PDA

View Full Version : Nurbergring Track day (Private use)

pibbow
22.07.2006, 08:16 PM
I know some of you have issues with DSC but MADMAV Ring trip extrodinare! is in a position to hire the old circuit exclusively for the day next year .He is a top bloke and I feel this is a real one off so I'm in anyone else up for it?

weeian
22.07.2006, 08:18 PM
sounds like a great oportunity pibbow, id love to do the ring but i heard its pretty dangerous ?

/ian

pibbow
22.07.2006, 08:54 PM
Well mate so is riding any place. This will be for ducati's only there will be 100 places the circuit is around 13.5 miles long even if all 100 are out at once it will seem deserted. I have been to the ring many times and the chance to ride it without any cars or other motor vehicals is a once in a life time experiance. There is only the same risks involved at the ring as any other track.The differance is its like the best one way a road you will ever see. Rises and falls 1000 ft, fast sweepers, tight complex bends I could go on all night.

to sum up you will not regret it:thumbs: :thumbs:

kdblamire
22.07.2006, 09:07 PM
Well mate so is riding any place. This will be for ducati's only there will be 100 places the circuit is around 13.5 miles long even if all 100 are out at once it will seem deserted. I have been to the ring many times and the chance to ride it without any cars or other motor vehicals is a once in a life time experiance. There is only the same risks involved at the ring as any other track.The differance is its like the best one way a road you will ever see. Rises and falls 1000 ft, fast sweepers, tight complex bends I could go on all night.

to sum up you will not regret it:thumbs: :thumbs:Whats it going to cost me?

Spud Raver
22.07.2006, 09:12 PM
Mav is a top bloke, Ive met him a few times and even though Ive never been on one of his trips to the Ring, I bet you would be well looked after for the whole time. :thumbs: :thumbs:

I could be up for this one. :D

AndySPS
22.07.2006, 09:21 PM
Ive done the ring and it is dangerous . Most of the danger though comes from the very fast cars that WILL be overtaking you. If I was to do it again it would be at an event like this which would make it much safer and much more enjoyable .

Things to be aware of 1. lots of corners are over a crest so unless you know the circuit it can be a problem to set up for the corner . 2. If you crash its going to cost you a lot of Euro to be removed 3. The ring is viewed as a public road in Germany this means you can be prosecuted were a crash to be down to your dangerous driving ( that doesn't mean going fast , they expect that) .4. The fast cars are peoples own cars , if they decide to blow their coolant/oil then it will be on the road ( again this should be less of a problem at a private event unless someones bike blows ).5. A lap will blow your mind, if its your first time , stop after the first lap as you will be exhausted concentrating .6. Forget run off area and think Armco Barrier. 7. There is a huge fantastic bike shop ( covers all manufacturers) adjacent which has a big workshop, they are very helpful .

I don't want to put anyone off , I did the ring and I'm glad I did , if your going to do it, best to do it on this event or one like it . Sounds like a great opportunity.

Finally:If your going to do it on a trip to Europe best to do it on the return leg :thumbs:

pibbow
22.07.2006, 09:56 PM
Good points Andy.

If you treat the place with respect you will have a fantastic time. It's not a place for bravado or big ego's all that should be left for the stories in the evening after. You can almost pic out the guy's that will come to grief when they turn up and quote lap times they have done on other ciruits. This is some thing else. It took me at least 30 laps before I new which corner was next and many more before you find a line if ever! I'll never find one I'm sure. I have not been since they moved the start finish gate to the main stright but I will not miss this for all the tea in china. You tell all your mate's untill they call you a bore but once they have been it all becomes clear.

Peter

P.S I'm not on commision just feel its a chance not to be missed:thumbs:

Loz
25.07.2006, 05:26 PM
I'm waiting for more info on this trip, but I am really interested. I want to to the 'Ring one day and this looks like a gilt-edged opportunity to do it with riders who care about their bikes and their fellow riders, too.

:)

iconic944ss
28.07.2006, 11:09 AM
I know some of you have issues with DSC but MADMAV Ring trip extrodinare! is in a position to hire the old circuit exclusively for the day next year .He is a top bloke and I feel this is a real one off so I'm in anyone else up for it?
My personal view is that many of the issues members had with the DSC are and will continue to be resolved.

The management team give up HUGE amounts of their unpaid personal time to the benefit of the club and its members - something I didnt really appreciate until quite recently.

Finally, it needs to be pointed out that although I happen to also believe that Mav is a canny bloke - apart from him advertising on the DSC website, there is no commercial affiliation between Mavs Nurburgring trips and the DSC, as I'm sure Keith would be the first to point out.

Cheers - Frank