PDA

View Full Version : Mobile style added

miloVanMultistrada
21.04.2011, 09:41 AM
I know a lot of people browse the forum using their phone / tablet / etc. and the current design is quite heavy on graphics and space requirements.

I have added a new style called "Lightweight (Mobile)" that will show the forum using a much simpler presentation. Apart from being quicker to load on your phone this will also reduce the data downloaded, which depending on your package and network, might be restricted.

To select this style, access the forum via your mobile device and use the style chooser at the bottom left of each page to select the Lightweight style.

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/images/custom/choose_lightweight_style.jpg

I have only done some quick testing on my own (Android) phone and with a few desktop browsers, so if you spot any problems let me know here - be sure to mention the device you are using - and I'll see what I can do.

Derek
21.04.2011, 09:54 AM
Works a treat Miles - no more pigs on bikes either :D

239desmo
21.04.2011, 11:33 AM
Made the "mistake" of clicking the button to see the difference and then couldn't find out how to get back to the "normal" style. :o

Found the magic button eventually! :)

miloVanMultistrada
21.04.2011, 11:35 AM
Made the "mistake" of clicking the button to see the difference and then couldn't find out how to get back to the "normal" style. :o

Found the magic button eventually! :)

For anyone else in the same predicament, you need to click the "Desktop mode" button on the top right of the screen to get back to the normal styling.

Or click this link:
http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/forum.php?styleid=68

239desmo
21.04.2011, 11:38 AM
Chances of anyone else being as thick as me are fairly slim!

colz
21.04.2011, 06:32 PM
Chances of anyone else being as thick as me are fairly slim!

i am!!! thats why i aint clicking anything. my sony runs this site really fast as is, so i aint messing with it!

bobsyeruncle
21.04.2011, 08:49 PM
Brilliant! So much faster.