PDA

View Full Version : Cascade Highway - Washington

tonupyank
09.07.2006, 11:47 PM
Hooked up with some riders just south of me for a nice ride yesterday. We ended up totally about 300-330 miles. OUCH, talk about a baboon bottom!!! We had 3 monsters, 2 STs, one 999s, and a '93 750sscr with race kit to 851. The music was incredible.

My friend and I were shown some new roads and it was amazing. Found out there are some really great guys out there and well, look forward to riding more with them. Here are some pictures...........

Washington Pass is the top of the road on Highway 20 between the east side and west side. You can google Winthrop, WA which is typically our stopping point. Also try Marblemount, WA or Diablo Lake.

tonupyank
09.07.2006, 11:55 PM
pictures of the ride.

tonupyank
09.07.2006, 11:57 PM
one last pic before we headed back down. this is probably one of the best roads I've been on.......so far......in my short riding career.

Spud Raver
10.07.2006, 10:21 AM
Now, who over there would sponsor me for my Green card ;)

House swap Tonup? :D

gordj65
10.07.2006, 05:40 PM
Now, who over there would sponsor me for my Green card ;)

House swap Tonup? :D
nobody that knows you ;)

Scottch
10.07.2006, 06:12 PM
That goes without saying Gordon!

ProjectImola004
10.07.2006, 06:40 PM
ayup - the Jocks are at eachother again!!! ;)

foxy
10.07.2006, 10:13 PM
if Iget a bikini from Martin on Sunday could I get a green card and go too? ;)

tonupyank
11.07.2006, 03:30 PM
don't fight there's plenty of room here, I have a spare bed in the house for Sccotch and a shed in the back yard for Davieravie!!! But if Foxy gets a bikini then she gets the spare bed!!!!!

Thanks guys, it was a great ride. I'll keep adding more pics as I ride, it's just hard to stop and click away when the riding is so good. But it's good to tease you all.......

House swap......interesting thought, someone sponsor me for green card and I'll sponsor you....

Spud Raver
11.07.2006, 03:57 PM
don't fight there's plenty of room here, I have a spare bed in the house for Sccotch and a shed in the back yard for Davieravie!!! But if Foxy gets a bikini then she gets the spare bed!!!!!

Thanks guys, it was a great ride. I'll keep adding more pics as I ride, it's just hard to stop and click away when the riding is so good. But it's good to tease you all.......

House swap......interesting thought, someone sponsor me for green card and I'll sponsor you....

The place looks amazing Tonup.......I love the States.
Very nice modern 3 bed semi here in Edinburgh with all mod cons, home cinema system, jacuzzi bath, power shower, patio, garage for bikes!!!

Making you think yet??? ;) ;)

foxy
11.07.2006, 04:54 PM

thnx Tonupyank - it does look totally amazing over there and can't wait to see more pics.
The houseswap is a very interesting idea but I can go one better than the guys here ............. we could always get hitched and have a marriage of convenience........that way we can both come and go as we please from country to country without the need for any green cards. After the initial 10 minute ceremony we never need meet up again either!
:D :D :D :D - perfect marriage eh????

tonupyank
13.07.2006, 05:35 AM
Where have you been all my life?!?!? I like where you head is at on this one, but......they frown on polygomy here in the states. Darn it.

So I guess I'll have to take davieravie up on his offer. Might be out again riding so I'll take some more pictures to tease you. Probably this Sunday as I have to help a friend with his bike, put a new fron tire on mine and probably some house chores.

Yeah, we have it pretty good in these parts. I will probably be heading out with the lower mainland British Columbia RAT pack in two weekends, so I'll have some good pics there.

foxy
13.07.2006, 10:43 AM
Where have you been all my life?!?!? I like where you head is at on this one, but......they frown on polygomy here in the states. Darn it.

So I guess I'll have to take davieravie up on his offer. Might be out again riding so I'll take some more pictures to tease you. Probably this Sunday as I have to help a friend with his bike, put a new fron tire on mine and probably some house chores.

Yeah, we have it pretty good in these parts. I will probably be heading out with the lower mainland British Columbia RAT pack in two weekends, so I'll have some good pics there.

Och well Tonupyank - I tried! ;)
Look forward to seeing the pics anyway and hope you have a great ride on Sunday. Ever considered moving to Utah???:D :D

gordj65
13.07.2006, 12:01 PM
The place looks amazing Tonup.......I love the States.
Very nice modern 3 bed semi here in Edinburgh with all mod cons, home cinema system, jacuzzi bath, power shower, patio, garage for bikes!!!

Making you think yet??? ;) ;)
farting in the bath doesnt count as a jaccuzi. and i notice you didnt mention the gang fights, local shootings and the beatings half to death their davie;)

Spud Raver
13.07.2006, 02:49 PM
Im packing my bag folks as I type........See ya's later........

Off to pastures new, the Land of the Free!!!!! :finger: ;)

tonupyank
13.07.2006, 03:29 PM
UTAH!?!? Why would I ever want to move to.......ooooOOOOHHHHhhhhh, so that we could get hitched 'legally'.......:o

farting in the tub?!? Beatings?!?! Shootings!?! Sounds like the Land of the Free!!!!!

Ok, Davieravie, when should I pick you up???

Spud Raver
13.07.2006, 03:53 PM
Ok, Davieravie, when should I pick you up???

Just as soon as I get this armed robbery charge dropped!! ;)

tonupyank
14.07.2006, 03:43 PM
Just had to toot my own horn, since this is THE only picture I have of me on my lil monster........taken by some of the guys on this ride.

kdblamire
14.07.2006, 04:28 PM
Spot the deliberate mistake? your on the wrong side of the road.;)

Biscuit
14.07.2006, 04:57 PM
Spot the deliberate mistake? your on the wrong side of the road.;)

and hes going the wrong way according to the sign in the background :eek:

Honestly tho, them roads look awful, all the traffic, no views....:scratchhead:

;)

tonupyank
15.07.2006, 12:47 AM
Oh, I know why you're confused, I reversed the picture on accident........;) So I'm actually on the 'right' right side of the road...........

silly boys..............:beer: