PDA

View Full Version : SPS Biposto Help

AndySPS
29.06.2006, 10:01 AM
I'm thinking I might like the option of taking a pillion on the SPS . I was thinking of getting a Biposto Rear and having it sprayed as the SPS tail and covering the seat in white leather .

What do you think?
Has this been done before?
Who is best for the spraying ( Id like an exact copy )
Is it just a matter of fitting the Biposto tail cover in place ( lights and connectors accepted) or do I need sub frame modification?

Andy

Biscuit
29.06.2006, 11:51 AM
Dont for definate on the 916 but on the 996 the subframe is alloy on the mono's and wont take the additional weight, also the bips have an uprated shock + the mono subframe wont have the lugs to bolt the pillion pegs to.

rockjock620
17.07.2006, 10:35 PM
steve isn't your 996 the same as mine? Mine is steel frame all the way back to the light unit, has fixings for pillion pegs and the bip works perfectly.

rockjock620
17.07.2006, 10:38 PM
oh no, what a pillock - the SPS we're talking about, sorry, steve is right. mine was made as a bip - doh!

ProjectImola004
17.07.2006, 10:44 PM
buy a ST2/3/4 !!!;)

Ray
18.07.2006, 05:49 PM
Its a reasonably frequent conversion SPS/R model with an ally subframe/mono seat to permanent/occasional BIP steel subframe, BIP seat.

Can't rememebr all the technicalities but have a hunt around and you will find what you need to do and a list of parts that need to be swapped. If it's not on DUN have do a search on the DSC site.

Ray.

m55russ
27.08.2006, 09:36 AM
I did carry out the above conversion. There are two thoughts on this some people relocate the ecu down towards the shock. The other option is to cut the cross bar out of the steel bip sub frame and locate the ecu in a similer position to the existing. This is the option I took as you will be well aware there is little or no room as it is. Just make sure when you mount it you use rubber supports/mounts as per original as the vibration can cause damage to the ecu.
As for the shock and additional weight I talked to a suspension guy and he said that the standard shock is good to carry up to about 14 stone +, you can always add a stronger spring, I did 40 from Harris Performance.