+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence...

Ducati models
    Bevel 900SS x 2, 900GTS
    Other bikes
    On One 29er Scandal

Default Independence...

Whatever you choose, good luck Scotland.

Rather than clogging up this post with a Yes/No argument in which I am not entitled to vote, I posted my thoughts on cybernat.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vacant Possession For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miloVanMultistrada For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Bevel 900SS x 2, 900GTS
    Other bikes
    On One 29er Scandal
    Quote Originally Posted by miloVanMultistrada View Post
    Mind if I plagiarise the link?

I don't usually have much in common with Monbiot but it is an interesting read.
    Last edited by Vacant Possession; 04.09.2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Monbiot...

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacant Possession View Post
    Mind if I plagiarise the link?

I don't usually have much in common with Monbiot but it is an interesting read.
    Plagiarise away!

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    What I find amusing and disturbing in equal measures are that many of the same people who don't want Scotland to be independant, DO want the UK to leave the EU.

There's nowt as queer as folk!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to miloVanMultistrada For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Troy Bayliss 1098 & 900SL
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    It will be a shame if it is a yes vote.
    then I will need to sell up and move to Barcelona.
    This will result in me missing all the Ducati Espania Club run outs .
    Mind you their not Spanish in Barcelona, but Catalanions. .
    ROLL ON THE VOTE SO I CAN GET BACK TO WATCHING AND LISTENING TO DECENT TV.
    Home & away and neighbours.
    Scott C

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic
    A really good read there

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Bevel 900SS x 2, 900GTS
    Other bikes
    On One 29er Scandal
    Yes, it is an interesting read and a lot of it makes sense, however following/reading Monbiot who isn't the brightest intellectual in the rather sad bunch does involve a suspension of disbelief, mind engagement and a quick 'hang on... something is not right here' kind of process.

Ducati models
    900SS, 748
    Other bikes
    Triton, Norton ,Chang Jiang
    Considering this is from the BBC I thought it was a very interesting read.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29011507

Good luck from Norway.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serious Black For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    M900 project
    Other bikes
    Sprint 1050 ST
    Far too many questions not getting answered from all involved politically for anyone to make a fully informed decision.... I really am quite worried about the future.
    There are only 10 types of people... those that understand binary and those that don't.

Ducati models
    (Used to)M600 now on Jap
    Other bikes
    Kawa ZR7
    another interesting view and one I am willing to believe in as a military veteran
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...tter-1-3526265

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulV View Post
    Far too many questions not getting answered from all involved politically for anyone to make a fully informed decision.... I really am quite worried about the future.
    And you weren't worried about it before?

Spoiler/Punch-line

Ducati models
    S4R
    Other bikes
    BSA B34 Goldie, BSA A7 Special, Honda NC23, Norton Fastback 750
    Well...I believe that this particular topic should be left out of this forum - there's plenty other forums having issues with differing opinions about YES/no kicking around.

However now its here, for anyone lacking in answers - no excuses. Have a read of this...

http://theweebluebook.com/

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 900triple For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Bevel 900SS x 2, 900GTS
    Other bikes
    On One 29er Scandal
    Quote Originally Posted by 900triple View Post
    Well...I believe that this particular topic should be left out of this forum - there's plenty other forums having issues with differing opinions about YES/no kicking around.

However now its here, for anyone lacking in answers - no excuses. Have a read of this...

Yes, that's where Dave (admin @ cybernats) suggested I posted too. As I am not entitled to a vote I am not a stakeholder - but I am interested.

Thanks for the link, read in its entirety (and distributed).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Vacant Possession For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    What I find amusing and disturbing in equal measures are that many of the same people who don't want Scotland to be independant, DO want the UK to leave the EU.

There's nowt as queer as folk!
    Yes but you over look the fact that the English and Scott's have a lot in common which neither of us have with Europe.

Ducati models
    Paul...you hit the nail on the head, everyone knows really that the departure of Scotland from the UK will make little difference to the English but it will be the death of the labour party as an electable force. Fortunately we have the labour party Mk2 which we call the conservatives
    I suspect that even if the Scottish people vote to stay in the UK it will be short lived as Salmond will simply keep holding referendums until he wins. Very much like the Europeans do if they don't get their way the first time. The danger is it will set Scotland on course for years of infighting.
    The fact is If Scotland goes the UK will lose a partnership of 8.3%, Scotland will lose a partnership of 91.7% !! It might not make much odds to the English but its a decision and a half for the Scottish.
    Personally its not going to effect me as an Englishman either way but i hope it works for the Scott's whichever way they go.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ducatipaddy For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Quote Originally Posted by 900triple View Post

I disagree, i think this is a topic that needs to be discussed on every forum, bus, train and pub. The ramifications could be life changing for good or bad to the Scottish people and if blanket cover enables one more person to make an informed decision that has to be good..

Ducati models
    Streetfighter 848
    Disagree with the labour party collapse post Yes comment - If you take the Scottish vote out of all General Elections since WWII its only effected the outcome twice in '64 and '74 - The Scottish vote has no impact on a Westminster Government - for many up here that's one of the strongest arguments for Indy - actually get a government you vote for.

example - Scotland has voted Labour overwhelming in every election since 1955 - but for 38 of the last 68 years a Tory government has been in power

As for the rest there won't be a strengthening of Hadrians wall post Yes vote - the partnership still exists but Scotland may have more control in areas of the Economy or not depending on the outcome of the separation negotiations. Will Scottish business lose all there English contracts overnight? - will Scottish Power suddenly stop selling excess capacity to England will........ well you get the idea

It will be different and as we know the biggest thing that most people are scared of is change

Hey - and i'm English
    I'll love you with all the madness in my soul

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Andrew H For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaddy View Post
    Yes but you over look the fact that the English and Scott's have a lot in common which neither of us have with Europe.
    Much of what is in common is probably a direct result of the union - i.e. would Scots have chosen the same path if they weren't pulled along it by England + Wales?

Scotland won't float off into the Atlantic if it becomes an independent nation, the same common history, values & culture will continue exist. In a similar way to the French and Belgians, the Americans and Canadians, etc.

Travelling around Europe two things strike me:

- People are the same wherever you go.

- The UK is punching below its weight when it comes to quality of life for it's citizens - especially the case when you compare it to other Northern European nations. Nothing I've seen in the last decade fills me with any hope this will change soon, if ever.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miloVanMultistrada For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaddy View Post
    it will be the death of the labour party as an electable force.
    Only in England. Labour will likely continue to do well in Scotland and Wales.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to miloVanMultistrada For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast