PDA

View Full Version : Sell now or in the summer?????

angelboy
17.11.2007, 05:14 PM
I have a Ducati 996 that I'm lloking to sell but when should I sell?

If I sell now then it's end of season but if I sell it in 6 months time then we're into another year and a little more depreciation.

How much would you think I'd be loosing selling now in comparison with say April time?

Gizmo
17.11.2007, 06:20 PM
if its an older bike they tend to be valued more on mileage than worrying about being 6 months older but it'll all depend whether you can find the right person at the right time :(

angelboy
17.11.2007, 06:40 PM
if its an older bike they tend to be valued more on mileage than worrying about being 6 months older but it'll all depend whether you can find the right person at the right time :(

Maybe I'll stick a few classified ads out now and if the response is poor then I'll hold out for the new year.

I have to admit though, the milage now will be the same next year as I won't be riding it really.

Derek
18.11.2007, 04:10 PM
You'll probably find that you don't get much interest at this time of year unless the price is low. Few people want to buy a bike and then just put it away in the garage for the next 4 months. There will be more demand in the spring and you'll get a better price. The bike market, around here at any rate, picks up dramatically in April.

ProjectImola004
18.11.2007, 05:30 PM
Few people want to buy a bike and then just put it away in the garage for the next 4 months.

...apart from Pete!!!!! :p

Steve748
19.11.2007, 11:44 AM
If your not desperate for the money keep it til April, the only peeps interested will be traders buying stock at rock bottom for next year. Spend the winter making it look as good as possible, it'll pay off come the spring:)

angelboy
19.11.2007, 07:48 PM
If your not desperate for the money keep it til April, the only peeps interested will be traders buying stock at rock bottom for next year. Spend the winter making it look as good as possible, it'll pay off come the spring:)

It is as good as possible - just come out of a 1650 service!!!!!

Advice heeded........April it is

Steve748
19.11.2007, 07:52 PM
It is as good as possible - just come out of a 1650 service!!!!!

Advice heeded........April it is

In that case advertise it on here and see if you can get it advertised on the DOC DSC as well as some of the other bike sites before you pay to advertise it in More Crap News:eek: