Default Rider Training Video

This has prompted some interesting discussions elsewhere:

"A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission"

My SS resource: www.900ss.proboards.com

Ducati models
    MTS 1200
    Other bikes
    RGV GSXR R1 and YZ 125
    The Jap one is good, bike control at its best.
    Always ride at your own ability and don't panic break.....

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    The lead rider certainly likes the other side of the road, those white lines can be fairly slippery in the wet...

I want one of those silver saloon cars like the one following them - manages to keep up no problem!

Spoiler/Punch-line

4. The Following User Says Thank You to miloVanMultistrada For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    749bp
    Quote Originally Posted by miloVanMultistrada View Post
    those white lines can be fairly slippery in the wet...
    I was wondering that too...
    A WISE man speaks 'coz he has something to say. An IDIOT speaks 'coz he has to say something!

Ducati models
    m750, 749BP
    Soaking road; in left hander very close to white line "for greater visibility". No, not at the beginning of it, right in the middle of it! Really Officer?? If he met 18-wheeler in that bend he would of got slapped like tennis ball

Ducati models
    2000 ST4 1997 ST2 900GTS
    Other bikes
    2001 monster metallic 900ie 1957 650 Triton
    Give them a blue light and they are Invincible

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cp14bob For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    m750, 749BP
    There's some useful advice like moving away from potential hazards and approaching/crossing roundabouts. Would I feel safe going pillion with him? Err.....NO

Ducati models
    Other bikes
    BMW Panzer 1200 GS
    Did a Bikesafe course with the old central scotland force and they recomend being on wrong side of road coming up to bends so you can see further round bend .

i know it sounds mental but did try and yes they are correct but my argument was a car will let you back because you are police but me im likely to get stuck out there because cars will block me out and end up
    facing oncoming.
    I do though have to say they did pass on a lot of helpful tips but some of the things they did i just did not have the bottle to attempt

Ducati models
    None any more
    Other bikes
    Triumph Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by golddesk View Post
    Soaking road; in left hander very close to white line "for greater visibility". No, not at the beginning of it, right in the middle of it! Really Officer?? If he met 18-wheeler in that bend he would of got slapped like tennis ball
    Brilliant piece of riding !
    Remember you are seeing the view from camera on bike behind some distance back. The rider in front's view will be excellent.
    Also notice no braking at corners, anticipates ahead and selects correct gear.
    I did the Bikesafe course in Fife a few years ago even though i have been riding for over 30 years but maybe not doing so many miles as i used to and it was well worth it.
    The cop who led us was on a basic Jap 600 i think and was making fast progress on country roads with no braking at all. There was two guys on big Jap sportsbikes and they just couldn't make the same progress as him. They couldn't get their heads around the 'non braking' and correct positioning etc.

Ducati models
    m750, 749BP
    Watched video again; apart of bit "on wrong side" I do pretty much all of it except (Miles pointed out earlier) crossing the line so much, in dry so so, being so wet, no no. To me anyway. As for "seeing further" "racing line" gives me enough time (this is assumption one need to understand BEFORE getting on bike; all depends on how good your peripheral vision is) to assess MOST possible obstacles. If that's not enough (tractor pulls in front of you just after blind corner) you were probably hitting it anyway. Or facing oncoming. I've heard Jackie Stewart saying couple to James May: "into bend as slow as possible, out of bend as fast as possible" and "never get on throttle before you sure you wont have to get off it" or something like that. That was in a car but one can certainly apply that to riding motorcycle. As advice go I personally have benefited more from those two than most of that video

P.S. Mike, pretty much all of us here been riding bikes for over 30 years
    Last edited by golddesk; 25.04.2014 at 01:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread