View Full Version : eicma bimota db 7 oronero

petzi
04.11.2008, 03:31 PM
was presented today in milan: db 7 oronero

frame made of carbon, dry 164 kg, 39.960 :eek:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8901/oronerodxwf7.jpg

Bert3
04.11.2008, 03:38 PM
Nope, too heavy; and all you lot are wrong about how wonderful CF looks - in 10 years time you'll look back on it in the same distainful way that you now scoff at the stone cladding on the Duckworth's

Dave G
04.11.2008, 03:47 PM
Now, stone cladding has never been done on a bike,think of the style ripples throughout the industry. Whos first to try.:D

Cant say the Bimota excites me,however,I do like the fact you can see through to the other side, and the tail unit seems very short to meet current regulations,I thought it had to overhang the rear wheel by a certain amount. And if it doesn't need to, then why do other manufacturers put such ugly great plastic brackets there.

rockjock620
04.11.2008, 03:57 PM
stone cladding......................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what about flying ducks on the parlour wall........:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gizmo
04.11.2008, 04:01 PM
Don't like the look but the design and manufacturing used is interesting, from looks of it it s a carbon/cnc swingarm and frame, can't work out where shock is running but it may be even that is on carbon links, I've been a fan of the way Robbiano used those cnc linked bits since the conception, never considered that they might link it all up with carbon struts, very clever in that its very easy to modify the handling and chassis flex on small volume production runs simply by increasing or decreasing wrap and lay, nice. the downside will be the weight of attaching those bits hence why the final bike weight is up a touch but its going to let them make bikes in the small volumes they work in.
Same thing applies on fairing, they've adopted a modular design to save money but it looks OK, the belly pan links to the side panel but is separate, I'd think you'll see a naked version with just the carbon belly pan.

its an example of how one can design around manufacturing limits and volumes and create a unique product, Robbiano learned a lot at Ducati and he's taken that design ability with him into a much smaller environment, another graduate of CRC :)

I'm impressed by just how clever it all is despite not liking the finished look.

MAC
04.11.2008, 04:07 PM
stone cladding......................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what about flying ducks on the parlour wall........:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't forget the 'muriel':D :D