PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Motorcycle Show Edinburgh 8/3/14

Finchy
08.03.2014, 08:23 PM
Well then it was good to see Ducati right at the front door with a great array of bikes covering their range and very popular with the many visitors. As for the rest of the show, well I enjoyed the chips, coffee plus an offer for me to trade the 749 in for a Nippon rice burner! Eh... No chance neebs - ha ha.:D Met Mike the Bike with the family in tow.

Teeny
08.03.2014, 09:17 PM
i walked in and wore the carpet out between the orange stand and the red stand!!

Brilliant!

but 8 for a cheeseburger and a hot dog.. i was almost lost for words!!!

jdp683
08.03.2014, 09:25 PM
I turned up later due to finally selling my rice burner|!!:) Was looking online for a nice ducati textile jacket as I could try it on there, sorry to say fleeces and t-shirts only:mad:
So got a textile jacket for 1/4 price and tried it on, also got some trousers and a fleece!!
Ducati Glasgow: why don't you come to Glasgow and see our kit? Because I thought it being one of the biggest shows in Scotland you might have brought a whole load of stock with you not just some nice new spangly bikes!!!
Live and learn!!!!
Pity the poor bikers on the Forth road bridge at 45 degrees with the wind today!!!

Andrew H
09.03.2014, 05:13 PM
After you get over paying 5 to park in a field - actually had a good day

- Knox summer gloves 50
- Drool over new Monster 1200S
- Tube of Autosol 3.50
- Caught up with some friendly faces
- Decent Red Torpedo shirt 30
- Thanks to Rab & Robbie for doing a spot of Evan watching while I sat on stuff
- An eyeful on the Kawasaki and MCE stands ;)
- Oh and quite like the new Monster 1200S

RobbieT
09.03.2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah I had a good day out too....
some good polish for my boots and leaathers, some freebies from the police stand, even a good chat with the boys from the honda goldwing club (in the 'classics' hall) for anyone who knowa them from the Lanark show they say 'hiya'. And to top it off a new set of wet weather/textile gear which was started by finding some awesome discounts in the place selling Frank Thomas stuff. Even found a wee present for Teeny ;)

Andrew, Evan and BIG ED
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3190/13040483573_bf9291fc25.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/13040483573/)

Rab & Panigale 1199 dark....he was drooling....
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7343/13040485913_a94ce83f01.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/13040485913/)

Rab on a....oh who cares...
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3091/13040344265_032aa265ab.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/13040344265/)

:thumbs:

cp14bob
09.03.2014, 06:36 PM
Andrew 3.50 for Autosol you were riped off :p 3.00 at another stand :D

what 1200 Monster never saw it :rolleyes:

Half dressed women never seen them either :rolleyes:

didnay see You Rab or Robbie found Jim and Ann Currie doug and Kenny

3.50 for a roll in sausage though :dunno:

bought some good tools cheap ex mod sockets small 50p each

molenz
10.03.2014, 12:08 AM
Yes Rab ,,, :).

Millychristie
10.03.2014, 05:36 AM
I made the journey down from the North in the wind, cold and rain on my bike......and all with a HUGE smile on my face!! Bought some nice goodies and ordered up bespoke leathers to match the Panigale from Scott...Spent way too much, but had a great day...3 hours Sunday evening spent polishing and cleaning to put the bike back to pristine condition...What more could a girl want

Teeny
10.03.2014, 08:21 AM
I made the journey down from the North in the wind, cold and rain on my bike......and all with a HUGE smile on my face!! Bought some nice goodies and ordered up bespoke leathers to match the Panigale from Scott...Spent way too much, but had a great day...3 hours Sunday evening spent polishing and cleaning to put the bike back to pristine condition...What more could a girl want

OOOhh nice!!
I will drop off my baby for you to clean and shine too…. lol… I will supply rolls and sausage though! not for 3.50 or more!!

Lazarus
10.03.2014, 08:28 AM
My feet were aching after walking round all day. Bought a over-done battered sausage, soggy chips and coke for about 7 :eek: As mentioned, the car parking is almost getting near ticket price 5 to park in a muddy field with no security either, FFS!!! :mad:
Having bought a Diavel at last year's show I decided to try and avoid doing similar this year but I did wonder about what sort of PX I would get against the Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster ... then I sat on it and almost gave myself a hernia! I must have a 'narrow fork' as my (horsey) wife observed; my inner thighs ached with the width of the seat and the reach to the bars meant sitting all the way forward. The Diavel is an arm-chair by comparison, so I'll be sticking with it and just might treat myself to some 'bling' instead. Maybe I'll get to add to the 850 miles it's clocked up already ;) ... D'ya know, I might even buy myself a new jumper seeing as I'm yet to get over the grief I got for wearing my nice 'cerise' (okay, pink) one yesterday. It was a present, honest :o

-LaZ-

PS: @Milly - Think I may have clocked you burning around the car park (negative helmet) looking to park the 899 by the fence??

s4 alan
10.03.2014, 08:44 AM
Had a great day out with the kids in tow yesterday, really enjoyed the classic hall and the stalls. I've not been to the show for a few years and its so much better than before - I could easily have spent the best part of a day walking about - next year the kids are staying at home. Never mind the price of burgers though....it was 2.50 for powdered hot chocolate and water (where's the cream and marshmallows Dad?!!)

900triple
10.03.2014, 12:25 PM
Enjoyed the day out - not as good as the early shows but better than the last few. The classics were impressive and I'm guessing that the condition of the bikes and lack of blue on many pipes meant that they were show bikes only? Especially many of the Japanese ones. Stunning none the less.

RobbieT
10.03.2014, 05:34 PM

We thought we saw your bike outside but didnt know if it was defo yours....does the licence plate have a border with the words at the bottom starting 'more fun than.....' by any chance?

RobbieT
10.03.2014, 05:36 PM
Having bought a Diavel at last year's show I decided to try and avoid doing similar this year but I did wonder about what sort of PX I would get against the Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster ...

-LaZ-

don't you bloody dare!!!
;)

RobbieT
10.03.2014, 05:37 PM
PS- watch this space for possible SDC stand at show next year.
;)

Derek
10.03.2014, 06:07 PM
PS- watch this space for possible SDC stand at show next year.
;)
There was an awful shortage of Ducatis in the Classic Hall right enough. I spotted one , a 200 Elite.

bobsyeruncle
10.03.2014, 06:39 PM
There was an awful shortage of Ducatis in the Classic Hall right enough. I spotted one , a 200 Elite.

There was a yellow scrambler as well:)

dexx
10.03.2014, 06:40 PM
i hope you all enjoyed the show.i got a couple of pairs of knox gloves from a nice lady with a very short skirt.very short indeed got an eyefull when she bent over then got caught by the other half,apparently i am a perv.so i had to tell her if they are going to show it i am going to look.it would be rude not to.got to agree with andrew h, that monster is too good to ignore but it would look better in my hall.mm what to do ?

Mike the Bike
10.03.2014, 07:12 PM
Yes, i enjoyed a stroll around on Saturday as well. I haven't been for a couple of years and really enjoyed just wandering around, bumped into a few old pals inc Finchy !
I loved looking at the old classic Japanese stuff, a couple of beautiful CBX1000's, brought back memories !
Thouroughly enjoyed the Ducati stand and even the Honda, Suzuki and Triumph stands. I thought Yamaha was pretty poor though. There is still also a lot of 'tat' stands but i suppose they help pay the costs to have the show.
This could be a bit controversial and i apologise in advance but looking at some of the new Ducati models i thought some of the parts, detailing and finish wasn't the same as Ducati was doing a few years ago.
Looking at the finish on the Panigale 1199 in black there were gaps in the plastic parts which i thought looked a bit iffy on a bike costing as much as it does. Looking at the way the rear lights / number plate etc is attached by that ugly plastic stalk that protrudes from under the bike above the black wheel, i just think they could have thought of a better design that looks a bit more , well in keeping with the rest of the bike.
I know the bike itself is stonking and brilliant but i just think these are small areas that let it down a bit.
I liked the Monster 1200 though and i've never really been a Monster fan but that does look good.

Derek
10.03.2014, 07:21 PM
I too was impressed with the Monster 1200. As I get older and need to find a smaller (less tall), lighter bike that might be the way to.

Martin Ducati Glasgow
11.03.2014, 11:16 AM
I turned up later due to finally selling my rice burner|!!:) Was looking online for a nice ducati textile jacket as I could try it on there, sorry to say fleeces and t-shirts only:mad:
So got a textile jacket for 1/4 price and tried it on, also got some trousers and a fleece!!
Ducati Glasgow: why don't you come to Glasgow and see our kit? Because I thought it being one of the biggest shows in Scotland you might have brought a whole load of stock with you not just some nice new spangly bikes!!!
Live and learn!!!!
Pity the poor bikers on the Forth road bridge at 45 degrees with the wind today!!!

Sorry about that, we've been doing the show now for 12 years among other events we do so have quite extensive experience with doing this kind of thing (approx 26 events per year). We used to go the extent of bringing jackets, suits, helmets and more but they just didn't sell in the quantities required considering the difficulty bringing them and the space they took up on the stand which is obviously very limited after we put the bikes on there. To be frank, we are there to showcase the new bikes and the clothing is just a small taster of what we do. If we were to bring our full clothes selection, it would fill the stand and we would have no room for bikes!!

We have considered having another stand just for clothing but the cost of this, in addition to the cost of the main stand is financially prohibitive. Therefore we take smaller items (in both size, weight and cost) that sell easily and are easy for customers to carry.

We also looked at increasing the size of the stand to cater for more bikes and clothes but the costs are absolutely enormous from every angle, more staff, much bigger stand build costs, more vans to rent, more floor to have laid, more lights to rent - the extensive list goes on. This cost is why some of the bigger manufacturers don't even bother their back side attending!!!! If the costs keep increasing, we will be forced to reconsider whether we attend at all.

The stand we have is about the biggest / best we can reasonably afford. I hope that if you compare it to the others there, you may agree it looked pretty damn good!!!

In future, if you wanted us to bring a specific jacket(s) to the stand for you to try on, we would be happy to do so, it's absolutely no problem, just contact us in advance to arrange it. We do this kind of thing all the time.

Mart

BeePee
11.03.2014, 08:51 PM
what's all this about paying 5 to park in a muddy field then walk to the entrance ?
The park n ride car park was spotless and roughly the same distance to walk on nice hard standing pavements ;)

Millychristie
12.03.2014, 09:06 AM
shame!!

jdp683
12.03.2014, 11:36 AM
Sorry about that, we've been doing the show now for 12 years among other events we do so have quite extensive experience with doing this kind of thing (approx 26 events per year). We used to go the extent of bringing jackets, suits, helmets and more but they just didn't sell in the quantities required considering the difficulty bringing them and the space they took up on the stand which is obviously very limited after we put the bikes on there. To be frank, we are there to showcase the new bikes and the clothing is just a small taster of what we do. If we were to bring our full clothes selection, it would fill the stand and we would have no room for bikes!!

We have considered having another stand just for clothing but the cost of this, in addition to the cost of the main stand is financially prohibitive. Therefore we take smaller items (in both size, weight and cost) that sell easily and are easy for customers to carry.

We also looked at increasing the size of the stand to cater for more bikes and clothes but the costs are absolutely enormous from every angle, more staff, much bigger stand build costs, more vans to rent, more floor to have laid, more lights to rent - the extensive list goes on. This cost is why some of the bigger manufacturers don't even bother their back side attending!!!! If the costs keep increasing, we will be forced to reconsider whether we attend at all.

The stand we have is about the biggest / best we can reasonably afford. I hope that if you compare it to the others there, you may agree it looked pretty damn good!!!

In future, if you wanted us to bring a specific jacket(s) to the stand for you to try on, we would be happy to do so, it's absolutely no problem, just contact us in advance to arrange it. We do this kind of thing all the time.

Mart

HI Martin,
many thanks for the reply. I did buy a nice black ducati fleece off you though! I will bear this in mind if i like something on your website though and let you know before you come through.
Yes you are right it was the best stand there on the day.
How abouts you open a Ducati Dundee or Perth and then it wouldn't be so far for us to travel;)
Cheers John

Millychristie
12.03.2014, 12:44 PM
North.

RobbieT
12.03.2014, 05:07 PM
My slogan is....'Better Than My Rabbit'....What can I say...I have no shame!!

ay yeah sorry...yep thats the bike!!!