PDA

View Full Version : Who are you all

999Ric
17.07.2006, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone ,
Was up at Knockhill with my different 999 in the Ducati Glasgow hospitality tent and had a great time although didn't know anyone , saw a number of DuN tee shirts.
I'm 10miles north of Glasgow and have left a tab at the bar if anyones thirsty.

999Ric

Screwy
17.07.2006, 09:50 PM
How do Ric , I didnt make Knockhill (Wish I had of after reading the thread :( ) but I,m quite sure those that where will make them selves known ;)
Seeing as its such a warm night I,ll have a nice cold peroni ta very much :) :beer:

kdblamire
17.07.2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Ric, you should have made yourself known to us or asked Martin who the DuN mob were,you couldn't miss us realy we were the ones eating everything in sight and talking rubish very loudly,and none of us are backward in coming forward,one litre of ice cold water please i've gone into meltdown mode,cheers:fire::beer::drunk:

Spud Raver
17.07.2006, 10:40 PM
Hello Ric.... you should have said....

Whats so different about your 999??? Does it work? ;)

Glass of Pepto-Bismol please.....double :D

Tam
18.07.2006, 04:53 AM
Hi Rick. I was the one in the neck brace. Shoud've introduced yursel. We don't bite, honest:thumbs:
I'll have a large coffee as i've just woken up. Feckin brace:(

foxy
18.07.2006, 08:09 AM
Morning Ric
I was at Knockhill too and met the guys and girls from Dun for the first time - what a great bunch of people! Spotted Tam in the aforesaid brace and that was the start of the introductions. Had a great day.
I'll have a strong black coffe this morning thnx :thumbs:

Biscuit
18.07.2006, 08:20 AM
Hey Ric, wasn't at Knockhill sadly. welcome aboard mate. I'll have a cold Stella, cheers :beer::thumbs:

Derek
18.07.2006, 08:23 AM
Hi Ric,

I was at Knockhill too but still managed to miss a few of the DuN group, especially the ladies :(.
I was the old "Wursal" with the beard and Panama hat. I would agree that a DuN badge or something might have been a good idea to help recognition.

gordj65
18.07.2006, 09:23 AM
hi ric,say hello next time mate,ill have a cup of tea mate ta ;)

Tam
18.07.2006, 09:35 AM
Morning Ric
I was at Knockhill too and met the guys and girls from Dun for the first time - what a great bunch of people! Spotted Tam in the aforesaid brace and that was the start of the introductions. Had a great day.
I'll have a strong black coffe this morning thnx :thumbs:

Was a bit of a givaway wasn't it. Tried to diguise it with a hat but failed misserably.:D

foxy
18.07.2006, 09:44 AM
Sorry Tam but I was glad you were still wearing it yesterday - else I might have spent a lot longer on my own too! :(

Tam
18.07.2006, 09:49 AM
Sorry Tam but I was glad you were still wearing it yesterday - else I might have spent a lot longer on my own too! :(

Don't think you would have:D Ooops feel another slap comin on:eek:

Tam
18.07.2006, 09:50 AM
Don't think you would have:D Ooops feel another slap comin on:eek:

Anyway how do you know i had it on Monday:D

999Ric
18.07.2006, 05:22 PM
Tam remember the neck brace , thats a devilish trick to ensure instant recognition perhaps all the DuN crew should wear one would that make it any easier. Even noticed the Aspen logo on it.
Don't remember deeing Foxy obviously because she wasn't wearing one.
Must pick one of those up before the next meet !!!!!

Nimue
18.07.2006, 06:53 PM
Oh man Ric, you really should have hunted us down! I was the one in the Ducati bikini top!

I'll have a full fat Coke, it's too hot here.

Cheers, Jan xx

Tam
18.07.2006, 06:54 PM
Tam remember the neck brace , thats a devilish trick to ensure instant recognition perhaps all the DuN crew should wear one would that make it any easier. Even noticed the Aspen logo on it.
Don't remember deeing Foxy obviously because she wasn't wearing one.
Must pick one of those up before the next meet !!!!!

