PDA

View Full Version : How do i remove the exhaust from a 749 ?

Rebel
30.07.2012, 07:31 AM
Soon i will be getting my hands on my re-cored 999 rear box... (a pain in the asre sorting the bill for this, was meant to be a cash in hand job and someone put it thru the books).

Just wondering where all the bolts are, are they under the seat or passenger seat ? Is there any how to... kicking about ? please...

tapoutduke
30.07.2012, 01:15 PM
From what I remember, there is one big 10mm bolt under the rear seat. After this there are two smaller bolts under the foremost part of the riders seat. You have to remove all the seats and rear cowls. You will have to remove the exhaust shield and rear light cabling channel as well as the light assembly itself. There are 4 springs to unclip, which are easy to get off, but a bit fiddly to get back on, I used two big screw drivers from each side. If the box has been cored, just be careful not to tighten all the bolts until the box is seated in place. The upper box cover will have been removed and have been re-fitted slightly off. I had to remove the rubber grommet fitted to the big bolt under the pillion seat! It's not difficult, took me about two hours by myself. Once you get going, it's fairly self explanatory, just take it steady;)

Rebel
30.07.2012, 02:07 PM
Cheers for that... like to have a go incase it doesn't go to plan... :thumbs:

Rebel
05.08.2012, 07:55 PM
Fitted to today took me about 2.5hrs, imagine it would be quicker next time know where to unbolt/rebolt up... What a difference the exhaust note is after it warmed through, can actually hear it now much better than the rattle of my open clutch :thumbs:

tapoutduke
06.08.2012, 07:06 AM
Good one:D

Rebel
19.08.2012, 01:12 PM
A couple of pics of my 999 exhaust, i did have some with the top off...