+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Sepang

  1. #21
    Join Date
    12.01.2011
    Location
    glasgow
    Ducati models
    08 848, 04 749s
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by gordj65 View Post
    I reckon it will be Lorenzo champion, pedrosa 2nd and rossi third in this years championship anybody else want to have a prediction
    Pretty much the same as i was thinkin, would rather it was reversed though

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to colz For This Useful Post:


  3. #22
    Join Date
    04.01.2008
    Location
    Hamilton
    Ducati models
    916
    Other bikes
    CCM 404 CCM R30 Triumph Speed Triple
    Posts
    424
    I wouldn't rule out Marquez
    Good advice is worth paying for, free advice is free for a reason!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    13.08.2007
    Location
    Carnoustie
    Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Davie View Post
    I wouldn't rule out Marquez
    Me neither, although I think he'll probably end up trying too hard and crashing too often. It certainly sounds like we're in for the best year for a long time.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    22.07.2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Ducati models
    BMW S1000rr race bike
    Other bikes
    Honda crf450r motocross bike
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by miloVanMultistrada View Post
    Me neither, although I think he'll probably end up trying too hard and crashing too often. It certainly sounds like we're in for the best year for a long time.
    I think he crashed today! Fast though bloody fast!
    Michael laverty done a great job on PBM 2nd CRT

  6. #25
    Join Date
    15.08.2011
    Location
    Central
    Ducati models
    Diavel..... nae ST4s :-(
    Posts
    1,128
    Hayden's full interview includes this part (taken from Gpone)

    "We tried to be optimistic, but that's not enough. At the very least we gathered some good data, and now we have plenty of work waiting for us. But I don't think we will have any particular new parts for the next test, also because it's only two weeks away. We need help from the factory, because just making setup changes isn't enough. The staff doesn't have a lot of time, though, and some of them only got started in January. They need to test things before they get to us."


    stuff like 'evolution, not revolution' and 'retesting Rossi's rejected parts' may sound like the right thing to do....but when you are in such deep sh*t, you need big changes....and thats something ducati never managed which is why rossi left.....

    remind me again when was the new engine supposed to debut last year ??? drivability is such an old prob but its still not solved....

    the only thing ducati have to test later this month at sepang is a new front fork....

    dovi's soon gonna realise how bad the situation is..

    the feeling when races come and go and you need to keep explaining the same reason again and again why you werent fast enough......and then they expect you to be optimistic.
    ***************************************************************
    springs to mind.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    13.08.2007
    Location
    Carnoustie
    Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    Posts
    5,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Hayden's full interview includes this part (taken from Gpone)

    "We tried to be optimistic, but that's not enough. At the very least we gathered some good data, and now we have plenty of work waiting for us. But I don't think we will have any particular new parts for the next test, also because it's only two weeks away. We need help from the factory, because just making setup changes isn't enough. The staff doesn't have a lot of time, though, and some of them only got started in January. They need to test things before they get to us."


    stuff like 'evolution, not revolution' and 'retesting Rossi's rejected parts' may sound like the right thing to do....but when you are in such deep sh*t, you need big changes....and thats something ducati never managed which is why rossi left.....

    remind me again when was the new engine supposed to debut last year ??? drivability is such an old prob but its still not solved....

    the only thing ducati have to test later this month at sepang is a new front fork....

    dovi's soon gonna realise how bad the situation is..

    the feeling when races come and go and you need to keep explaining the same reason again and again why you werent fast enough......and then they expect you to be optimistic.
    ***************************************************************
    springs to mind.
    If they are going for a "revolution" approach (and that seems likely since they replaced Preziosi) they've probably written this year off already and will just dedicate time to getting something totally new competitive for next year. They only replaced him in November, so two months to build an all new bike is probably a bit of a stretch.

    If that is the case, it will get worse before it gets better, as the supply of new parts for the "old" bike slowly dries up when resources are switched to the "new" one.

    Or maybe it's taking Audi longer than they thought to saw two wheels of a Le Mans car?!

  8. #27
    Join Date
    01.03.2012
    Location
    Biggar
    Ducati models
    749
    Posts
    76
    I find it a bit of a downer.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    09.01.2006
    Location
    edinburgh area
    Ducati models
    st2, scrambler classic
    Other bikes
    lambretta Serveta Jet 200.Lambretta li silver special 186, Vespa Px210 Nsu Prima 150
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by colz View Post
    Pretty much the same as i was thinkin, would rather it was reversed though
    what, you want pedrosa first!
    the meaning of life, its about finding the silver lining in every situation

  10. #29
    Join Date
    12.01.2011
    Location
    glasgow
    Ducati models
    08 848, 04 749s
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by gordj65 View Post
    what, you want pedrosa first!
    Gettin confussed again gord? Rossi on top where he should be is what am on aboot

  11. #30
    Join Date
    03.02.2013
    Location
    Haddington
    Ducati models
    Pantah 500
    Posts
    30

  12. #31
    Join Date
    03.02.2013
    Location
    Haddington
    Ducati models
    Pantah 500
    Posts
    30

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Sepang test
    By CJK in forum "Craic"
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27.02.2011, 12:17 PM
  2. Sepang test..day 1
    By CJK in forum Ducati Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08.02.2011, 06:03 PM
  3. Sepang GP
    By Cateran in forum "Craic"
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07.11.2010, 02:50 PM
  4. sepang testing
    By gordj65 in forum Ducati Video
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24.01.2007, 10:56 PM
  5. Sepang today ??
    By dseered in forum "Craic"
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24.01.2006, 08:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts