+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 Touring: CANADA!!! Any one done it?

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800

Default 2015 Touring: CANADA!!! Any one done it?

Yes, Not Europe I know...

Following what seems to be our IOM TT let-down, Norrie-San was inspired by an MCN article recently on touring in Canada.

I see its available now, here:

https://vancouver.cyclebc.ca/sites/v...dia/canada.pdf

Vancouver and British Columbia to be precise.

Thinking of August 2015 and a 10 day tour, bikes to be hired (probably GS BMW's), expensive but, I gotta say, after reading some reviews and the scenery from the Rocky Mountains ALONE, I'm inspired too.

This is the tour company I've contacted:

https://vancouver.cyclebc.ca

Comments, very welcome

"A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission"

My SS resource: www.900ss.proboards.com

Ducati models
    1200 Multistrada S Sport
    Other bikes
    BMW F800GT and Kymco Downtown 125 Scooter
    In 2003 Gill and I toured the Canadian Rockies with a company called Rocky Mountain Motorcycles http://www.rockymtnmoto.com/

The tour started in Whistler then headed up to Sun Peaks, Jasper, over the Icefield Parkway to Lake
    Louise and Banff. It also took in Nelson and Kelowna before heading back to Whistler. The tour was for a total of 10 days riding, bike hire, all Triumphs at the time and all luxury accommodation which included all meals and drinks. The tour was guided and there was a support vehicle with luggage which was taken to and from your room. The only thing to pay was petrol.

The Canadian roads in both BC and Alberta are of very high quality and the scenery and wildlife is spectacular. Think of it as Scotland on steroids. The Canadians are really friendly and Whistler is magical.

If you need any more information give me a shout.
    It's better to arrive late than DEAD on time.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ross7801 For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800
    Thanks Ross, I might well be dropping you a line in the future.

Seems the company you used might have gone under, website is deceased.

But some promo videos still live on in YouTube...

Cheers - Frank

Ducati models
    Im From Vancouver. The ride is one of the best things you do. If you can find a place that rents bikes don't need a tour guide Vancouver to whistler is bout a 2 hour ride. good for a day trip. Vancouver to Jasper is about 9 hours stop off in kamloops for lunch. Jasper to banff about a four hour ride banff back to vancouver about 9 hours. Best time to go is mid july to mid august mid 20's to low 30s in the day take your time and have fun.

http://www.eaglerider.com/motorcycle...otorcycle-tour prob going to be a harley. once you get into the rockies and some twisties yo will be wishing you had the Ducati

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrmcphisto For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800
    Welcome mrmcphisto!

Thanks the reply, all booked up now with the BC-Cycle company I mentioned in my first post. Only problem has been flights so far, thought I'd done really well finding new flights out of the UK with Westjet (new service from Glasgow for 2015) but they have made our two stop flight into a THREE stop flight already and have been a PAIN to get hold of!

Enough teeth grinding anyways - GS1200 BMW's are booked for us and a brief overview of our two week vacation hopefully, is below:

Would be nice to do some detailed planning but I'm having so much fun pulling my remaining hair out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iconic944ss For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    check out canadianaffair.co.uk for flights thats hat me and the wife use usually the cheapest. more then likely be a flight from her to toronto or calgary then n to vancouver. Westjet was like flybe or another discount airline now they are a little more pricey. Vancouver and whistler can get very expensive fast. highway 1 from vancouver to hope is boring and very busy during the rush hour. once you get past hope you are in the mountains and some nice roads roads. plenty of places to stop for a break as well. if you want to ask anythng just shoot me a pm

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrmcphisto For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    SP4, 851 Tric, Mhr, Ncr r
    Other bikes
    Panigale Anniversary, Millie R, Tuono, K1600, Multistrada dvt,
    Wow, that makes my annual tour of Europe a run to the shops, now you got me thinking 2015 sorted but 2016? need to have a chat with he wife.

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800
    Just had a look through our Itinerary and am surprised at the lack of distances really, for our two weeks. Pleased about the Day 1 ride past 'Hope', boring is good as it will give us time to get used to different bikes and riding styles in Canada. Total base mileage for the two week vacation is 1700 miles.

We have Four 'off' days where we get to choose activities or ride to our choice of destination - there are three days in the middle when we ride and change hotels each day.

To put the distances in some perspective Italy 2012 I did 2300 miles in 10 days & WDW 2014: 2700 miles in two weeks... (but with a lot of.... 'sight seeing')

Im too close to the problems at the moment, once I start mapping routes and seeing the hotels & places on the 'net, I'll be more enthusiastic - oh yeah, such as there is a BMW & Ducati dealships in the same garage, just outside Vancouver, thats gotta be worth a visit ;-)

Ducati models
    Numptystrada 1200S (T)
    Quote Originally Posted by iconic944ss View Post
    (but with a lot of.... 'sight seeing')
    Don't tell me you popped in to see the ladies in Bologna again Frank?

Canada trip sounds like a blast!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miloVanMultistrada For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    the ducati/bmw dealership i believe is in Langley. you will cry when you see how much they pay for bikes after you do the conversion lol . Remember lane splitting is illegal there and brings on a $500 fine and not being from there will more then likely be payable on the spot. any places you want to know about let me know. im sure i can rustle up some mates to get you around. People there really do not pay attention to Bikes and do not care (Watch out for chinese drivers) honestly worst drivers you will see speed limit from down town vancouver to just past langley is 80kph but veryone does 110 or 70mph

i would ride from Edmonton to Vancouver and back in a weekend leave friday come back monday total of 2600kms can do it one way in 11 hours soooo you will have plenty of time to stop and see stuff
    Make sure you go to the Banff hotsprings

checkpoint g on your map i would go down to penticton Great party town
    summer babes a plenty lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrmcphisto For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800
    Our updated route for 26 DAYS TIME !!!

The start point is Vancouver, covered by the flag 'J' on the map. We have 'lost' a day sight-seeing there but both figured seeing Vancouver Island would be a worthy sacrifice.
    Last edited by iconic944ss; 04.11.2015 at 09:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread