PDA

View Full Version : The steed has been watered, fed and shod!!!

Spud Raver
20.12.2005, 06:04 PM
:eek: Early Christmas present for me. Got a call from Harry today, the bike is ready for collection after getting new crank cases and the frame bead blasted and powder coated black gloss (all done under warranty) Wheels have been done black as well and the nasty scratches idiot here put on his tank have been taken care off. The things been serviced as well so Im already for the new season. Now......who fancies going to Glasgow for me and picking the thing up and bringing it through here for us. Dont all shout at once ;) ;)

dseered
20.12.2005, 06:10 PM
Davie, what bike, paint is very flakey on my 749 crank cases, especially round the oil filter area ?

Gizmo
20.12.2005, 06:18 PM
lets have photies when you get it back please, i could be tempted into black wheels on mine

dseered
20.12.2005, 06:21 PM
Giz, let me know about your wheels, mine are getting done early Feb, just sprayed but he reckons no problem with durability, you will have to strip and prep yourself though. I understand it will be done for beer money !

Gizmo
20.12.2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks Ian, I'm toying with idea of letting our bike painting team lose on them, it'll mean powder coat, I'm a bit wary of dropping my wheels into the etch tank though, if they go for a fag break I'll have the lightest set of stock wheels around but the bearings will fall out :eek:

Spud Raver
20.12.2005, 06:28 PM
Davie, what bike, paint is very flakey on my 749 crank cases, especially round the oil filter area ?

Its a 749s. The paint on the crank cases was extremely bad. It looked like it had leprasey. Go and see your dealer before warranty runs out or at least let him know that you intend to get it done. I had no problems with Ducati Glasgow. The frame was starting to rust slightly in the plug holes where water had accumulated after washing and hadn't been dried off. Maybe my fault slightly. Remember....if you dont ask.....you dont get. And dont take no for an answer. Its your bike, you have to live with it.

dseered
20.12.2005, 06:29 PM
It seems I will be ruubbing 'em down after Xmas, well not exactly rubbing down, my man is going to show me how he wants it done, he is going to do them when he gets back from the Alps, git hes not back till Feb :mad:

dseered
20.12.2005, 06:33 PM
Its a 749s. The paint on the crank cases was extremely bad. It looked like it had leprasey. Go and see your dealer before warranty runs out or at least let him know that you intend to get it done. I had no problems with Ducati Glasgow. The frame was starting to rust slightly in the plug holes where water had accumulated after washing and hadn't been dried off. Maybe my fault slightly. Remember....if you dont ask.....you dont get. And dont take no for an answer. Its your bike, you have to live with it.

It shouldn't rust !

dseered
20.12.2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry, positive thoughts !

Spud Raver
20.12.2005, 06:39 PM
lets have photies when you get it back please, i could be tempted into black wheels on mine

Will do Michael. I went for gloss black. Im going to work how to get the thing home. I aint riding it back through with all this salt around on the roads. Could probably have some photos by March! ;)

Spud Raver
20.12.2005, 06:42 PM
Sorry, positive thoughts !

:) Good lad....thats what I like to hear. :)

Spud Raver
20.12.2005, 06:47 PM
And 1 thing before you venture out on any cosmetic changes. I get a lot of bead blasting done for my business. My friend Lindsay who does it also has bikes.....he said not to powder coat but to get a 2 part epoxy paint applied instead. He is also a sailor and he said its a way lot better than powder coating. I couldn't get Ducati Glasgow to agree to me taking the wheels/ frame away and getting them done myself under warranty....but if it happens again I know what I'll be doing next.

Gizmo
20.12.2005, 06:54 PM
Epoxy paint would be tough but the powder we use for mountain bike frames should work OK ( and its free :))

Scottch
20.12.2005, 08:58 PM
Davie,

I've got a bike trailer if you want to borrow it - you'll need to come and collect it though, but you're welcome to it.

As long as you agree to the usual SC hire charges ;)

Cheers!

Scott

Spud Raver
20.12.2005, 10:22 PM
Davie,

I've got a bike trailer if you want to borrow it - you'll need to come and collect it though, but you're welcome to it.

As long as you agree to the usual SC hire charges ;)

Cheers!

Scott

Im no going down on ya again!!!!!!! :mad:

Scottch
20.12.2005, 10:34 PM
Im no going down on ya again!!!!!!! :mad:

Too far!!!

Freak
21.12.2005, 09:54 AM
Epoxy paint would be tough but the powder we use for mountain bike frames should work OK ( and its free :))

You could go pink, apparently it's all the rage at Orange :p

Gizmo
21.12.2005, 09:58 AM
You could go pink, apparently it's all the rage at Orange :p

Ah, how did you guess that Lily was getting your bike and wheels done pink for Xmas??, she said it was a surprise.:D :D