PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Ducati Week

borderduc
06.08.2006, 02:47 PM
Assuming it's on in 2007 how about....

Truck the bikes down to the north side of the Dolomites somewhere (Austria, S of Germany). Cheap flights from various UpNorth airports to the starting point where we pick up the bikes and ride over the Alps to Bologna or wherever it's to be held. Have a week at WDW. Ride back to where we picked up the bikes and then fly home.

Must be some HGV drivers within DUN who could take the bikes down, all costs paid by the rest of the group for their trouble, plus a friendly Ducati dealer who would let us leave a truck at their premises for a week ?

Just a suggestion..

Martin Ducati Glasgow
06.08.2006, 05:09 PM
I think you could count me and a good number of customers in for this one, sounds like fun!:D

eonan
06.08.2006, 06:52 PM
I think you could count me and a good number of customers in for this one, sounds like fun!:D

Absolutely! Count me in :thumbs:

Nimue
06.08.2006, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I'm up for it!

Neepdocker
06.08.2006, 08:41 PM
I would be up for this David. As I am an HGV driver I would be quite willing to transport the bikes gear etc. Would need to look into the cost of hiring a truck for 10 days or so , as I don't think I could borrow one.

Ranald

borderduc
06.08.2006, 08:46 PM
Sounds like we've got an interesting plan to put together through the long winter nights this year...roll on 2007.

Tam
06.08.2006, 09:10 PM
Cammy and me were talkin about this last week:eek:
I'm a definate but i think he's off to the states, but if the dates are right he might still be up for it.;)

rockjock620
06.08.2006, 09:54 PM
Absolutely! Count me in :thumbs:
so long as there are no stag do's......!

AndySPS
06.08.2006, 10:15 PM
Sounds good too me too . Count me in .

eonan
06.08.2006, 11:27 PM
so long as there are no stag do's......!

Maybe this could be my stag do :idea: That gives me a year to try and find someone who'll marry me...starting in Kiev in a fortnight ;)

Steve748
07.08.2006, 12:39 AM
That gives me a year to try and find someone who'll marry me...starting in Kiev in a fortnight ;)

You will find it easier with a big placard that says:..... xeHN TbC9 Ha MHe R RBnRHOCb OT4 a RHHbIM That is the nearest I can do without a russian keyboard!:thumbs:

Nimue
07.08.2006, 08:46 PM
Isn't our Vic an HGV driver?

vic
07.08.2006, 08:56 PM
yep...i'm a HGV driver...:p

if i go to WDW i'll ride there and back on my 999...:eek:

been to monza,then to st tropez on my GSXR about a 2500 mile trip in 10 days.so WDW wouldn't be a problem.;)

eonan
07.08.2006, 09:34 PM
You will find it easier with a big placard that says:..... xeHN TbC9 Ha MHe R RBnRHOCb OT4 a RHHbIM That is the nearest I can do without a russian keyboard!:thumbs:

Ahhhh...Tie gavareesh pa Rooski? :thumbs:

Steve748
07.08.2006, 09:40 PM
Ahhhh...Tie gavareesh pa Rooski? :thumbs:

Not Quite........Roughly translates as....MARRY ME i'M DESPERATE

Tam
08.08.2006, 12:29 AM
Maybe this could be my stag do :idea: That gives me a year to try and find someone who'll marry me...starting in Kiev in a fortnight ;)

They'll be plenty russian ladies after a jock strap:p ooops ment a strappin jock like you;) :D

foxy
08.08.2006, 09:05 AM
They'll be plenty russian ladies after a jock strap:p ooops ment a strappin jock like you;) :D

Apparently all you have to do is go into a supermarket and smile into her eyes (pick any female you fancy but be careful not to smile at all at the ones you don't :eek: ) and Heyyyy Presto.......... you have proposed:thumbs:
Canny fail Niall ;)

Scottch
08.08.2006, 09:46 AM
And remember to flash your passport!

foxy
08.08.2006, 10:51 AM
And remember to flash your passport!
oh yeah - forgot about the all important UK passport:doh:

Scottch
08.08.2006, 11:19 AM
Better than a platinum amex card over there!

foxy
08.08.2006, 11:34 AM
But the platimun amex card is what you'll need when you bring her back here :watchout:

Scottch
08.08.2006, 11:42 AM
The secret is, apparently, not to bring them back over here in the first place ;)

Or, so I've heard

foxy
08.08.2006, 11:50 AM
ahhaaaa - guess that's where my mate went wrong then and why he has such long face now :D

Scottch
08.08.2006, 12:08 PM
lol - I'm sure he's really happy deep down ..... perhaps?? ;)

foxy
08.08.2006, 12:39 PM
perhaps.......not! :ballchain:

:rofl:

Scottch
08.08.2006, 01:07 PM
Shoulda kept it in his pocket then!

His passport I mean ;)

Paul748
08.08.2006, 01:09 PM
Anyone up for hiring a van (Five bikes), drive it down to Northern Italy, park it up and ride to WDW2007.

foxy
08.08.2006, 02:15 PM
Shoulda kept it in his pocket then!

His passport I mean ;)

yep - think he has realised that now too ;)
:D :D :D

rockjock620
08.08.2006, 03:12 PM
Anyone up for hiring a van (Five bikes), drive it down to Northern Italy, park it up and ride to WDW2007.
could be good, but why miss going over the Alps on the bike. Park in France and have more fun........I know a lot of routes over the top.

Geoff
08.08.2006, 03:19 PM
David,
Very interested in this one.

