PDA

View Full Version : MadMarchMiniMegaMeetHappened !!!!

dseered
19.03.2006, 04:11 PM
And we had a fab time, just got in going to download some shots now, Gizmo has some belters though !!!

dseered
19.03.2006, 05:01 PM
Posidan & Abby on bike, Rockjock and Mac admiring the 749's exhaust ( 57mm :eek: )

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/7510/p10100150jk.jpg

dseered
19.03.2006, 05:03 PM
Umm, snow, its just a bit un-nerving !

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3244/p10100032tx.jpg

Neepdocker
19.03.2006, 05:12 PM
Nice pics. It looks rather cold up there though.:) :) :)

dseered
19.03.2006, 05:16 PM
You should have seen it when the mist dropped in, it went as fast as it came though and had a nice ride home, goddam 'smoked' visor though, made the wet bits look dry and the dry bits wet, now got eyes full of roadsalt !

Can't wait to see Gizmo's photos :D

Neepdocker
19.03.2006, 05:32 PM
I'm a bit @@@@ed off that my bikes not ready yet.Looked like there was a good turnout. Hope to be on the next rideout. Ranald.

dseered
19.03.2006, 05:36 PM
Think there was about 20 Ducati's at one point !

Gizmo
19.03.2006, 05:41 PM
First batch now on line (http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/archivef/mmmmm/index.php)

Scotty
19.03.2006, 05:54 PM
hummm im gutted i didnt make it.

Neepdocker
19.03.2006, 06:02 PM
Me too!!!!!

Gizmo
19.03.2006, 06:04 PM

twas cold Scotty, worse than the last trip we took up there :(

Big thanks to all those who could make it, I was amazed at the turnout for a cold March day, sorry Stu and Denise couldn't make it, hope the sick bike is OK Denise :(

Roll on the Burns Night bash...........

gaz3014
19.03.2006, 06:56 PM
Looks like I missed out on a good do!!!:(

Spud Raver
19.03.2006, 07:02 PM

And me!!!!!!!!!!!!

dseered
19.03.2006, 07:14 PM
And me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumour had it that you new perm would'nt fit in your lid ???

rockjock620
19.03.2006, 07:16 PM
It wasn't THAT cold! Brilliant day out, good to meet everybody and put faces to names. Didn't we do well!

It had been damp coming over from Harrogate to Skipton, and on the return, and up at Hartside. Otherwise very pleasant. For some strange reason it was also 2 degrees colder over in Yorkshire, all day.

Looking forward to the next one.

Lily
19.03.2006, 08:04 PM
Well, looks like you had a good day out despite the cold, I hope everyone has used cold water to rinse the salt off!!

I won't say I am sorry we couldn't make it 'coz it looks freezing, but I can't wait to meet up with everyone once the sun is out and it's over 15 degrees :)

eonan
19.03.2006, 08:06 PM
You cool, cool bast*rds! dseered those photos are class! Seeing a bunch of Ducs with snow in the background...bella bella!

I've only been riding for 5 months, but really hope to be able to join you one day. If you don't mind a young beginner tagging along...I couldn't think of a better way to improve my riding.

dseered
19.03.2006, 08:15 PM
Well, looks like you had a good day out despite the cold, I hope everyone has used cold water to rinse the salt off!!

I won't say I am sorry we couldn't make it 'coz it looks freezing, but I can't wait to meet up with everyone once the sun is out and it's over 15 degrees :)

Love to say I washed her down, erm, locked in garage now though, I'll do it moro !

Dave G
19.03.2006, 08:17 PM
Looks like you had a decent day of it.
Though I couldnt make it I can at least console myself with the fact I managed to get my cans done,so the next time I make it out you'll hear me coming!

dseered
19.03.2006, 08:18 PM
You cool, cool bast*rds! dseered those photos are class! Seeing a bunch of Ducs with snow in the background...bella bella!

I've only been riding for 5 months, but really hope to be able to join you one day. If you don't mind a young beginner tagging along...I couldn't think of a better way to improve my riding.

We were very cool, read COLD up there, roads were OK though, just residual snow :D

All always welcome, keep an eye on whats going on !

weeian
19.03.2006, 08:52 PM
Nice photo's guys, i think ive just about thawed out. Thanks to all that made it, it was worth the trip down from Glasgow just for that Full Breakfast at the hartside. :)

WHAT A ROAD leading up to the Cafe !

/ian

Real Mccoy
19.03.2006, 09:30 PM
dudes your all crazy, it looks effing baltic.

I stopped in the pub and watched Newcastle loose :beer:

Martyn748
19.03.2006, 09:54 PM
I only got as far North as Lancaster !!!!

I knew Ian was lying when he said that you were sunbathing in Shap, met up with Stu after he had nursed Denises sick Monster home, first of many.

See you soon

SS_al
19.03.2006, 10:56 PM
Nice photo's guys, i think ive just about thawed out. Thanks to all that made it, it was worth the trip down from Glasgow just for that Full Breakfast at the hartside. :)

WHAT A ROAD leading up to the Cafe !

/ian

Yep Weeian, Was a good run - very eventful thanks to your mate Martin again - How's he doing?

we'll defo do the run again when its a bit warmer.

borderduc
19.03.2006, 11:08 PM
That was a good blast to start the season!. And good to meet some fellow DUNners too.

The weather was not too bad at all - just a shame about all the crud on the roads, though we've proved that Ducs are just at home in winter roads as any bikes (heated seat option would be nice, though, snr Minoli ).

Great photos Gizmo - always nice to look back at the day's events while it's fresh in the memory.

Hope my fellow Scots all got back to base OK. The "World's Fastest Ian " passed me on the M74 going at a hell of a lick - must have been home in no time. I turned off at Moffat towards Blyth Bridge - like riding through the Arctic - and ran out of petrol just as I came down the hill into Peebles !. Nuff said about that.

Martyn, hope you're not feeling too beaten up - if it's any consolation I also had a "brown trouser moment" on Shellgrip just before Innerleithen. Not pushing it but still slid the back wheel out a bit.

All in all a great blast, a manky bike needing a clean tomorrow and eager anticipation of the next run n April.

Derek
20.03.2006, 10:12 AM
Good to see that you guys had a great day out and that the weather stayed mainly dry. Nice pics too. Hope to join in on a later ride sometime.

weeian
20.03.2006, 11:42 AM
Yep Weeian, Was a good run - very eventful thanks to your mate Martin again - How's he doing?

Yea hes just really stiff & sore, i think hes gonna pop down to A&E to make sure he hasnt fractured his side. R & G crash bungs is the word

That was a good blast to start the season!. And good to meet some fellow DUNners too.

Hope my fellow Scots all got back to base OK. The "World's Fastest Ian " passed me on the M74 going at a hell of a lick - must have been home in no time. I turned off at Moffat towards Blyth Bridge - like riding through the Arctic - and ran out of petrol just as I came down the hill into Peebles !. Nuff said about that.

Martyn, hope you're not feeling too beaten up - if it's any consolation I also had a "brown trouser moment" on Shellgrip just before Innerleithen. Not pushing it but still slid the back wheel out a bit.

All in all a great blast, a manky bike needing a clean tomorrow and eager anticipation of the next run n April.

It was a great blast ! Got home safe & sound. by the end of the day i just wanted to get home, i told martyn on the auto coms what petrol station to stop at and away i went. hitting the Limiter in 6th as i passed you. :o

WD-40'd all the salt off last night & gave it a good clean. Time to give it a polish today.

How far did you have to push Dave ? :D

Yea that shell grip is murder when it finishes 3/4 of the bend - Super grip to no grip in a second.

Roll on the next 1.

/ian

Geoff
20.03.2006, 12:49 PM
Great day out - have some pics on-route from Ducati Glasgow. Will post later. Took the B7076 (runs parallel with A74) with Bruce - seen a lot of snow passing through Beattock but the roads generally fine and caught up with Ian and soar Martin at Happendon services. Left together but then Ian and Martin disapppeared into the distance.
Geoff

Gizmo
20.03.2006, 01:25 PM
Great day out - have some pics on-route from Ducati Glasgow. Will post later. Took the B7076 (runs parallel with A74) with Bruce - seen a lot of snow passing through Beattock but the roads generally fine and caught up with Ian and soar Martin at Happendon services. Left together but then Ian and Martin disapppeared into the distance.
Geoff

Mail them to me ([email protected]) Geoff or dump them on my idisk gizmo999 password ducatids

Instructions below :

To access someone's Public folder, you need to know the person's member name gizmo999 and pwd ducatids

If you're using Windows XP, use iDisk Utility for Windows XP to open someone's Public folder. You can download the iDisk Utility for Windows XP by going to here (http://www.mac.com/1/idiskutility_download.html)

If you're using Windows 2000:
Open My Computer, choose Map Network Drive from the Tools menu, then click "Web folder or FTP site."
Enter the following as the location to add: http://idisk.mac.com/gizmo999-Public?
If you're using Windows 98:
Open My Computer, double-click the Web Folders icon, then double-click Add Web Folder.
Enter the following as the location to add: http://idisk.mac.com/gizmo999-Public?

