+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: More Problems

Ducati models
    92 Superlight

Default More Problems

Anyone wanna buy a superlight, only joking although its getting on my tits now, it seems i get one prob sorted and another occurs having just got my tank sorted and im ready to go out the bikes ticked over fine all afternoon, now i start it it runs for approx a minute then goes onto one cylinder and pops a bit out the exhaust any one any suggestions.

Phil.

Ducati models
    851 Monoposto
    Could be with coring your pipes also might be worth taking the floatbowl drain screws out and checking for any dirt etc . Might be an idea to swill your tank out as well , The steel tanks on the 900SS are well known for rusting internally due to condensation .
    Last edited by Screwy; 26.05.2006 at 09:15 PM.

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    Could the float bowls have dirt in again as ive only done 3 miles since you did them.

ProjectImola004 Guest
    "....they all come like that mister..."

well mine does it sometimes. Mines carb icing, does yours have the float bowl heater kit on? (little oil lines that come up from the oil cooler)

I find once it has warmed to running temp, it goes away, but when it's cold it can be irritating.

I also find that ticking over for any length of time can fowl up a plug. Mine is very rich on the idle jets though with it's current intake/exhaust setup, but not knowing how yours is set up I couldn't say its the same problem.

& yes I'd love to buy your Superlight - great bike.

Ducati models
    851 Monoposto
    Hard to tell Phil , My money is on a plug fouling as Ed says , its not unknown especially as you have modded the pipes ,Carb icing is also still a possibility especially with your bike being a MK1 superlight though I,m not 100% certain that it has'nt got the carb heating kit , i forget to check when I was over . Best bet is to get out on it tomorrow, if it pops and farts when you start it just ignore it , just give it a bit of throttle and see if it clears .

ProjectImola004 Guest
    Lets face it, the Great God Taglioni never meant for our Ducs to be ticking over for long did he!

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwy
    Hard to tell Phil , My money is on a plug fouling as Ed says , its not unknown especially as you have modded the pipes ,Carb icing is also still a possibility especially with your bike being a MK1 superlight though I,m not 100% certain that it has'nt got the carb heating kit , i forget to check when I was over . Best bet is to get out on it tomorrow, if it pops and farts when you start it just ignore it , just give it a bit of throttle and see if it clears .
    Il see what its like tomorrow, although if the prob is still there i wont be able to ride it on 1 cylinder, i had a feeling it could have been an electrical prob but im no expert.

And as for carb icing its doing it more when the bike is warm i could start it warm on 2 cylinders then a few mins and it hops onto one.

Ducati models
    851 Monoposto
    Does it stay on one cylinder when you blip the throttle or when you give it some partial throttle ?

Ducati models
    851 Monoposto
    If all else fails I,ll swap you , Your mk1 SL for my 851/888

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    Does it stay on one cylinder when you blip the throttle or when you give it some partial throttle ?
    Hmm thats a point when its ticking over its fine it could be when i give it throttle.

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    If all else fails I,ll swap you , Your mk1 SL for my 851/888

If you wernt joking id seriousely consider that at the moment

Ducati models
    851 Monoposto
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Superlight
    Hmm thats a point when its ticking over its fine it could be when i give it throttle.
    Sounds like we didnt get all the crap out of the carb in all honesty

Ducati models

Default Similar Problem?

I had a very similar sounding fault years ago on a Pantah, After going round the mulberry bush nseveral times it turned out to be a small piece of grit lodged in the carb primary circuit. All the carb cleaner in China hadn't moved it, so a piecs of solder wire was eventually and reluctantly used but it solved the problem. Note that the rear pot didn't tick over but cut in higher up the range as the carburation processed through to slide etc..

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    Sounds like we didnt get all the crap out of the carb in all honesty
    What would you suggest, whip the float bowls of again and see if theres any crap in them, do you think a fuel system cleaner may help.

Phil.

Ducati models
    851 Monoposto
    Yep float bowls off and see if you can get hold of a compressor or a tin of compressed air (camera shops used to have it) and give the carbs a good blow out just remember to watch the floats ,you do not want to have to reset the float hights

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    Ok bud ive got a compressor but il have to get a blower for it and il give it a bash

Phil.

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    I whipped the float bowls off there was a little bit of @@@@ in there but it wasnt alot, carbs off next and a good clean?

Ducati models
    851 Monoposto
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Superlight
    I whipped the float bowls off there was a little bit of @@@@ in there but it wasnt alot, carbs off next and a good clean?
    If theres no improvement yes , Did you give the carbs a good blow out when you had the bowls off ?

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    If theres no improvement yes , Did you give the carbs a good blow out when you had the bowls off ?
    Hi bud yeah, so i will put it back together and see if its improved any before i take it to bits again

Ducati models
    92 Superlight
    Perhaps i should have bought a honda or something instead of the superlight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast