+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ducati Diagnostic Software - FREE

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S

Default Ducati Diagnostic Software - FREE

The attached link takes you to a French guy's site who has created a diagnostic software package for the 5.9AM ECU's. There is a full list of compatible bikes on the site. He has done some tweaks to the software and it now works with older 5.9M ECU's like the one fitted to my 2003 999. For the newer ECU's he requires you to post a read out from the software so that he can send you a fully functioning version of the software (it is linked to the ECU serial number to prevent commercial use) for the older ECU's it works straight out of the box (including setting the TPS and resetting the service light). All that is required to get you up and running are some leads off Ebay
    1. A VAG KKL 409.1 EOBD lead
    2. a Fiat/Lancia/Alfa EOBD adaptor lead (must have the +ve and -ve battery connection leads)
    and of course a computer

http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/index.php

Download the software http://jpl250rs.perso.sfr.fr/download.php

This is my functioning setup

Netbook with 1gb RAM, 250gb HDD, Win7 Starter OS

VAG KKL 409.1 EOBD lead (sourced off ebay)

CDM20602 Drivers, downloaded from the FTDI site (just Goolge it)

Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo EOBD Adapter Lead (sourced off ebay)

3m USB extension lead
    Last edited by chrisw; 16.10.2011 at 12:49 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisw For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    Ah. This is what I'd been hoping I'd see someday. There is a similar one for Triumphs called Tune ECU that I used on a mates Rocket III Roadster the other week and it is superb. As well as the usual diagnostic and test functoins you can also copy the fuel/ignition map, modify it, and download new maps to the ECU.
    I haven't studied the site you've linked to yet but I'm a bit puzzled about the VAG OBD connector. Triumph uses a standard car type 16 pin OBD connector but Ducati doesn't, although I suspect this will become a standard requirement for all bikes sold in Europe in the near future. I'm sure that once I've read the details all will become clear.
    Thanks for posting the link Chris.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S
    I am also using TuneEcu as I have a Daytona 675 and have succesfully changed the maps in the ECU using it - great bit of kit.

The VAG KKL lead is what I use on the Triumph (as recommended by Alain for TuneECU). If you have TuneECU up and running, then your set up should work with DucatiDiag. The creator of DucatiDiag lists what leads he recommends on his site.

Here's what I am using

You then need an adaptor to connect to the Ducati

Note the +ve and -ve battery leads as some only have the +ve.

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    I've now had a look over the Ducatidiag forum and see that the OBD/Fiat adaptor does the trick in converting the VAG KKL cable to fit.
    It seems though that the software is still in early days of development yet and does no more than the VSDT software that I already have. Still, it's free and is being actively developed by enthusiasts.
    I've now downloaded the software, I already have the VAG cable and drivers, all I need is the Fiat adaptor to try it out.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    Matrix Streetfechter
    Excellent. Hopefully we can get rid of the bloody closed loop lambdas soon Derek..

Thanks for the superb post

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    I wouldn't be so sure about getting rid of the Lamdas that easily but there is always a hope. I've ordered the Fiat adaptor cable off ebay but it will take 2 or 3 weeks to come from China

Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S
    Derek

Re TuneECU, are you aware that you can even correct speedo misread using it? My speedo was over reading by 10% when compared to my GPS. A bit of tweaking with TuneECU and it was adjusted 8% to give a little leaway when it comes to enforcement.

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    Yes I am Chris but it's not my bike and my mate's happy enough with the new map for his race (sic) pipes and the secondary butterflies wide open in all gears, so I'm not too bothered

Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    I've volunteered my self for beta testing Chris. (Wonder what kind replies that will get from the DUN jokers? )

Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S
    It looks really interesting. Don't think I'm brave enough to do the belts though.

Hope this works. Requirements are a Soundcard (not a network card) and a miniture microphone (not clip)

http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=fr&tl=en
    Last edited by chrisw; 30.08.2010 at 01:59 PM.

Ducati models
    748 & 907ie
    Other bikes
    Jota, Old Beemer, Old British wobblers
    I'm curious.
    Do you put a microphone close to/on the belt & somehow "ping" the belt ?
    Or does it happen when the engine is running ?
    And given that we know a frequency for the correct tension could I use my son's electronic guitar tuner ? The principle appears to be the same.

ShedBob

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    I've downloaded the software and tried it and it works very well, only pinging a rubber band to the mic though
    You simply set the target frequency you want , usually 110Hz for new belts, and adjust the tension until the indicated resonant frequency lines up with the marker.
    I'm not due belts on my own bike for another 8,000 miles or so but I'm sure I'll get to test it for real on somebody else's soon enough.

Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    Quote Originally Posted by ShedBob View Post
    I'm curious.
    Do you put a microphone close to/on the belt & somehow "ping" the belt ?
    Or does it happen when the engine is running ?
    And given that we know a frequency for the correct tension could I use my son's electronic guitar tuner ? The principle appears to be the same.

ShedBob
    Yes, you "ping" the belt. A contact mic attached to the fixed tensioner roller should work well.
    In theory you could could use a guitar tuner but I tried mine and it couldn't resolve the frequency.

Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S
    The software for cam belt tensioning is now out of beta and ready for download.

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S

Default v.15 released

v,15 has been released

http://translate.google.com/translat...catidiag15.htm

Download

http://jpl250rs.perso.sfr.fr/download.php

It also looks like JP has found a way to remove the coding from the 59am ECU's

http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/t20-Rend...ge-son-ecu.htm

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S

Default Beta testers wanted

The creator of the software is looking for beta testers for the older IAW15 ECU's

http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/t112-Bet...aw15-16-P8.htm

Ducati models
    999 Mono/1198S
    There's been a lot of development of this diagnostic software. Older ECU's are now catered for and the IAW59 and IAW5AM software now allows you to dump the mapping to your PC. For a fee of 100 euros the creator of the software will send you flasher software enabling maps to be uploaded to the ECU plus for IAW5AM's the disabling of the immobiliser for a single ECU and IAW59M's the disabling of the immobiliser unrestricted. I have converted an ECU connector from a damaged wiring loom to enable reading and flashing of ECU's off bike. I'm looking for some IAW59M's to read the maps from as a depository is being created on the software forum. On my own bike my ECU became faulty and I was able to pick up an ECU off eBay, reflash it and disable the immobiliser. When the immobiliser is disabled it is not virginising so the ecu can't be coded to the key chip.

Ducati models
    996 - 1198
    Guys, will this software / hardware possibly work with my 1198 ECU ??
    cheers

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    For whatever reasons the Ducatidiag site is closing down. The software is no longer available to download.

Hunter S. Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast