PDA

View Full Version : Sky - set of @@@@s!

Biscuit
04.05.2011, 09:23 PM
Phoned up Sky to downgrade my package a month ago and add a sport channel, after 2 hours and having been cut off once after the first hour and the usual passing from one team to the other, the next guy who came on the phone got both barrels and told him just to cancel the lot immediatley. He asked me why and I told pure and simple so I never have to phone them ever again, he calmley adivsed me it would be best to seek a new line and broadband provider first as it could leave me without for some time while contrcts finish / start etc. Fair comment

So i switched off the sky tv only and skipped the Sky+ box and bought me a new Humax HD Freesat recorder jobby, perfect. Job Done

figured the Sky talk and broadband wasnt that bad a deal as it is unlimited download, till i got my new bill....

A 2.50 per month surcharge for NOT having TV on top of the rental and broadband. Seriously, a charge for not having their product? GTF! I know it's only a couple of quid but FFS!

So, anyone got any recommendations for a good low cost line and broadband packages? not BT as I have morals

Oh and here's (http://mypremium.tv/) a nice wee site for watching Live Sky sports and Euro sports for nowt, yes you can now watch all the MotoGP action even without Sky, makes me feel all warm inside :)

Derek
05.05.2011, 07:32 AM
After my hassles with Tiscali/TalkTalk I switched to Plusnet. They have been no problem, are competitively priced and any queries have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. If you opt to go for them let me know and I can get a discount for recommending you ;)

Biscuit
05.05.2011, 08:19 AM
Cheers Derek, they were top of my list to try along with Tesco but Tesco can't transfer my line fron Sky.

So Plusnet it is, 11.99 a month for a line, free router and free internet for 12months (10gb limit) and Derek I told them you recommended me and they are applying a monthly discount to your bill :thumbs:

Derek
05.05.2011, 09:18 AM
Good stuff Steve. I think you need to tell them my username. I'll PM it to you.

GaryO
05.05.2011, 11:41 AM
Whoa Steve , Better the devil you know ??? Or is it too late ?

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/244.html

Hmmmmmm ;) Not a hope of getting my business !

Biscuit
05.05.2011, 11:56 AM
:ohwell: i just hope there are loads of happy satisfied customers who dont fill out review forms

GaryO
06.05.2011, 07:33 AM
Well moaners will moan :lol2:

Biscuit
06.05.2011, 08:35 AM
Well moaners will moan :lol2:
:thanks4: :whistle:

Rob998
06.05.2011, 05:05 PM
So, anyone got any recommendations for a good low cost line and broadband packages? not BT as I have morals

So Plusnet it is,

You do know who own Plusnet, don't you? :whistle:

Biscuit
06.05.2011, 08:02 PM
You do know who own Plusnet, don't you? :whistle:

well i heard today they are the latest acquisition of Chess :comp2:

mbg
06.05.2011, 11:00 PM
I phoned Sky recently to downgrade my package and ended up speaking to a very nice lady. I got the package I wanted, a 12 month discount and a free Sky+ box, and I got through straight away.:thumbs:

I also phoned BT to remove BT Vision as it didn't work. I've had it for over a year. They sent out an engineer who said my broadband wasn't fast enough, and never had been. I phoned them when the engineer's report was in. Initially they offered me a 3 month refund but after a bit of a discussion I got a full refund and a new phone package which includes broadband at 5.99 a month for a year.:D

They also said I should phone back next year and I would get another deal.

gordj65
10.05.2011, 07:49 PM
I LIKE sky, they let me see moving pictures on the telly. and without them I couldnt see the bbc chanels or itv, because where i live i cant get them without satellite. But does that mean I dont have to pay the BBC TAX, does it feck, I cant get the sh1t they put on but still have to pay well over 100 per annum to pay for that one trick pony, Fecking Graham "im an irish poof" Norton, and not only do they spend that money on the pr1ck being on the telly, they ruin Saturday lunchtime on radio 2 with him and his riveting "im an irish poof" radio show, where he plays the most banal crap or very, very gay show tunes, which being realistic you only enjoy if your a toffee windae licker or a jobby jabber.

and breathe