Geoff
20.03.2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Gizmo,
Will email them tomorrow.
Geoff

BDG
20.03.2006, 05:11 PM
I stopped in the pub and watched Newcastle loose :beer:

Best news of the whole weekend:D

borderduc
20.03.2006, 06:28 PM
hitting the Limiter in 6th as i passed you. :o

How far did you have to push Dave ? :D

/ian

I do believe you when you say you were hitting the limiter in 6th !. You must have had ice forming on you at that speed - I was in brass monkey mode at a mere two-figure speed.

When I ran out of petrol I called my emergency fuel backup (aka Mrs B) who nipped along the road from the house with a can of petrol. Just glad it wasn't up above Moffat as it was a bit bleak. The fuel light came on just a mile or so after Moffat and I thought I would make Peebles easily but there we go. Since I got the Termis fitted the fuelling has been a bit odd and so I'll need to get it checked at Ducati G.

dseered
20.03.2006, 06:33 PM
Don't think I hit the limiter yesterday at all, still sussing out the new gearing, jeez it goes well though, flat in top WeeIan ? I have seen 156 on the 749bip and it wasn't flat so you must have been doing :eek:

weeian
20.03.2006, 06:50 PM
last year when i had the termis on the bike i got an extra 10 mph flat out, without them its not as fast at the top which makes sense.

/ian

weeian
20.03.2006, 06:53 PM
I do believe you when you say you were hitting the limiter in 6th !. You must have had ice forming on you at that speed - I was in brass monkey mode at a mere two-figure speed.

When I ran out of petrol I called my emergency fuel backup (aka Mrs B) who nipped along the road from the house with a can of petrol. Just glad it wasn't up above Moffat as it was a bit bleak. The fuel light came on just a mile or so after Moffat and I thought I would make Peebles easily but there we go. Since I got the Termis fitted the fuelling has been a bit odd and so I'll need to get it checked at Ducati G.

dave id think seriously about a power commander if you want it running perfectly, Termis always screw up the fuelling.

/ian

dseered
20.03.2006, 08:32 PM
Ahem, MartinH, are you a little bit sideways here, great shot !

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/archivef/mmmmm/l10.jpg

drewV2
20.03.2006, 09:38 PM
great pictures. Good to meet everybody, put some faces to names. I was feelin more than a bit second hand by the time I got back home (about 6 ish) cold had eventually sneaked through ma leathers an tee shirt

drewV2
20.03.2006, 10:09 PM
And me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davie, no turnin up ---- Oor Nicola has got it in for you pal, some sincere appologies will be sought I can tell you

MartinH
20.03.2006, 11:23 PM
Ahem, MartinH, are you a little bit sideways here, great shot !

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/archivef/mmmmm/l10.jpg

I cant remember to be honest! I cannot remember which corner it was but did have a few small slides on the sections where you could see to use all the road and the white lines caused a few little movements. If you remember we got held up a little at the bottom of A6 just out of Kendal and Rockhopper and Mac in front of us made a break for it? I remember thinking I would see if I could catch them and got my head down and went for it, after a while I got an occasional glimpse of them up the road which spurred me on a little. The poor Multi got a real thrashing, I must have looked a real idiot on those long straights crouched down the best I could behind the screen.

I seem to remember a large group of walkers or climbers or whatever in one section that seemed to take a few steps backwards into the shrubbery as yet another Ducati flew past!

I like the picture of the descent from Hartside best.

SS_al
20.03.2006, 11:33 PM
great pics all round - Hartside was a great idea - great backdrop....

Hopefully we'll get more of the same from all the other rideouts

SS_al
20.03.2006, 11:40 PM

I (almost) did the same a you dave - bombed up the M74 sneaking past Ian and co when they stopped of fuel. Did Penrith to Glasgow on one tank - made it back to the flat before I ran out though - just - phew.