You could have this one in a weeks time but Gordy's got a cunning plan for it.;)

Nimue
18.07.2006, 07:11 PM
You could have this one in a weeks time but Gordy's got a cunning plan for it.;)
Oh do tell

Tam
18.07.2006, 07:15 PM
Oh do tell

He wouldn't say;)

pibbow
18.07.2006, 08:26 PM
Well "Who are we" We are the best dam group of like minded bike owners Know to man kind. That's who we are and a very warm welcome from me :thumbs:

foxy
18.07.2006, 09:12 PM
Anyway how do you know i had it on Monday:D

Bugger - meant Sunday of course. These extra days off don't half mess your week about. Anyway glad you had it on Monday too! :D :D

999Ric
18.07.2006, 10:55 PM
Starting to get the hang of this ticked of Tam , ticked off Jan remember the bikini top , Foxy were you the female who gave me water and a napkin to clean my visor before heading off.

foxy
19.07.2006, 07:59 AM
Nope that wasn't me Ric - actually some very kind gentleman cleaned mine for me as we were leaving so thanx to him whoever he was :thumbs:

nic6196
21.07.2006, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone ,
Was up at Knockhill with my different 999 in the Ducati Glasgow hospitality tent and had a great time although didn't know anyone , saw a number of DuN tee shirts.
I'm 10miles north of Glasgow and have left a tab at the bar if anyones thirsty.

999Ric

Hi ric,
sorry we never got introduced either, i was there too (dark hair, black top , red shorts - not much of a help as nearly everyone was in a similar colour combo). At least this time i did meet a few more dun'rs as normally on the rideouts i'm too chicken to talk to new folk - lies lies i hear you say! introduce yourself next time - i ride a 600ss and am 30 miles south of glasgow, well at least my bike is - i have to live in this mean city for 3more weeks.
see you soon

nic

ProjectImola004
21.07.2006, 06:21 PM
Hi Ric

Nicola is being very coy - she was the stunning brunette there (hope you don't mind Nic :) )

Derek was indeed the Wursal there
Daviewavieravie had his gob full the whole time
Tam was walking around like Frankenstein
Kerrie was the beautiful blond lady at the entrance
Liz & Hayleigh were the beautiful bouncers allowing you in and out of the VIP bit

I was the other stunning one there (Jesus; what I a saying - slip of the tongue) i meant to say - my bike was the stunning one there!! ;)

:D :D :D

ProjectImola004
21.07.2006, 06:23 PM
Did I understand that right Nic - your bike is 30miles away from where you live?
:confused:

bloody long way to trudge in those leathers, especially in this heat ;)

nic6196
21.07.2006, 06:33 PM
indeed - not the most practical solution but i have no garaging for it in glasgow and leaving it to the streets of dennistoun ( well my street anyway) is a fate worse than death. So it lives at my dad's house with his bikes to keep her company

ProjectImola004
21.07.2006, 06:39 PM
Thats fair enough. Didn't realise Glasgow was that rough and that a classy lady like you would frequent such places!!! ;)

Tam
21.07.2006, 06:51 PM
Thats fair enough. Didn't realise Glasgow was that rough and that a classy lady like you would frequent such places!!! ;)

Ur at it again. u need to keep the shower next to ur comp.:D
Denniston Nicky. Lovely area. Full o bams, drugies and a few hard men.
Best u leave yur bike where it is.
I spent my formative years in Croftfoot, sounds nice don't it but then again Castlemilk was across the road.;)

ProjectImola004
21.07.2006, 06:57 PM
...now what have I done?

hey just being sociable!! :o

I'm just all mouth anyway!!! :rolleyes:

Tam
21.07.2006, 07:00 PM
...now what have I done?

hey just being sociable!! :o

I'm just all mouth anyway!!! :rolleyes:

Stop it you'll make me:cry: :finger: :D

999Ric
21.07.2006, 09:14 PM
Nic Dennistoun is just round the corner from my work on the Gallowgate and your right about the area , I park my car in Ayr and walk to work.

Tam
21.07.2006, 10:16 PM
Nic Dennistoun is just round the corner from my work on the Gallowgate and your right about the area , I park my car in Ayr and walk to work.

Kin long walk ric. Think i'd rather catch a train, then a bus.:D

foxy
22.07.2006, 01:01 AM
nic my bike a half a mile from me and I thought that was sooooooooo bad that I'm building a garage for it!!!! (if I don't spend the money on a holiday first that is) I do understand about Denniston though :eek:
Give me PM if you fancy going out for a ride some night :)

gordj65
22.07.2006, 10:11 AM
Hi ric,
sorry we never got introduced either, i was there too (dark hair, black top , red shorts - not much of a help as nearly everyone was in a similar colour combo). At least this time i did meet a few more dun'rs as normally on the rideouts i'm too chicken to talk to new folk - lies lies i hear you say! introduce yourself next time - i ride a 600ss and am 30 miles south of glasgow, well at least my bike is - i have to live in this mean city for 3more weeks.
see you soon

nic
hey nic i notice you didnt mention the dirty feet ;)

999Ric
22.07.2006, 10:32 AM
Nic the penny has just dropped and with a few others I can recollect seeing you at Knockhill if my memory serves me right you were there with another female and standing just behind me at one point at the trackside barrier watching one of the races.

