PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Forfar - Award Winning Service!

eonan
22.08.2007, 08:49 AM
So...up she goes for sale again - 98 M750 Monster (with over 2000 of extras), tuned by the great man himself :cool:

rockjock620
22.08.2007, 09:33 AM
you coming out to play this weekend then?

Steve748
22.08.2007, 12:25 PM
I guess Derek found out what was causing all the trouble with it Niall, so are you going to let us know what it was??:)

239desmo
22.08.2007, 12:26 PM
So...up she goes for sale again - 98 M750 Monster (with over 2000 of extras), tuned by the great man himself :cool:

Pictures? Price? Which one?......the project? Should you not try riding it just for the novelty factor?:) ;)

Derek
22.08.2007, 12:53 PM
I guess Derek found out what was causing all the trouble with it Niall, so are you going to let us know what it was??:)
I'll tell you Steve.
Quite simply the carb needles were in the richest possible position and given that this was on a 750 which has carbs off a 900 fitted it was gonna be too rich anyway. As it was it was 8-stroking, wouldn't run above 60mph and, not surprisingly, was fouling the plugs.
I have adjusted the needles to a much leaner setting and the bike is now running like it should. :)

eonan
22.08.2007, 01:10 PM
Pictures? Price? Which one?......the project? Should you not try riding it just for the novelty factor?:) ;)

The 900? Are you kidding?!? That'll be with me until my dying days. Hopefully before those days arrive I'll have had the chance to ride it though eh :p

As for riding the 750...after experiencing the one hour I did manage on the FCR'd/pod filtered/lightened flywheeled/14/40T sprocketed/dynacoiled/SBK suspensioned/clip-oned/rearsetted/gp radial mastered bundle of fun that is the 900...the novelty wore off long ago ;)

Steve, we always kinda knew what was wrong, or at least roughly what was wrong...it's the fact that the mighty MacShazaam took just 2 1/2 hours to test ride it, strip it, fix it, re-build it and test it again. Probably had a couple of coffee breaks in there an' all :cool:

Sorry Pete, I won't be able to come this weekend. I never expected to have a bike so I made alternative plans.

239desmo
22.08.2007, 01:21 PM
The 900? Are you kidding?!? That'll be with me until my dying days. Hopefully before those days arrive I'll have had the chance to ride it though eh :p

Steve, we always knew what was wrong, or at least roughly what was wrong...it's the fact that the mighty MacShazaam took just 2 1/2 hours to test ride it, strip it, fix it, re-build it and test it again. Probably had a couple of coffee breaks in there an' all :cool:

Sorry Pete, I won't be able to come this weekend. I never expected to have a bike so I made alternative plans.

Glad it's sorted! Too bad you won't make the weekend but at least every cloud has a silver lining........ I have thrown a carb on the wee single and thanks to a snapped chain 30 seconds into it's first "trial", have not been able to set it up. SO..... assuming I get chain fitted in next 24 hours I can turn up at Applecross with a selection of main and needle jets and a couple of slides and know that our ace troubleshooter is not going to be working on your bike!;) :D

Spud Raver
22.08.2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah yeah yeah.....but can Derek put a Fruit Pastile in his mouth without chewing it??? ;)

gordj65
22.08.2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah yeah yeah.....but can Derek put a Fruit Pastile in his mouth without chewing it??? ;)

its a little known fact that derek cant even open the packet:eek: :eek: :eek:

ProjectImola004
22.08.2007, 08:50 PM
I'll tell you Steve.
Quite simply the carb needles were in the richest possible position and given that this was on a 750 which has carbs off a 900 fitted it was gonna be too rich anyway. As it was it was 8-stroking, wouldn't run above 60mph and, not surprisingly, was fouling the plugs.
I have adjusted the needles to a much leaner setting and the bike is now running like it should. :)

...I just read this - Niall, I had this conversation about the jetting and needles on the phone with you - remember. I know it could only be something simple like that! Ho Hum, I'm sure it will sell very easily now mate.

by the way, whatever plans you have - change them!!! ;) :p

eonan
22.08.2007, 09:15 PM
I had this conversation about the jetting and needles on the phone with you - remember. I know it could only be something simple like that!

Course I remember...sorry, you deserve some credit too :D To be fair I knew what it was too, but just couldn't face faffing about with them. Honest :p

whatever plans you have - change them!!! ;) :p

No way...I'm on a promise this weekend! These days I just can't afford to let rare opportunities like this pass :comp2:

ProjectImola004
22.08.2007, 09:33 PM
No way...I'm on a promise this weekend! These days I just can't afford to let rare opportunities like this pass :comp2:

...oh well in that case..... ;) :p

Derek
23.08.2007, 07:52 AM

its a little known fact that derek cant even open the packet:eek: :eek: :eek:
That's you two off the list :boxing:
I hope your bikes [email protected] up good style in the middle of nowhere at 2 o'clock in the morning in the black dark when it's bucketing rain and you can't get a signal on your mobile :p

Scottch
23.08.2007, 07:56 AM
I hope your bikes [email protected] up good style in the middle of nowhere at 2 o'clock in the morning in the black dark when it's bucketing rain and you can't get a signal on your mobile :p

:eek: Hell hath no fury ...... errrrr :D

rockjock620
23.08.2007, 09:09 AM

that's a shame - just remember to give her one from us. Kiss that is! :D

gordj65
23.08.2007, 06:08 PM

mate , your talking to someone who has fixed vespas and lambrettas at the roadside at 2 am before mobiles were even invented, so i wont do too bad......davie on the other hand is fecked:D :D