto the M60. Exit at Junction 3 onto the A34. Take the A555 to Poynton, then take the B5149 to the A523 towards Macclesfield. Turn left at the Legh Arms to Pott Shrigley. Follow this road for several miles, eventually you will pass Shrigley Hall on your left and eventually you will bear right towards Bollington, at the roundabout turn left onto Ingersley Road, the Viceroy is on your left hand side approx ¼ mile up the road.

From the M6: Leave the M6 at Junction 17 and head towards Congelton on the A534, then take the A536 to Macclesfield. Leave Macclesfield on the A523 following signs to Stockport. You will pass a large Tesco’s on your right hand side (at a roundabout) at the next roundabout (McDonalds on your right) carry straight on to another roundabout (signposted right for Bollington) turn right and follow this road for several miles, through several sets of lights all the way until you come to a mini-roundabout, at this roundabout you will need to fork right slightly up INGERSLEY ROAD, the Viceroy is approx ¼ mile further along on your left.

Also enclosed is a map of the local area, click below

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=394000&Y=378000&gride=394172&gridn=377941&scale=10000&coordsys=gb&db=&lang=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&localinfosel=&local=&kw=&srec=0&mapsize=big&db=&rt

There are a few local hotels, B&B's if anyone is possibly staying over, see below:-

Shrigley Hall
Pott Shrigley
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK10 5SB
TEL:-01625 575757

Best Western
Hollin Hall
Jackson Lane
Kerridge
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK10 5BG
TEL:- 01625 573246

Red Oaks Farm
Charter Road
Bollington
Cheshire
SK10 5NU
TEL:-01625 574280

Premier Travel Inn
Tytherington Business Park
Springwood Way
Tytherington
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK10 2XA
TEL:- 08701 977 167

Also telephone number for a local Taxi company - 01625 614666

And for Rail timetables etc click below

www.networkrail.co.uk

Gizmo
28.12.2005, 11:53 AM
Phew, you've been busy Jon, was that all your own work? or did ms organized help you out :D

AK & CK
28.12.2005, 03:16 PM
oh - for anyone 'wavering', just to help you make your mind up - AK & I are going:rolleyes: so that should reduce the numbers for you JPM:D :D

Freak
28.12.2005, 06:05 PM
Phew, you've been busy Jon, was that all your own work? or did ms organized help you out :D

No I researched all of this when I was "working from home" today :)

AK & CK
04.01.2006, 09:37 PM
Many on the list JPM?

oh, and can you send me directions to our 5* hotel, where we will be aiming to get to first?

Fankyoo

C:cool:

dseered
04.01.2006, 09:47 PM
At this point in time, I am driving, will be there though, looking forward to it, Freak there may be a female companian aswell, how late can I let you know ?

Lily
05.01.2006, 08:29 AM
Ian

It should be fine as we have space booked to cover us!!

Freak
05.01.2006, 10:46 AM
Many on the list JPM?

oh, and can you send me directions to our 5* hotel, where we will be aiming to get to first?

Fankyoo

There's a good 20+ currently, we've got a table for 30 at present just in case, there should be a few people there who aren't DSC members also, but have bikes, some were involved in RTL last year etc also.

The 5 star accomodation you refer to is literally a 10 minute walk away from the curry house, see enclosed map (taken from the original) :)

Scottch
10.01.2006, 11:52 AM
Right peeps - need a bit of input here.

Things are looking up, and today it looks like I'll manage down for the curry night.

Of the hotels listed, which would you recommend?

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 12:35 PM
Lock up your daughters......Im coming with Scottch!!!!! Beer and sex and chips and gravy on the menu???

Freak
10.01.2006, 12:49 PM
Right peeps - need a bit of input here.

Things are looking up, and today it looks like I'll manage down for the curry night.

Of the hotels listed, which would you recommend?

Shrigley Hall is a pukka hotel Scottch, very nice = not cheap! but worth it, pamper the lady etc (Have a look at their website - do a Google :) )

Hollin Hall looks OK, we've driven by it that's all, it's a mile or two from the curry house if that helps, it's a Best Western so you know it'll be OK

The Travel Inn will be your usual Travelodge type of affair etc, and that's about 5-6 miles from the curry house etc

Drop me a PM if you want me to do a bit of leg work for you

Freak
10.01.2006, 12:50 PM
Lock up your daughters......Im coming with Scottch!!!!! Beer and sex and chips and gravy on the menu???

Oh dear..... Should I get the coffee's on then? :p

AK & CK
10.01.2006, 12:53 PM
Blimey, with Scottch coming, I hope you can reassure me there are NO lifts whatsoever JPM:eek: ........ am now geting verrrrry scared as Davie is going too!!!!!:eek:

C U Sat at JHP first tho:)

Freak
10.01.2006, 12:58 PM
Blimey, with Scottch coming, I hope you can reassure me there are NO lifts whatsoever JPM:eek: ........ am now geting verrrrry scared as Davie is going too!!!!!:eek:

I'm going to keep Davie's attendance quiet, he might scare a few people off ;)

See you on Sat Morning :D

Lily
10.01.2006, 01:25 PM
As I am assuming that a few of you folks may like a few beverages at 'chez Lily' at some point can anyone give me guidance on requirements?

I am good with Wine and spirits etc, but struggle on the whole beer front??

phoenix
10.01.2006, 01:33 PM
As I am assuming that a few of you folks may like a few beverages at 'chez Lily' at some point can anyone give me guidance on requirements?

Tea one sugar please :)

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 01:33 PM
Oh dear..... Should I get the coffee's on then? :p

You'll do nothing of the sort!!!

Freak
10.01.2006, 01:35 PM
You'll do nothing of the sort!!!

Who rattled his cage :p

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 01:36 PM

Scott and me are having a Jim Beam fest the noo. ;) Was on special at Sainsburys! 10.99 a bottle. Best to get about 4 off :D

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 01:38 PM

Dont worry that much folks.....Me other half is now coming too. She'll keep us on the straight and narrow (or try to) :(

Scottch
10.01.2006, 01:39 PM
Shrigley Hall is a pukka hotel Scottch, very nice = not cheap! but worth it, pamper the lady etc (Have a look at their website - do a Google :) )

Hollin Hall looks OK, we've driven by it that's all, it's a mile or two from the curry house if that helps, it's a Best Western so you know it'll be OK

Thanks Jon ;)

Shrigley hall is full it seems, so it's looking like Hollin Hall for us.

Not long now!

Lily
10.01.2006, 01:43 PM
Scott and me are having a Jim Beam fest the noo. ;) Was on special at Sainsburys! 10.99 a bottle. Best to get about 4 off :D

was just gonna save all the dodgy unknown stuff at the back of the cupboard for you guys, everyone knows that as longs as it's alcoholic you guys aren't fussy :p

Scottch
10.01.2006, 01:43 PM

And then I got a litre of the stuff for 12 on the ferry home, it was good too while it lasted! :o

Scottch
10.01.2006, 01:44 PM
was just gonna save all the dodgy unknown stuff at the back of the cupboard for you guys, everyone knows that as longs as it's alcoholic you guys aren't fussy :p

Any port in a storm! :p

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 01:46 PM

As log as its wet and got 37.5% plus on the back......I'll tip it down ma neck! :p

Freak
10.01.2006, 01:51 PM
Dont worry that much folks.....Me other half is now coming too. he'll keep us on the straight and narrow (or try to) :(

Hey I haven't got a problem with that kind of thing, but just make sure you don't do it in public, and Bollington is a bit weird like that :)

Anyone know if Martin's coming?

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 01:53 PM
He's humming and hawing the now.

Lily
Tea one sugar please :)

I can do tea :)

however I do hope you will be partaking of somthing slightly stronger through the evening? Given that this lot are now coming you might need it ;)

thinking about that.... i think i should warn the neighbours.....

Spud Raver
I can do tea :)

however I do hope you will be partaking of somthing slightly stronger through the evening? Given that this lot are now coming you might need it ;)

thinking about that.... i think i should warn the neighbours.....

And the polis!

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 01:54 PM
Rooms are booked

Lily
10.01.2006, 01:56 PM
woooohooo!!!

Freak
10.01.2006, 01:57 PM
So what time are you boys hoping to get into town?

AK & CK
10.01.2006, 04:08 PM
Lily - want me to sling a bottle or 2 in??:D (wots your poison?)as it looks like the day at JHP finishes by about 4ish, so we'll be with you about 6/6.30sih.....

Lily
10.01.2006, 04:24 PM
Lily - want me to sling a bottle or 2 in??:D (wots your poison?)as it looks like the day at JHP finishes by about 4ish, so we'll be with you about 6/6.30sih.....

C

I have some wine etc in anyway, but if you have any preferences then go for it. It's more working out what beer i should get as we don't drink the proper stuff so not certain what is cool to have in!!

We get through Corona etc, but there isn't much Stella in the house :D

Spud Raver
10.01.2006, 04:35 PM
So what time are you boys hoping to get into town?

The plan is (which never goes to plan) to be down around 4- 4.30pm. Leaving here around 12 - 1pm. So that gives us a good few hours to get a peev on.

Freak
10.01.2006, 04:35 PM

Crikey we'll have to get a shift on!!! I've got to drop BDG off and his van back at one of his drivers, then back to Lily's... I might not even make the curry myself :eek:

Lily
10.01.2006, 04:39 PM
Crikey we'll have to get a shift on!!! I've got to drop BDG off and his van back at one of his drivers, then back to Lily's... I might not even make the curry myself :eek:

we could always take the van back on Sun??

Freak
10.01.2006, 04:52 PM
we could always take the van back on Sun??

And I could always leave Shaun there..... :p

AK & CK
10.01.2006, 07:31 PM
I dont think he'd like that!!:D :D :D

Freak
11.01.2006, 06:00 PM
QUICK UPDATE

Just spoken to the Viceroy and they can do a set meal for us but I need to know what people think, so if you'd be so kind, this would include

1 Pop
1 Mixed starter
1 Main curry dish and rice
1 Naan between 2

Price 15 per person, I'm guessing we could add a few bits here and there, more Pop's, Naan's etc sounds like a good deal to me to be honest

Spud Raver
11.01.2006, 06:09 PM
Sounds great! And after the starters whats next???? :p

dseered
11.01.2006, 06:19 PM
Sounds good !

Scottch
11.01.2006, 07:23 PM
Sounds good to me, but, me Julie isn't a big fan of curries and I guess she'd prefer something a bit more traditional from the menu.

Would it be OK for her to do her own picking from the menu and keep it separate from the rest?

Freak
11.01.2006, 09:07 PM
Scottch, shouldn't be a problem I was pretty sure some will want English etc, I'll give them a shout and let them know.

Or I could say Scottch the woman out! Who wears the trousers in your Gaff? Tell her she'll eat what she's given and be thankful for it :D

Scottch
11.01.2006, 09:23 PM
Or I could say Scottch the woman out! Who wears the trousers in your Gaff? Tell her she'll eat what she's given and be thankful for it :D

Yep I did tell her that!

But when she came home I thought it best not to repeat it too loud ;)

Freak
11.01.2006, 09:37 PM
I hear ya fella, just agree... us blokes don't like grief ;)

Scottch
12.01.2006, 09:52 AM
Don't like it, but can't help it :p

Scottch
12.01.2006, 09:53 AM
Jon

Do you have a list of who is actually coming? Just wondering what old faces I'm likely to see again.

Cheers!

Freak
12.01.2006, 10:54 AM
List... Hmmmm

I've got a list of people who have said definitely and some who said yes initially etc, as follows, DSC Peeps...

Me+Lily
You+Wifey
Davie+Bird
CK+AK
TP
Pheonix+1
Gary888+1
BDG+Helen
Graham Seward+1 (???)
DCR+1
Mav+Mrs Mav
Gill+Phil
Dibble - If he can get away from his course on time
Joanne Walton (???)
Steve M+Wife
TonyH+Wife
Marian Dean+Adrian Dean (???)

Others

Andy (photographer) + Mate
Mac (Lily's mate)
Ed+Bird (???)

You might know Ed from Jerez last year actually, that makes 36 if everyone shows, one's with question marks are people who said yes, but haven't got back to me since my last email this week

Scottch
12.01.2006, 11:04 AM
Crikey!!

That's a big number mate ;) I know 11 or 12 of them already

Looking forward to it now!

Freak
12.01.2006, 11:21 AM
Crikey!!

That's a big number mate ;) I know 11 or 12 of them already

Looking forward to it now!

I hope they all show, it'll be a good night :D

Scottch
12.01.2006, 11:32 AM
it'll be a good night :D

Didn't doubt it for a moment mate!

Menu looks good too - what's the plan after the meal?

Freak
12.01.2006, 11:47 AM
Well beer I guess...

Bollington did have the highest number of public houses per square mile until recently so plenty to choose from, Macclesfield itself is only a few miles away so depending on what people want (most will probably go home after a few drinks I am guessing) we could go into Macc and club it up.

As Bollington is on the edge of the Cat & Fiddle we could have a run up there on Sunday morning (in the car etc) and grab a coffee etc just so you can have a run up there really, it's nice and picturesque around Bolly if that tickles youre fancy

Scottch
12.01.2006, 11:59 AM
All sounds good to me mate!

We'll need to watch our time on Sunday morning though - we've got dogs at my mums and kids in the kennels to hurry home for ;) But if we surface early enough, a quick nip up the cat & fiddle for a brew sounds champion!

Freak
12.01.2006, 09:38 PM
Another slight update folks (already posted on the DSC)...

We've just been down to the Viceroy and it looks like we've got the tables for the night so no hurry etc, and the curry deal seems to be something like 6 of the most popular dishes, starters will be mixed/various starters and it'll be more like a buffet if that's OK, you can get you're own dishes etc if you don't fancy that, obviously there will be the odd few who'll want English etc so that's not an issue.

Basically they said they'll just keep putting food out until we're stuffed, obviously drinks aren't included

Scottch
12.01.2006, 09:53 PM
Top job fella!!

Lily
12.01.2006, 10:05 PM
I think it's worth pointing out just in case folks don't realise... Bollington is not very cosmopolitan, its a rural village on the edge of the peak district :)

Its got a great curry house and lot sof pubs, but don't go expecting fancy wine bars or anything trendy....

Freak
12.01.2006, 10:07 PM
I think it's worth pointing out just in case folks don't realise... Bollington is not very cosmopolitan, its a rural village on the edge of the peak district :)

Its got a great curry house and lot sof pubs, but don't go expecting fancy wine bars or anything trendy....
Like anyone cares after 10 pints of wife beater :D

dseered
12.01.2006, 10:54 PM
SHOCK HORROR HEADLINE>>>>>>>>>>

40 'BIKERS' invade rural Cheshire Village, bikers from as far afield as Australia invaded Bollington on Saturday night, the village was 'drunk' dry that night and lessons should be learned, the local Curry house ran out of beer and coriander, the pub up the road ran out of beer and the pub further up the road ran out out of change in the till.

A local commented, bloody Ducati rich kids with 20 notes, don't see 'em round here, the pub had to set up a slate to pay me back my change, I'll be back to pick it up aswell, don't you worry !

Sorry can't be arsed to write anymore !

Scottch
13.01.2006, 12:35 AM
Are family tree's basically straight lines then?

Tooth sharing schemes?

What have you got me dragged into this time Davie!!?!? ;)

Lily
13.01.2006, 08:04 AM
Family trees are circular at times ;)

Ian - you don't know how close you could be....lol

Freak
13.01.2006, 10:01 AM
Just make sure you say you're local ;)

Spud Raver
13.01.2006, 03:28 PM
Just make sure you say you're local ;)

One look at Scott and Im sure there will be no doubt about that. Is Leven not twinned with Bollington??? :p

Scottch
13.01.2006, 03:32 PM
And Edinburgh with Basra?

Just think Davie, the hotel room even has a bath - your house doesn't even manage that trick, it would make the cardboard soggy!

Freak
13.01.2006, 03:59 PM
Just make sure you bring a camera guys....

one day to go :D

AK & CK
13.01.2006, 04:03 PM
Just make sure you DONTbring a camera guys....

we dont want those who arent going, to get upset do we? :D

eggzakerley my dear chum:cool:

Freak
13.01.2006, 04:27 PM
Charlotte you seem to be quite protective about being caught on film, you're not a vampire or something are you?

Spud Raver
13.01.2006, 09:16 PM
Not long now.......is the fridge full of beer John, did you get the 4 bottles of JB? We are leaving at 11 am, looking forward to it.

Scottch
13.01.2006, 09:28 PM
JB mmmmmmmmm

Freak
13.01.2006, 10:00 PM
Not my department... that's down to her indoors - Lily or Claire, take your pick eh Scottch :D

I know there's plenty of wife beater in, and she's got loads of spirits lying around, probably some terps or meths for you Davie

Scottch
13.01.2006, 10:02 PM
lol clear as mud Jon! ;)

Have a good day tomorrow mate - don't get too carried away!

alane
13.01.2006, 10:05 PM
Really sorry I can't make it to this first NW winter warmer.
Have a great time peeps and enjoy yourselves.

Gizmo
13.01.2006, 10:06 PM
you stopping off at our place on yir way down then??

Scottch
13.01.2006, 10:08 PM
Yep, we'll pop in Mike ;)

Leaving Edinburgh around 11ish - if you've still got my card, send us yer phone number and I'll give you a buzz when we're nearby.

Cheers!

Lily
13.01.2006, 10:14 PM
I have some small bottles of beer coz i don't do beer, i have wine and then some odds and sods of alcoholic variety that need drinking up.

If you guys want to come round before the curry you are more than welcome to partake of an apertif :D

If you are stopping in to see Michael you could sneak Linzi in with you... although Michael may notice at some point!

borderduc
13.01.2006, 10:25 PM
Have a great Winter Warmer everyone !

Freak
13.01.2006, 10:26 PM
Have a great Winter Warmer everyone !
You could still make it Dave... you could "convince" me to come to Catalunya with you too....:rolleyes:

Scottch
13.01.2006, 10:28 PM
Lily / Claire / Tracey / Cher / Wullie ;)

We'll be delighted to pop in, but won't you have a house full already?

If you've got the room, we'll make the time :D

Lily
13.01.2006, 10:49 PM
It'll be cosy, but then again its cosy with just two of us so you are more than welcome :D

Scottch
13.01.2006, 10:52 PM
:D

Dandy! We'll need an addy though

Scottch
14.01.2006, 08:50 AM
Right guys - we're on our way!

Mike - I'll phone you when we get nearish ;)

Claire - You can get my number from Jon if you want to send us/phone us your address (packed an extra ration of wine just in case)

See you in a bit guys!

Spud Raver
14.01.2006, 11:27 AM
Ready and waiting here for Scott......not long now......get the beers chilled!!;) :D

dseered
14.01.2006, 11:37 AM
What time do I have to be there, anyone know ?

MartinH
14.01.2006, 03:32 PM
Wish I could come! Mmmmm Curry and Beer! Tried to get out of it but am having to cover service tonight so am tied up.