+ Reply to Thread

Thread: diavel cooling system?

Ducati models
    monsterS4@bimota db6

Default diavel cooling system?

Hi i've had my diavel about for a while know and everything couldn't be better.
    The only problem i have with it is the cooling system.
    the problem is that the bike appears to over heat on start up go's right up to the warning light on the dash i.e 121c then drops down to between 80c and 85c when
    being ridden.
    The shop that i brought it from temperarally cured the problem by gutting the thermostat of it's inner workings and ordered a new thermostat.
    Know you may say why did they not bleed the system first before taking such drastic action, the reason is because it has been a repeating fault but not all diavels do this.
    It is known by ducati uk i am told,any way a new thermostat has been fitted and everythig seems ok.I'll find out tomorrow.
    My question is, is there anybody out there that has the experiance to work out what the problem is this is only to satisfy my cureosity the bike is still under warranty for the next two years.
    I did notice on the spare parts drawing for this part of the bike there appears to be a breather system why?

Ducati models
    MTS1200 ABS, 907ie
    I'm not sure what you mean by a breather system but looking at the parts diagram for the cooling system it appears to be self bleeding.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Ducati models
    monsterS4@bimota db6
    that's what i am looking at, a new thermostat has begin fitted and the same problem started again.the reason i am looking at this system is because it stops the cooling system being a
    closed loop system before the thermostat has got up to the right tempriture.

Ducati models
    monsterS4@bimota db6
    Went out on the diavel yesterday with the "breather system" isolated still no change, i have come to the conclusion that the thermostat is not hidden by one of the radiators and is over cooled when ridden.It seems to be a design problem ducati uk know about it so hopefully the problem will be sorted soon.

+ Reply to Thread