Geoff

Nimue
08.08.2006, 08:55 PM
Not Quite........MARRY ME i'M DESPERATE
Thought you'd never ask Steve!

nic6196
08.08.2006, 09:05 PM
sounds very very interesting. count me in on this one if i manage to get some semblance of a career this year!

john
27.08.2006, 12:27 AM
I remeber reading an article about 25 years ago about guys taking 250 Ducatis to the Factory. Indeed the Panther club all rode all the way more recently. Have we gone soft?

pibbow
27.08.2006, 11:37 AM
David as dicussed on the Midge masher I up for It 100%

bigchunk
28.08.2006, 11:29 AM
Me and the better half are well up for this too, would preffer to ride all the way but do we have a nice person willing to take a car/van for just the luggage?:confused:

borderduc
28.08.2006, 11:58 AM
Indeed we do. Our very own Ranald (Neepdocker) has volunteered to drive a truck and at least two have said they would be happy to accompany/share the driving. It's something to work on over the cold winter months and maybe put up a proposal at Pibbow's Xmas bash..?.

Steve748
29.08.2006, 11:04 PM
Moto GP is at Misano W/e 1st and 2nd SEPTEMBER 2007. The last WDW was the week before the Misano round of WSB and one of the reasons WDW was cancelled was that when they found out when the Misano round of SBK was it was too late to plan! So now they have a years warning I wonder what are the chances it will be the week before the Moto GP instead of WSB?, Riding to Italy at the end of August should be good as the weather will be still nice and warm in Italy

rockjock620
29.08.2006, 11:09 PM
Moto GP is at Misano W/e 1st and 2nd SEPTEMBER 2007. The last WDW was the week before the Misano round of WSB and one of the reasons WDW was cancelled was that when they found out when the Misano round of SBK was it was too late to plan! So now they have a years warning I wonder what are the chances it will be the week before the Moto GP instead of WSB?, Riding to Italy at the end of August should be good as the weather will be still nice and warm in Italy
eh? you still on medication? :D

Steve748
29.08.2006, 11:10 PM
What part of that do you not understand?:confused:

overipe&keen
30.08.2006, 07:43 AM
Can you add my name to the list of hopefuls (hopeless) ! please David. :thumbs: I had started to plan for this year until the cancellation.

Mr C
01.09.2006, 05:19 PM
If I go i'll be riding all the way

Spud Raver
01.09.2006, 05:40 PM
Easyjet for me!! :thumbs: All the way......

More boozing time.....less hassle :D

Steve748
01.09.2006, 05:53 PM
If you ride all the way expect to do about 4K miles and petrol isn't a lot cheaper than here. There is lots of boozing time on the way over, Last time we stopped in this fab hotel in Switzerland and it was dead cheap because we were the only guests and we knocked the tarif down with a promise we would eat and drink lots :beer: that night. He wasn't disappointed!:thumbs:
It is really good riding over there with no luggage, just have to take enough for an emergency, like the van ends up in a different town to where you are!
Satnav this time will make that less likely:thumbs:

kdblamire
01.09.2006, 08:02 PM
Got a quote off an old acquaintance of mine who owns a van hire company,7.5 tonne van with tail lift 1080 for 9 days all in, we would need separate Europe breakdown cover, ferry costs, and fuel,divided amongst 15 folk I don't think that would be to bad, comments please.

rockjock620
01.09.2006, 09:19 PM
Got a quote off an old acquaintance of mine who owns a van hire company,7.5 tonne van with tail lift 1080 for 9 days all in, we would need separate Europe breakdown cover, ferry costs, and fuel,divided amongst 15 folk I don't think that would be to bad, comments please.
how many bikes does it take? where do we leave/meet it? accommodation and travel for us? pickup in England/Scotland?

ST4s-duc-996
01.09.2006, 09:23 PM
ok 530 miles in a day on the masher, just back (well 4 weeks ago) from a 4500 miles europe trip, europe is no problem, your tyres last about twice as long as they do in the UK, use DFDS ferries from Newcastle 250 return, with a cabin each way, get @@@@ed on the boat and fire through german to kempton/garnish, must say we did have a stop over on the way, a few hours over the passes and that's austria dealt with and your in italy.

why have a fantastic/superb/beautiful/lustfull/great/grunty/pin point/class bike and not ride it, are you mad.

borderduc
01.09.2006, 10:34 PM
The advantage of trucking the bikes down as opposed to riding all the way is ...

cost - I've run up a very rough estimate of what it could cost, assuming we can hire a truck which can take 16 bikes plus luggage. It looks like it could cost 300-350 per person but of course a lot depends on what accommodation people want ie camping or hotel. If you take the ferry and ride all the way and back I reckon it would cost you just under 700.

time - a lot of people struggle to get time off work so flying most of the way saves at least two days leave

avoiding the boring bits - those of you who have been to Europe before will know that there are vast swathes of boring landscape which you have to ride through to get at the juicy bits like the Alps. Just fly over it and be done with it. Then pick up the bike point it at the Dolomites and head for Bologna.

I'd be happy to share my workings on this with anyone seriously interested in going to WDW next year. If we want to go as a group then we need to work out a consensus. There are a few practicality issues such as where the truck pick-up points would need to be , etc.

There's no reason why some shouldn't ride all the way and others take the truck/flight option. Maybe we need to form an UpNorth 2007 WDW Expedition committee ?.

Of course, this all presumes that WDW will take place next year !

kdblamire
02.09.2006, 11:50 AM
how many bikes does it take? where do we leave/meet it? accommodation and travel for us? pickup in England/Scotland?
It would hold 16 bikes plus tents/luggage etc.

flinters
20.10.2006, 07:22 AM
yep...i'm a HGV driver...:p

if i go to WDW i'll ride there and back on my 999...:eek:

been to monza,then to st tropez on my GSXR about a 2500 mile trip in 10 days.so WDW wouldn't be a problem.;)
funnily enough i remember it well

BDG
20.10.2006, 06:19 PM
If i did it i'd prefer to ride, subject to the dates, as i've already got a couple of trips in the pipeline.

If i did go could use my caravan (MartinH can provide pictures:D ) at Port Grimaud, 8 km from St. Tropez, and could organise more caravans if required.

The site is on the beach, good bars and restaurants, same site that the Harley rally was held on the last time it was in France...mm not so sure if thats a reccomendation

foxy
29.12.2006, 10:18 PM
:bump2:

almost a new year and time to start planning......

:)

Neepdocker
29.12.2006, 10:24 PM
:bump2:

almost a new year and time to start planning......

Got to agree. As I don't get to many holidays I need to start making plans very soon.

Who the Feck is going????????;) ;)

foxy
29.12.2006, 10:27 PM
:) me is def going

Scottch
29.12.2006, 10:31 PM
We'll def be going under our own steam!

Neepdocker
29.12.2006, 10:41 PM
There was a thought about hiring a lorry to ship our bikes over there.But in all honesty I cannot see there being enough interest!

I have the option to blag the shot of a 7 seat VW Caravelle TDI with tow bar.This could be an option for the folk that don't wish to ride all the way down.
But we really need to act quite quickly in order to arrange accommodation etc.

Scottch
29.12.2006, 10:48 PM
There was a thought about hiring a lorry to ship our bikes over there.But in all honesty I cannot see there being enough interest!

I have the option to blag the shot of a 7 seat VW Caravelle TDI with tow bar.This could be an option for the folk that don't wish to ride all the way down.
But we really need to act quite quickly in order to arrange accommodation etc.

Ranald,

If you take the Caravelle, then you could borrow my bike trailer, stick it on the back and get a couple of bikes on it if you wanted.

Neepdocker
29.12.2006, 10:53 PM
Ranald,

If you take the Caravelle, then you could borrow my bike trailer, stick it on the back and get a couple of bikes on it if you wanted.

Many thank's Scot.Mulling over the options just now. I think everyone that want's to make the trip really needs to start making plans NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Scottch
29.12.2006, 11:00 PM
Couldn't agree more mate.

Just waiting to see if Ducati are going to have some accomodation options of their own.

Am I the only one who has an issue with the date only being mentioned in Minoli's blog? Does it seem a bit ..... ropey? I would have expected the factory to have created a web page for WDW in its own right :dunno:

Neepdocker
29.12.2006, 11:06 PM
Scott, Thought I saw official dates 28th june to 1st july on ducati.com

Maybe i'm wrong?

Scottch
29.12.2006, 11:11 PM
Wooops!

Beg your pardon mate - the last time I checked it was only mentioned in Minoli's blog, and now it does indeed have its own web page.

kdblamire
30.12.2006, 01:02 PM
Just in case you don't know BSB Knockhill is that weekend, decisions,decisions

Steve748
30.12.2006, 03:15 PM
Most of us that went 2004 were camping which can be done in as much comfort as you like if a truck is taking the stuff! Wendy & I were in a hotel which ended up costing me about 700 for the week. It was quite a posh one, I think it was called the Atlantic (http://www.atlanticriviera.com/ing/presentazioneing.html)but I would have preferred to camp!

supaside
30.12.2006, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a good holiday.
Who's driving the spares truck ;-)

Neepdocker
05.01.2007, 09:34 PM
There seems to be YERY little commitment!!!!!! SO far Foxy, Scottch and I would appear to be going.
Come on chaps is anybody else willing to make any commitment?

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!!!!!!

PaulV
05.01.2007, 09:50 PM
can I be allowed to give a very tentative possible as an answer.... I need to know exact dates and possible costs before I can commit, but it does sound a bit of an adventure....

Neepdocker
05.01.2007, 10:03 PM
can I be allowed to give a very tentative possible as an answer.... I need to know exact dates and possible costs before I can commit, but it does sound a bit of an adventure....

I think the dates are 28th june > 1st July. Suppose the cost is really up to the individual.
Come on Paul you know you really want/need to go!!!!!!!!

pibbow
07.01.2007, 10:20 PM
Ranald I,m comming mate. Just don,t drink too much on the mountain passes

PaulV
08.01.2007, 11:51 AM
I think the dates are 28th june > 1st July. Suppose the cost is really up to the individual.
Come on Paul you know you really want/need to go!!!!!!!!

wanting and needing to go doesn't always match the ability to pay for it... or persuade the boss to allow me the time off.....:(

Scottch
08.01.2007, 12:06 PM

He wouldn't dare!

He might spill it :D

Tam
10.01.2007, 11:56 AM
well it's the new year and i ain't had a holiday for over one so count me in.
Might have some accomodation for us in a villa but it's a bit away, i'll have a chat with cammy and post the price etc asap.

borderduc
10.01.2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry to have been incommunicado on this, especially since I started the thread a while ago, but I've been laid low with the flu for the last week or so.

Unfortunately, I can't go due to a clash of dates so I'm afraid I'll have to put it off for this year !!. I'd love to go but I just can't make it.

If I can be of any help with planning the trip or costing it out I'd be happy to help.

Scottch
10.01.2007, 12:34 PM
Clash of dates???

Get a grip man!!

I'm sure it's just the flu talking and normal service will be resumed shortly ;)

samieb
10.01.2007, 03:58 PM
Hi All

Just a thought Ducati Leeds are trying to organise a trip over to WDW it maybe worth having a word with them (Jane in Service) to see if a possible tie up can be arranged or not?? Alternatively they might have a few details that could be handy. I know I want to go and shipping the bikes over there and collecting them will be easier than riding them across..

www.ducatileeds.co.uk for info...

Steve748
10.01.2007, 11:20 PM
Riding to Italy was one of the best parts of the trip.............riding back on my own wasn't that good tho :eek:

weeian
10.01.2007, 11:45 PM
Clash of dates???

Get a grip man!!

I'm sure it's just the flu talking and normal service will be resumed shortly ;)

well said.

is this the mighty DB talking or his wife ???????

ill just ignore that post by DB along with you Scott.

/ian

weeian
10.01.2007, 11:46 PM
There seems to be YERY little commitment!!!!!! SO far Foxy, Scottch and I would appear to be going.
Come on chaps is anybody else willing to make any commitment?

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!!!!!!

im still thinking about it Ranald.

/ian

borderduc
11.01.2007, 06:11 PM
well said.

is this the mighty DB talking or his wife ???????

ill just ignore that post by DB along with you Scott.

/ian

Very funny !

weeian
11.01.2007, 09:19 PM
honestly, you had better be joking, you going AWOL on us DB??????????? :D

/ian

Neepdocker
12.01.2007, 10:02 PM

Great, I think I may stay of the drink.:flypig:

Neepdocker
12.01.2007, 10:07 PM
Sorry to have been incommunicado on this, especially since I started the thread a while ago, but I've been laid low with the flu for the last week or so.

Unfortunately, I can't go due to a clash of dates so I'm afraid I'll have to put it off for this year !!. I'd love to go but I just can't make it.

If I can be of any help with planning the trip or costing it out I'd be happy to help.

Sorry to here you had "that" flu bug. hope you're feeling better. Even more sorry to here you can't make it.Never mind there's alway's another year.

Ranald

Scottch
12.01.2007, 10:32 PM
Howzabout we add our names on the calendar item so we can record everyone that's intending to go, then we can plan a route/itinerary etc.. for the long drive down.

Tam
14.01.2007, 01:53 PM
Howzabout we add our names on the calendar item so we can record everyone that's intending to go, then we can plan a route/itinerary etc.. for the long drive down.

good idea scotty boy. Got all the info on the villa,it's in Tuscany,1,000 euro's for the week,takes a maximum of 6 people,works out at just over 100quid each. If any of you fancy it here's the web page as i'm crap at addin things :o :o . www.canalecchia.com

Scottch
14.01.2007, 02:53 PM
Tam,

That villa looks fantastic mate!

Check the map though, I make it to be around 160 miles from Misano?

Tam
14.01.2007, 04:26 PM
Tam,

That villa looks fantastic mate!

Check the map though, I make it to be around 160 miles from Misano?

I know mate,it's bloody lovely but it's just a bit tooooooooooo far away. It's an option but i think we need summit a bit closer or we'de need a stop over inbetween. I'm keepin it in mind for a wee holiday though ;) :D

Nimue
14.01.2007, 08:23 PM
Shame about that Tam. I'm still up for this though, as long as I can get time off

Nimue
20.01.2007, 02:01 PM
Any updates on this one regarding dates/route/accomm?

Scottch, if you're taking the van could you find room for tents? Would ease the pressure of finding somewhere to stay. Hmmmm, how much of our gear could you take....?

Scottch
20.01.2007, 02:25 PM
Jan,

We're taking in WDW as part of our annual holidays this year, and planning to be away for just over a fortnight.

As much as I'd like to help, I really can't on this occasion.

I've already offered my bike trailer to Ranald, if he puts 2 bikes on it, there should be space available in the centre for some gear.

Neepdocker
20.01.2007, 03:11 PM
Any updates on this one regarding dates/route/accomm?

Jan, I was thinking about camping as this would keep costs down.As Scott said he has offered the use of his bike trailer and I can most likely blag the use of a VW Caravelle which would have plenty of room to carry tents etc.

Anyone else that does'nt want to ride down could come in the car with me.The only problem being there 's only room for one other bike.

Ranald.

foxy
20.01.2007, 04:24 PM
Only four of us so far so lots of options open. I'm up for camping but may do a night of hotel/bnb too for variety (and a soft bed and good wash :D )

As for the trailer/bikes n gear etc lets get sorted .......

Come on the rest of you guys n girls - you know you want to go to WDW :cool:

Scottch
20.01.2007, 06:49 PM
Only four of us so far so lots of options open. I'm up for camping but may do a night of hotel/bnb too for variety (and a soft bed and good wash :D )

I'd expect there to be decent camping facilities Lyn, so you should be able to get a good wash daily without any trouble.

As for the soft bed, you could try and get a decent air mattress :thumbs:

Steve748
20.01.2007, 08:40 PM
There is a campsite walking distance to the beach but riding distance to the circuit. It has big washing & toilet blocks so where ever you put the tent you are not too far away from one. You will get to stay in a couple of hotels on the way there and back again.

foxy
21.01.2007, 04:30 PM
I'd expect there to be decent camping facilities Lyn, so you should be able to get a good wash daily without any trouble.

As for the soft bed, you could try and get a decent air mattress :thumbs:

cheers for that Scott and Steve. My most recent camping "adventures" have been T in the Park every year :eek: .... sales of Dove deo-wipes and Wet-ones rocketed in Scotland :D :D :D

It was and always is absolutley fantastic though :thumbs: anyone on here going this year???

Steve748
21.01.2007, 06:43 PM
I have had a few PM's asking me about my experience of WDW2004 so here goes!
I went as part of a goup from the DOC trip that Gary Brook planned and I packed the luggage for the week and took it to Garys house the night before we left. I then packed a tank bag and rode down to Dover where we met up.

First problem was that Graham the driver of the van had a passport that had expired and after a lot of persuasion we were able to leave Dover and we caught the ferry to Dunquerque. This was chosen because Mick Knight used it a lot lorry driving and found it was the best for bikes as well. We then set off and headed for Nancy and stayed there the first night at one of the cheap lorry drivers hotels. You got a room and shared a shower and loo and it was excellent VFM.

The following morning Gary took his 851 out of the back of the van and put a new chain & sprocket on a 748 belonging to Carlo. We had to go different routes to the van because you have to show your passport entering & leaving Switzerland.
We decided to go over the Julier pass and started climbing higher and higher till soon we were riding with snow banked up both sides of the road :eek: . At the top we were relieved to find a cafe so we parked up and the only other vehicle was a 304 GTB driven by an English man who wanted to take a photo of it with all the Ducatis alongside! We all had summer riding gear on because it was in the high 70's when we set off as it was the end of May so we were all a bit on the cold side. The van went over the Brenner pass so it didn't have to go through Switzerland.
More info on www.alpineroads.com about every route through the alps. At the border of Switzerland they just waved us through which was a good job as I had my pasport in my tankbag. My tankbag was in the van but we would meet up with it later.

Early on in the trip we had decided to split up into two groups being a fast one and a slow one. This was because one of our party refused to ride faster than the speed limit. We were riding through Switzerland and it was getting late and we headed into this small town and as we came down the hill there were a group of Ducatis in the square. As we got closer we realised it was the slower group!

There were a couple of hotels but only one was open so after a bit of bargaining by me with the owner we filled a few rooms of an otherwise empty hotel. It always pays to haggle! We didn't meet the van because we were still in Switzerland so when we got to the border I hadn't got my passport and as luck wouldn't have it the guards stopped us to look at our passports and our Ducatis. When he had four passports and counted five bikes I had some explaining to do and after giving me a real hard time in refusing me to leave he suddenly said that 'it was my lucky day' as he rode bikes himself and he took pity on me and said we could all go! Phew! When we went to fill up my credit card got refused and when I later found out at home they had noticed an unusual spending pattern so had suspended it. I don't use that card anymore but maybe I should have told them my plans but it has never happened before.

I went off to Venice airport to pick up my partner who flew in from Leeds Bradford and then down the motorway at 100+mph with dark visor cos my clear one was in the van and the last time I saw that was in Nancy. It still took us about 3 hours to get to Rimini from Marco Polo :eek:
We were staying in the HOTEL ATLANTIC (http://www.atlanticriviera.com/)which is very posh but they were doing a special reduced rate for WDW and the hotel was by no means full. Charlie was staying in another hotel round the corner which was also quiet and the rest were camping in a site within walking distance of the beach and eateries.
It was quite good with plenty of shower blocks and loos. The pitches were ok and the site was by no means full either. Misano circuit was a short ride away but there was no point in going without the bike. Graham had a Darmah that he had failed to get going after a restoration so out of the van and over to the Ducati mechanics to have a look at. There was a bike wash staffed by extremely gorgeous girls, an aircooled meditation dome, a stage for evenings entertainment, a shop piled high with all the stuff a lot cheaper than normal and of course the Misano Race circuit.

Everybody had to sign on and give in your pre-purchased lower priced tickets (tho you could pay on the day for however many days you wanted to go for) and in return you got a wristband a card and a bike band. When you entered or left the three had to match up or you were f*cked. The security was faultless. Also the card intitled you to a goody bag a t-shirt and three sessions round the track. Misano track is an anti-clockwise track so if you prefer right bends to left ones take it steady to start with! There was a DOC UK tent for you to leave your stuff in whilst it wasn't secure there were always plenty of people around and as far as I know nothing walked. There are loads ofother Marquees from the other countries too.

As well as all that there were rideouts planned tho the Ducati riders rode like feck and an unlucky German came off trying to keep up with them! I completely lost them because it's hard work on a 748 with pillion so we spent the day at San Marino instead and found the bendiest bit of dual carriageway ever! Also we went to Rimini for the day which has some of the loveliest clothes shops and the priciest too!
I dropped my partner at Marco Polo 8pm on Friday and got back to Harrogate 11pm Sunday. I rode over 800 miles on Sunday leaving Germany at 9am (not bad for a slug) and over the whole trip I rode about 4000 miles :eek: Now do you still want to ride there and back? I tell you I would prefer to ride on the bike than in a car van or fly

Tam
21.01.2007, 07:08 PM
great info Steve.
The plannin starts noo folks and any help regards routes,spares,etc will be gratefully recieved. See all you fellow travellers at the weekend for the first meeting and small drinky or two.
Haggis pakora's on the menu, mmmmmmmmmm.
Cheers to Lynn for the starting push and the couch is mine ;) :D
Hope the 900's gonna tackle the moisture. :eek:

Steve748
21.01.2007, 07:35 PM
This is Graham on his Darmah after the Ducati mechanics had worked their magic and the other is in the Swiss town where we stopped for the night.
Charlees T8, my 748, Gaz 851, T9 and Carlos 748

foxy
21.01.2007, 07:49 PM
yep - it's starting to rumble!!!

probably meet up in Ducati Glasgow around lunchtime - then out for a curry and a bit of a blether later on if any prospective WDW'ers fancy it. Bring a sleeping back and get some practice in :D :D :D

Nimue
21.01.2007, 07:56 PM
What time's lunchtime then Lynn?

See you wherever...

foxy
21.01.2007, 08:01 PM
Tam reckons 1ish in Glasgow if it suits??

