PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! first venture of the year booked!

nic6196
01.03.2006, 07:39 PM
brilliant!:D :D have booked up our first weekend ride out of the year - only to the Clachaig in Glencoe but at least it's a start! 3 weeks for the weather to warm up - and it had better! It's freezing out there! Just thought i'd share with you all my little bit of news, i think the nice wee ready-brek glow inside may just be enough to keep me warm.. If anyone fancies a bit of banter then Drew, myself and a few others will be there with the booze flowing freely. Just the MOT to pass now in the next fortnight and i'm laughing!

Scottch
01.03.2006, 08:09 PM
Fingers crossed it warms up a bit Nic!

Are you guys staying at the Clachaig or in the bunkhouse up the road?

Had a couple of great weekends there a few years ago now!

nic6196
01.03.2006, 08:23 PM
we're staying at the clachaig, we did the King's arms for the end of season and it was good - but the clachaig seems better as they've got stuff on every saturday night - although by looking at when we've booked it's a load of rnb drivel - got Drew will love that!! really hoping it warms up withi nthe next few weeks - if not gives me a chance ot try out my new wind stopper gear i got for Christmas i suppose. Actually who am i kidding?? i will still be wearing that kinda gear in july!!:D
hoping everyone will be as rough as last year when i was freah as a daisy and maanaged (somehow) to be the first one to the Green wellie - go me!

Gizmo
01.03.2006, 08:39 PM
we're staying at the clachaig, we did the King's arms for the end of season and it was good - but the clachaig seems better as they've got stuff on every saturday night - although by looking at when we've booked it's a load of rnb drivel - got Drew will love that!! really hoping it warms up withi nthe next few weeks - if not gives me a chance ot try out my new wind stopper gear i got for Christmas i suppose. Actually who am i kidding?? i will still be wearing that kinda gear in july!!:D
hoping everyone will be as rough as last year when i was freah as a daisy and maanaged (somehow) to be the first one to the Green wellie - go me!

Nic get down to Roadhoggz (http://www.roadhoggz.com/) in Ballachulish for a really wacky evening, Lochaber's Hard Rock Cafe on an industrial estate, Vegas it ain't but it is about as crazy :D :D

nic6196
01.03.2006, 08:48 PM
Nic get down to Roadhoggz (http://www.roadhoggz.com/) in Ballachulish for a really wacky evening, Lochaber's Hard Rock Cafe on an industrial estate, Vegas it ain't but it is about as crazy :D :D

we're only heading to the near side of the glen, if any one is feeling particularly warm or fresh the next day then we'll probably give them a try - might mark them down a few point for their website's "cool motorbikes section" in the photo gallery though!
OOooh i can't wait now- pleas bike pass the mot.... might book it in next week just in case...

Derek
01.03.2006, 09:20 PM
Jings Nic you're keen. I mot'd the bike on Saturday, taxed it on Tuesday and the snow came :eek: Let's hope it's a lot warmer by the end of the month, -10C forecast for the Highlands tonight BRRR!
I was up at the Clachaig with some of the Blair guys last year and we had whale of a time
:booze: :booze: :booze: :booze: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
I don't think I could stand camping at the end of March though, wise man staying at the Clachaig. I thought here was music every Friday and Saturday, maybe that's later in the year. See and have a good time.

nic6196
01.03.2006, 09:30 PM
I don't think I could stand camping at the end of March though, wise man staying at the Clachaig. I thought here was music every Friday and Saturday, maybe that's later in the year. See and have a good time.

I'm a girl - therefore i have absolutely no intention of going anywhere that my hair staighteners cannot get a plug! camping - hahha no way! Yeah there is music on fridays too - we're only going up for the one night though - that's all this student purse can stretch to at the moment i'm afraid!

01.03.2006, 09:54 PM
here Nicola, if its really cold you could always wear your ducati bikini.....:)
but dont tell yer dad i said so...

nic6196
01.03.2006, 10:06 PM
haha very good! over the top of my leathers for extra warmth? :D Christ that thing wouldn't keep a sparrow warm!

01.03.2006, 10:12 PM
well you bought it!!!! ha ha

nic6196
01.03.2006, 10:21 PM
yeah i know and i love it! in the summer. In greece.When you don't need to keep warm . only have one complaint - that it doesn't have any branding on the pants but apart from that top marks! will be back out this summer i feel - if i can ever get round to organising something, or get the time to get back to the gym!

jamesguschi
02.03.2006, 10:43 PM
brilliant!:D :D have booked up our first weekend ride out of the year - only to the Clachaig in Glencoe but at least it's a start! 3 weeks for the weather to warm up - and it had better! It's freezing out there! Just thought i'd share with you all my little bit of news, i think the nice wee ready-brek glow inside may just be enough to keep me warm.. If anyone fancies a bit of banter then Drew, myself and a few others will be there with the booze flowing freely. Just the MOT to pass now in the next fortnight and i'm laughing!

Great minds think alike Bud.;) My mate Bill and I are going to Glencoe as soon as the warm weather comes in. I will be on my Baby ( 999 ) he will be taking my RX. The forecast for next week is it is going to warm up at the start of the week. So here is hoping that the warm weather is on its way. YIPPPPEEEE:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

drewV2
03.03.2006, 09:25 PM
here Nicola, if its really cold you could always wear your ducati bikini.....:)
but dont tell yer dad i said so...
I'm watchin Harry - an I can hear everythin you say on here Ok, For anybody else listenin - I'll be at the Clachaig too ,but I wont even be wearin a tee shirt under my leathers , so there