Thats 4 out of 120 I'll recognise next time. Sorry 7 if you include Martin , Martins Ma and Kerrie.

ProjectImola004
22.07.2006, 02:43 PM
nic my bike a half a mile from me and I thought that was sooooooooo bad that I'm building a garage for it!!!! (if I don't spend the money on a holiday first that is) I do understand about Denniston though :eek:

Foxy/Nic, why don't you keep your bikes in your lounges or halls etc. Thats where the Imola stays in the winter (or in one of the guest rooms!) :)

Ric, you never did tell us about your different 999 :confused:

Was it the black one with white stripe across the middle?

999Ric
22.07.2006, 02:51 PM
No it is predominantly red including the frame with a black tank , red/black&white tailpiece , black slash along the bottom of the side fairings, and black decals.

57mm termi system , slipper clutch , hell lines , renthal sprockets , renthal grips , road/race ohlin front forks , power commander.

Think thats all , would post a pic but it keeps saying the file is toooooo big , mmmmmm ??

Steve748
22.07.2006, 03:09 PM
Think thats all , would post a pic but it keeps saying the file is toooooo big , mmmmmm ??[/QUOTE]

I tried to post pics and it says they are too big, i was told you have to use an arty or photo programme thingy to reduce them and then post them. As I don't know feck all about computers and the software I have to email them to Gizmo and he does it!

ProjectImola004
22.07.2006, 03:17 PM
Photoshop!

your bike sounds a little like mine other than the 57mm termi system , slipper clutch , hell lines , road/race ohlin front forks , power commander.

Got Ohlins rears though! ;)

Biscuit
22.07.2006, 05:10 PM
reduce your pics with MS paint, Start/ all programs/ accessories/ paint. (assuming you got a pc). open image then go to Image/ stretch-scew then reduce the horizontal and vert by 5 -10% at a time till its small enough (bout 90k for.jpg) remember to save it with a new file name so you can keep the original full size :thumbs:

999Ric
22.07.2006, 05:25 PM
Steve have e-mailed 3 photos to you and would be indebted to you were you
able to do what you do to them to have them fit on the DuN gallery.
Way above and beyond my computer comprehension am afraid.

239desmo
22.07.2006, 07:28 PM
Ric,

I saw your bike hiding round the corner at Knockhill and was taken with the black tank etc.
Did you paint it yourself?
My immediate thought was that was something Ducati should offer out the box.
Very tasty! :)

Biscuit
22.07.2006, 07:30 PM
Ive just emailed them back, reduced for your VB garage, here they are in the meantime. And very nice it looks too :cool:

Tam
22.07.2006, 08:24 PM
Ive just emailed them back, reduced for your VB garage, here they are in the meantime. And very nice it looks too :cool:

Hey Ric how the feck did u get yoursel in 2 mirrors. Neat trick:D

Steve748
22.07.2006, 08:38 PM
yeah, how did you get yourself in two mirrors with a different hairstyle and different clothes?:eek:

nic6196
22.07.2006, 09:04 PM

will do. hows about monday after work?? weather permitting?

nic6196
22.07.2006, 09:05 PM
Ur at it again. u need to keep the shower next to ur comp.:D
Denniston Nicky. Lovely area. Full o bams, drugies and a few hard men.
Best u leave yur bike where it is.
I spent my formative years in Croftfoot, sounds nice don't it but then again Castlemilk was across the road.;)

you got it all and thats just in my street!!

Tam
22.07.2006, 09:11 PM
Yip. I loved it but i was glad i moved oot and just visit noo, mind u there no any better oot here.;)

999Ric
22.07.2006, 09:44 PM
Desmo Jacksons in Kelty re-painted the bike for me , well everything but the tank which was like that previously , in doing so I also got them to change the silver decals to black. I dreamt up the paint scheme myself in a bad dream.
Not sure if it needs some stickers added.
Steve you a star I could have been here for years trying to master that photo thing , a pint of your choice I fear.

999Ric
22.07.2006, 09:46 PM
Its easy to get yourself in two mirriors at once when you have two heads , oh and for the girls out there I also have three legs.

vic
23.07.2006, 08:52 AM
my god........the man's a tripod !!!!!:D :D

Screwy
23.07.2006, 12:04 PM
3 legs eh ? must make sex difficult , I mean , where do you put the 3rd leg :confused:

:D :D :p

gordj65
24.07.2006, 08:48 AM
Its easy to get yourself in two mirriors at once when you have two heads , oh and for the girls out there I also have three legs.
he`s jake the pake. mind you buying trousers must be difficult:confused:

foxy
24.07.2006, 03:19 PM
will do. hows about monday after work?? weather permitting?
Sorry nic - it's 4.15 on monday and I'm just catching up from the weekend :doh:
I'm going for a run tonight leaving here around 5.45 and you would be more than welcome of course but I guess that's not much good at this late date.
I'll pm you.

foxy
24.07.2006, 03:24 PM
Foxy/Nic, why don't you keep your bikes in your lounges or halls etc. Thats where the Imola stays in the winter (or in one of the guest rooms!) :)

Ric, you never did tell us about your different 999 :confused:

Was it the black one with white stripe across the middle?

Edward it used to live in the front hall or the dining room - reckoned it was far too cold in the garages for it!! Moved house and now it lives outdoors in this weather and at my mates when it rains:rain: :( Not great but working on the options

999Ric
24.07.2006, 11:31 PM
Keep me in mind girls when you are going out for a run , I may just be able to keep up with you , all the big boys leave me behind and by the time I get there the coffee is cold.

I'm fairly local in Lenzie for where-ever

foxy
25.07.2006, 08:48 AM
no probs Ric, and anyone else who wants to come along too. pm me your number

Tam
25.07.2006, 09:02 AM
Plannin a run down the Ayrshire coast on Sun with Foxy and anyone else that wants to go Ric so your welcolme to join in.:thumbs: Think Niall's up for it as well but it all depends on ma brace comin off the mora.;)

rockjock620
25.07.2006, 09:55 AM
leaving 'em outside is no real problem, just use a good cover, nail it well with wall anchors and plumb the Optimate out to it, I run the cable through the wall keeping the main unit inside.

999Ric
25.07.2006, 12:26 PM
Kin Ell started summat ere int I , only popped in to say hello and buy all you guys and gals a drink and look wots appened.

:beer:

nic6196
25.07.2006, 04:17 PM
Plannin a run down the Ayrshire coast on Sun with Foxy and anyone else that wants to go Ric so your welcolme to join in.:thumbs: Think Niall's up for it as well but it all depends on ma brace comin off the mora.;)

fingers crossed for you tam!!!! :D I'm up for a run on sunday - Ayrshire would be perfect - that's where the bike is. Think Davie will be up for it too as he suggested a run on sunday when i spoke to him last night although he was thinkin glen coe perhaps.. anyway we'll get somethin sorted . Could we start a new thread for it though so i can find it when i next log on?

Tam
25.07.2006, 04:20 PM
fingers crossed for you tam!!!! :D I'm up for a run on sunday - Ayrshire would be perfect - that's where the bike is. Think Davie will be up for it too as he suggested a run on sunday when i spoke to him last night although he was thinkin glen coe perhaps.. anyway we'll get somethin sorted . Could we start a new thread for it though so i can find it when i next log on?

I'll post it the mora after i know aboot the brace nicky but i recon Glencoe's oot for me as a first run, think i need to do a small one first to see how it feels, yeah go on call me a wooose;) :D

Spud Raver
25.07.2006, 04:25 PM
Cmon......Glencoe.......dont be such a wuss!!! Ive not been there for ages. :thumbs:

gordj65
25.07.2006, 04:26 PM
a wee run would probably be ideal for you tam just to get started .no point in making it sore while you build up your neck muscles again

Spud Raver
25.07.2006, 04:29 PM
a wee run would probably be ideal for you tam just to get started .no point in making it sore while you build up your neck muscles again

Ive got a big roll of gaffa tape in the van, what about say 3 metres of that wrapped round yer neck then your helmet on??Should give you a bit of support?? :confused:

Tam
25.07.2006, 04:33 PM
Cmon......Glencoe.......dont be such a wuss!!! Ive not been there for ages. :thumbs:

I did funnily enough suggest to Foxy goin as far as Crianlarich, and it's no that much further:scratchhead: :rolleyes:
We'll see;)
I'll know by Sat cause if it's off the mora i'm on the bike for some test runs:D

Spud Raver
25.07.2006, 04:35 PM
OK.....

P.S. See your sig...."comfortable"....not the way you've spelt it. :D

Tam
25.07.2006, 04:35 PM
I did funnily enough suggest to Foxy goin as far as Crianlarich, and it's no that much further:scratchhead: :rolleyes:
We'll see;)
I'll know by Sat cause if it's off the mora i'm on the bike for some test runs:D

But then again wanna make the midge masher so sence must prevail. The coast road it is.:thumbs:

Tam
25.07.2006, 04:37 PM
OK.....

P.S. See your sig...."comfortable"....not the way you've spelt it. :D

Oooopppps. Sorted:o