Tam
22.01.2007, 05:41 PM
yep - it's starting to rumble!!!

probably meet up in Ducati Glasgow around lunchtime - then out for a curry and a bit of a blether later on if any prospective WDW'ers fancy it. Bring a sleeping back and get some practice in :D :D :D

what's a sleepin back,do you wear it and hang off a wall,and is that what the practice is for :dunno: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

foxy
23.01.2007, 09:42 AM
ha bloomin' ha Tam ..... the vino rouge had kicked in obviously - meant to be sleeping B A G !!!
Anyway - you don't need to bother ...........

You're in the S H E D so you'll need a lot more that just a sleeping bag!!!!!

nic6196
23.01.2007, 02:48 PM
Tam reckons 1ish in Glasgow if it suits??

is this the plan for this saturday?? i'm lost??

PaulV
23.01.2007, 03:30 PM
Dependant on work commitments, I might make an appearance for this, seen as I have said that WDW is a possibility. 1ish at Duc Glasgow seems to be the agreement so see you all there..

Tam
23.01.2007, 04:13 PM
is this the plan for this saturday?? i'm lost??

did yur brain follow yur tonsils :p :D . your due that for the other post nic ;)
Plan is meet at Duc Glesga about 1ish if that suits everybody,badger Martin about spares and advertising for the shop on the bikes ;) , have a natter,then doon to Lynn's fur a curry and a wee bevvy,followed by mass invasion of her livin room and extension,no dirty comments to that one please.
Sleeping bag if you've got one and a big furry coat fur me in the shed.
Hope you make it Paul,be nice to outnumber the girls :thumbs:

PaulV
23.01.2007, 04:17 PM
I am on call mate so no bevvying for me:( :( . Anyone needing a taxi, I might be able to help....

oh, PaulaX is deff not coming out to play....:o

foxy
23.01.2007, 04:52 PM
oh, PaulaX is deff not coming out to play....:o[/QUOTE]

uh oh :rolleyes: ...... best lock up my drawers just in case :gay: ;)

Tam
23.01.2007, 05:04 PM
Right folks here we go. Rosyth to zeebruge, return fare 175 quid for the bike and a reclining seat.
The travellings a bummer though.
Leaves at 1700hrs and arrives at 1200 hrs the next day.
If we're planning on a 3 day trip down we'de have to leave on the 23rd June/arrive 24th to get to Missano by the 27th.
Alternative is leave on the 26th/arrive 27th,Missano on the 30th with only 2 days at the event.
Coming back it's either the 2nd of July or the 4th July. Leaves Zeebruge 1800/ arrives 1100 next day.
Looks like we've got a bit of thinking to do if we use this route. :confused: :D

Scottch
23.01.2007, 05:24 PM
That's a good price Tam - shame it's a @@@@e service though.

Tried DFDS from Newcastle? Nutt travel do discounts on the service.

Much better in my opinion, me and Davie used it for Assen last year - 120 return each and that included a 2 berth cabin. The security team is very efficient too eh Davie ;)

I guess we'll get a better chance to sort out some kind of plan on Saturday!

blu.beaver
23.01.2007, 06:31 PM
Tam did you phone Rosyth for the prices ....

The on line booking form does not give you the option for a free bike if you book before 31st March..if you haven't already phoned them phone and see...

0870 234 0870

I had phoned them last week, albeit travelling in March.... 70 return...

Andy m

Spud Raver
23.01.2007, 07:12 PM
The security team is very efficient too eh Davie ;)

!

Pretty efficient........

And pretty gorgeous as well!!!!! :thumbs:

Nimue
23.01.2007, 07:30 PM
Newcastle is good for me! I have 3 spare beds and a sofabed too.....

nic6196
26.01.2007, 01:16 PM
hey , ive emailed nutt and are justwaiting on a quote coming through from them. Will hopefulyy get it before tomorrow.

Scottch
26.01.2007, 01:50 PM
I mailed nutt a few days ago too, they're not usually this slow

foxy
26.01.2007, 02:28 PM
me three - emailed at the start of the week and then again on wednesday :(

nic6196
26.01.2007, 03:36 PM
ill try phoning them when i finish work then. heres hoping :confused:

999Ric
27.01.2007, 11:52 AM
The reclining seats are hard work chaps , did Assen a couple of years ago and when eventually we did want some kip the seats were a nightmare. Most of the guys laid out on the bench seating in the lounges once the evenings entertainment had packed up.

Steve748
27.01.2007, 03:34 PM
I did Harwich to Hamburg and shared a cabin, they have four bunks and you will be glad of it because you also have somewhere safe to put all your gear:)

Scottch
27.01.2007, 10:45 PM
Great to see you guys tonight!!!

Lyn, you're a star mate :thumbs: thanks for all the organising and of course the fab hospitality!!

foxy
28.01.2007, 04:41 PM
No worries Scott - anytime. Pity you n Mejoolee had to depart early :(

Feeling very "tired" today and think there were 1 or 2 ( 4 or 5!! ) sore heads this morning..... :drunk:

WDW seems real now that we've all got together and talked about it.....very, very excited :D :D

Nimue
28.01.2007, 05:31 PM
Sore head? Not me! (a bit on the tired side though)

Yeah, thanks for a great evening Lynn, that Indian meal was superb and the tour of Strathaven pubs......

Hope everyone got home ok

Tam
28.01.2007, 06:29 PM
sore heid,bit :o and a new job as a bouncer in Strathaven.
Top night Lynn and the haggis pakora was worth waiting for.
Thanks for the use of the couch and the cute snuffly noises in the corner :D
I'll be round with my glass polish kit as soon as i remove it from work ;) :D
Great to see everyone again and the plannin of the italian jobs well under way.
Maybe we should have a monthly meeting to see how we're progressing at different venues :drunk: :D

Neepdocker
28.01.2007, 07:04 PM
Lynn,many thank's for you're hospitality.Joanna and I really enjoyed ourselves.

WDW now seem's to be well and truly on the roll!!!

Ranald:)

foxy
29.01.2007, 09:45 AM
Tam I think these are the cute snuffly noises you were talking about...... :D

Had a great time too - glad everyone enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one

PaulV
29.01.2007, 03:21 PM
As the only person who was sober at 5am, I can vouch that everyone did have a great time. Thanks to Lynn for the hospitality:) , Davie for the snoring:eek: , Tam for the coffee table gymnastics:o , Jan for the Tarot card reading:) , Joanna for keeping Ranald on a leash:rolleyes: and yet again for Martin at DG for his coffee. Roll on March..

Spud Raver
30.01.2007, 06:22 PM
Ok....I cant stand missing out while everyone has a good time over in Italy and i'll be twidling my thumbs watching Wimbeldon or whatever pish is on the TV.....so heres what im thinking and its just at the thinking stage for now.

I might take the van so as you lot dont have the hassle of carrying all your gear and acting as a support vehicle. Im thinking of putting my bike in the back of the van and taking it with me but im sure we can get most stuff in there if i do. Ive got the ladder rack so we can chuck bags on the top and cover them if necessary with a waterproof thingy.

Someone needs to price up the ferry cost for my van while youre doing the bikes as well. Its a Transit Connect which should be the same as a car but they might do it as a commercial....I dont know. FFS...dont mention the bike in the back, Im sure the bags will hide it....they dont need to know that. :D

Tam
30.01.2007, 06:38 PM
Ok....I cant stand missing out while everyone has a good time over in Italy and i'll be twidling my thumbs watching Wimbeldon or whatever pish is on the TV.....so heres what im thinking and its just at the thinking stage for now.

I might take the van so as you lot dont have the hassle of carrying all your gear and acting as a support vehicle. Im thinking of putting my bike in the back of the van and taking it with me but im sure we can get most stuff in there if i do. Ive got the ladder rack so we can chuck bags on the top and cover them if necessary with a waterproof thingy.

Someone needs to price up the ferry cost for my van while youre doing the bikes as well. Its a Transit Connect which should be the same as a car but they might do it as a commercial....I dont know. FFS...dont mention the bike in the back, Im sure the bags will hide it....they dont need to know that. :D

So you've cracked pal,knew you wouldn't be able to turn it doon eventually ;) :D
That'll be great if you do it Davie and a life saver for us for all the gear it looks like we'll need.
Mean's i've got a smokin partner as well ;)
Yur a star pal for the offer,now get yur name doon on the calander for inglston and we'll see you at the next meetin :thumbs:

Spud Raver
30.01.2007, 06:55 PM
I know how much hassle it is getting your gear off and on while youre trying to enjoy yourself. Tents, sleeping bags etc all have to be removed and taken to your cabin if you value your bed while youre over there :) Hangovers too can slow things up and make it a pain.....;)

Whoever is doing the ferry bookings, (coz I aint been really following the threads) price up the van too please. Its not "lettered" so shouldnt really count as a commercial........;) ;) ;)

Scottch
30.01.2007, 07:28 PM
Mind Davie, nae later than 3 or 4 eh ;)

Spud Raver
30.01.2007, 07:33 PM
Mind Davie, nae later than 3 or 4 eh ;)

I think Security decide when the party is over.........;)

Scottch
30.01.2007, 07:34 PM
They do in your case mate.

"You need to keep @@@@ing eye on him" said the gorgeous wee blonde security supervisor

foxy
30.01.2007, 08:49 PM
weyyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyyyyyy ...............He's coming with us and not with Ryanair:D :D Good on ya Davie:thumbs:

(Guys n girls don't worry - I know where we can get some totally guaranteed snoreproof earplugs so I'll order in a few sets ;) )

Davie - I'll try to call tomorrow to get prices for the ferry for you....and the Norton lunch is on me:)

Spud Raver
30.01.2007, 08:55 PM
weyyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyyyyyy ...............He's coming with us and not with Ryanair:D :D Good on ya Davie:thumbs:

(Guys n girls don't worry - I know where we can get some totally guaranteed snoreproof earplugs so I'll order in a few sets ;) )

Davie - I'll try to call tomorrow to get prices for the ferry for you....and the Norton lunch is on me:)

Can I make a point......should just one person organise the ferry bookings, someone sensible...we'll end up with half the deck space, 30 beds and a 3000 bill!!!

Steve748
30.01.2007, 09:34 PM

Putting a bike or two in the back of the van won't matter or be a problem to anyone Davie, just tell your insurance you are going abroad!

foxy
01.02.2007, 01:23 PM
Can I make a point......should just one person organise the ferry bookings, someone sensible...we'll end up with half the deck space, 30 beds and a 3000 bill!!!

yep - Nic is on the case with Nutt Travel :)

thanx Nic :thumbs:

Spud Raver
01.02.2007, 09:37 PM
yep - Nic is on the case with Nutt Travel :)

thanx Nic :thumbs:

OK..thats that sorted.....now.....who's sorting out the gaff?? Apartments, villa, tents, Woolworths doorway????????

dseered
01.02.2007, 10:08 PM
Will the T9 fit in your van Davie, I thought the Connect was quite stumpy ?

Spud Raver
01.02.2007, 10:46 PM
Will the T9 fit in your van Davie, I thought the Connect was quite stumpy ?

The plan is to hire a van or pinch Scotts trailer after he sets off on his European jaunt....;) ;)

dseered
01.02.2007, 10:56 PM
The plan is to hire a van or pinch Scotts trailer after he sets off on his European jaunt....;) ;)

I don't know if its true and I can't remember where I read it, if you get a van with windows, or side window it is classed as a camper opposed to a van and is cheaper on the ferry, I may have that the wrong way round or it could be complete bollocks !

Spud Raver
01.02.2007, 11:03 PM
I don't know if its true and I can't remember where I read it, if you get a van with windows, or side window it is classed as a camper opposed to a van and is cheaper on the ferry, I may have that the wrong way round or it could be complete bollocks !

I'll get CR Smith round the day before we set off and get some double glazing put in! ;)

Steve748
04.02.2007, 06:14 PM
THIS (http://www.coldebussang.com/en/frame-presentation.htm)looks like a place to stay at if possible on the way

PaulV
04.02.2007, 06:21 PM
I was speaking to Davie today and the topic of accomadation at Misano came up.

Have we decided on the apartments or is it still up for discussion?:confused: :confused:

I think a definate yes or no is needed..... Ranald you posted the link, do you know much about prices???

Sorry if I seem to be passing the buck a bit.... not sure who is doing what and if I am supposed to be doing anything:dunno: :dunno:

Steve748
04.02.2007, 06:53 PM
I read on the DOC email list that hotel rooms in Rimini were in short supply but not sure if this because Ducati have booked rooms or the other events on at the same time have taken lots of rooms. Go for camping it's much more social

winston
05.02.2007, 05:16 PM
I've been on the Web and there isn't a lot left in Rimini. I might be camping yet.

Steve748
10.02.2007, 02:35 PM
This was a little cafe at the top of the St, Julier pass where we stopped to warm up. Sea level the temp was in the high 70's
The first Duc is Gary Brooks and the 2nd mine! I woz there! The Ferrari belong to an English guy who was taking the same picture, He moved his car to get it :rolleyes:

eonan
10.02.2007, 02:47 PM
What a really great shot Steve :cool:

kducati
27.02.2007, 10:33 PM
As a newbie I haven't followed the full thread but I have just booked rooms in Rimini this week and it was appead to be getting a bit harder to get a decent hotel for that week.
Sadly as we (wife and I) are going with another couple the male of which can't ride any more due to a serious bike accident, we are all flying down this year.
To save me trawling through the thread are there plans to meet up somewhere say for a few beers.:beer: ?

Spud Raver
27.02.2007, 10:37 PM
Why not? We're in Rimini too, the more the merrier......
Mind you...Im going for the partying...not the bikes! Hope you can keep up? ;)

kducati
27.02.2007, 10:46 PM
Mind you...Im going for the partying...not the bikes! Hope you can keep up? ;)

Yor talking to a Geordie here man :beer: :beer: :beer: :D

Spud Raver
27.02.2007, 11:20 PM
Yor talking to a Geordie here man :beer: :beer: :beer: :D

Aye.....Newky Broon is only 4 point odd percent.....I'll be on the local brew.....whatever that is? ;) ;)

Steve748
28.02.2007, 12:23 AM
Aye.....Newky Broon is only 4 point odd percent.....I'll be on the local brew.....whatever that is? ;) ;)

Most of the bars do a really nice German light lager/beer that is absolute nectar and quite strong but I can't remember what it is called.............and a draught Italian too:rolleyes:

GP999
28.02.2007, 11:53 AM
I would suspect the German beer will be Warsteiner and the Italian will be Nasturo, the German wiess beers are also good such as Pauliner.

An Italian beer (cant remember the name) in bottle which is good has a man in a green suit and hat on the label and is usually cheaper than Nastro and better if you prefer bitter.
If my memory returns I will advise :beer:

Gordon

Spud Raver
28.02.2007, 12:13 PM
Warsteiner.......also known as "Wobbly" :D
My favourite! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Steve748
28.02.2007, 01:41 PM
In WDW04 the guys laid claim to the far left corner of the campsite and put all the tents off then down to the supermarket where the biggest purchase was Belgium beer in big bottles to put in the gas powered fridge (http://www.outdoorworld.org.uk/ezetil-litre-absorption-fridge-p-413.html) then it was out om the bikes to ride round Misano while the beer cooled down:rolleyes:

kducati
28.02.2007, 06:48 PM
We are at the "Hotel Peru" in Rimini, from memory its just a row back off the beach. Its still away off yet but I hope to see some of you about.
I will keep any eye on the thread to see what plans are being made.

Biscuit
28.02.2007, 07:26 PM
werere heree (http://www.venere.com/hotel/index.php?htid=8267&ref=177694&lg=en)

weeian
28.02.2007, 07:28 PM
This was a little cafe at the top of the St, Julier pass where we stopped to warm up. Sea level the temp was in the high 70's
The first Duc is Gary Brooks and the 2nd mine! I woz there! The Ferrari belong to an English guy who was taking the same picture, He moved his car to get it :rolleyes:

that is a great shot steve !

i wish i was going :(

/ian

Steve748
28.02.2007, 08:57 PM
that is a great shot steve !

i wish i was going :(

/ian

Your not the first to say that Ian! thank you!

You are the the only thing stopping you going! Go on you'll love it:)

weeian
01.03.2007, 12:36 AM
Your not the first to say that Ian! thank you!

You are the the only thing stopping you going! Go on you'll love it:)

that & the fact ive spent all my pocket money for the year already steve lolol

nah, my wife wants to do the trans siberian express. Anyone fancy taking her so i can do WDW ??? :p

/ian

999Ric
01.03.2007, 02:17 PM
Ian can you not fob her off with the train to Lenzie on a cold day and take her back to the MacDonalds , that must earn you some brownie points surely.:p

rockjock620
01.03.2007, 04:21 PM
Hey Nic, do you still need Camelbaks?