PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Rider training - Upnorth Special

Gizmo
24.02.2006, 08:32 PM
I've been chatting to a friend of mine who teaches Advanced Rider Training, ex police/MAC instructor and having benefited from one of his courses can speak first hand about how much more safely it'll help you ride.

Anyway, he lives near me in Penrith, rides a 998 ( no, he don't use that for the training) and he's kindly agreed to provide a course on the Friday and Monday before and after RTL, it means if you are coming up and are booking a hotel for 2 nights you could do a days advanced rider training on probably the best roads in England for it. A maximum of 2 pupils each day and for less than the price of a trackday and you'll get a few more hours riding time ( its 90% on bike, 10% theory whilst having a brew/lunch) and end up with a lot less chance of getting hurt on the roads. if you can't make RTL let me know and I'm sure Mike will be able to do another day.

PM me if you are interested.

dseered
24.02.2006, 08:43 PM
I would love to do it, as I am local though I will leave this and give the chance to someone else who is visiting, I will have the craic during RTL, I am sure he is coming !

Scotty
24.02.2006, 09:07 PM
one of those things i keep meaning to get round to

Gizmo
24.02.2006, 09:15 PM
one of those things i keep meaning to get round to

Make the effort, its well worth it and even if you pick up only one tip it might be the one that saves your life. I learnt a lot and i'd do another day and probably will soon as I still haven't got my confidence fully back after that crash last year. if anyone wants to do it and can't make RTL we could probably find a bed for them for a night if needed.

BDG
24.02.2006, 10:27 PM
Mike, coz of hols can't do this bit presume he could do some other dates, if so am very interested

Gizmo
25.02.2006, 11:35 AM
I'm sure he'll do other dates Shaun I'll try and persuade him to join the forums. I'm certain the service he offers would be a big benefit to a lot of us and its the kind of thing I'd always wanted upnorth to be able to help with, I don't think it'll take a lot to get a few other dates organised.:)