+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: World Ducati Week

Ducati models
    749bp
    Looks like Ducati have shot themselves in the foot.

Bowing to pressure from (worldwide?) club feedback they changed the wdw ticket sign up without thinking about it. Yes it has made it easier for the club committee as they havent had to do the ticket purchasing themselves but it might have shifted the problem elsewhere then back again by creating extra work for the club committee when members cant purchase tickets personally then seek help from the club to get their tickets.

some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to make it a member email only system, but then data protection laws (in italy similar as uk) meant they could only send members the email if they had consent. Some members had already given this when they originally signed up to clubs (but some also hadnt) so some bright spark thought it a good idea to send out that email requiring members to then update their password hoping they consent to marketing and profiling activities without making it clear. only thats 2 boxes to tick yes to, and nowhere did they make it clear that you had to tick one (or both) of them to get the email to get the code to get discount wdw tickets. So yes Ducati are forcing people to sign up, because if you dont sign up and tick the box consenting to marketing you cant get the code to get tickets.....

Consent for the processing of personal data
    In my capacity as Data Subject, I have read the information provided in the privacy policy pursuant to Article 13 of the Code on Privacy and under my rights pursuant to Article 7 of the Code reported above, and I hereby consent to the processing of my personal data and their transfer outside the European Union

for the purposes under item (ii) of the Privacy policy [marketing activities]
    NO YES

for the purposes under item (iii) of the Privacy policy [profiling activities]
    NO YES

now the marketing one is what you need to tick if you want the wdw tickets.....but get this...pay particular attention to the smallprint=

(ii) to allow exclusively Ducati to conduct marketing activities, i.e. to send advertising material and newsletters, to carry out activities of commercial information on promotional and commercial initiatives of Ducati, its network of sales and service and its partners, for direct selling, for the performance of market and customer satisfaction surveys, as well as for statistical purposes using aggregate data or data in anonymous format. These activities will be carried out via e-mail, SMS (Short Message Service), via paper mail and through telephone calls via operator. Only to these purposes your personal data may be transmitted by Ducati to companies having a contractual relationship with Ducati (such as market research and data processing companies, advertising companies, Internet Service Providers, ICT service companies, communications companies, data processing companies), to companies of the Ducati group, to Ducati subsidiary companies, or to companies part of the Ducati sales and assistance network (such as branches, importers, dealers, distributors, garages), even established outside European Union and that may do not ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data according to European Union privacy regulation, and in this case these subjects will process data only for the above-mentioned purposes; data will be brought to the other data processors and persons in charge of the processing (arts. 29 and 30 of the Privacy Code) knowledge designated by Ducati and by said subjects. If now you wish to authorize such activities and afterwards you do not wish to receive further communications, or you would like to limit the ways in which to be contacted, it will be sufficient to send an e-mail to [email protected] at any time;
    A WISE man speaks 'coz he has something to say. An IDIOT speaks 'coz he has to say something!

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by cp14bob View Post
    "ignoring members legal rights to data protection."

They are not Ignoring Anyones Legal Right They are upholding Data Protection Rights
    They are only asking members to sign-up (Some people had Already Done as they recieved a "update password" email from Ducati)
    Ducati are Not forcing Anyone to sign-up

Ducati are doing it this way after most DOC clubs (at least 2 of the UKs 4 clubs - not the SDC) complained about the original purchase system - done by Club Committee for the members going to WDW

Every one has three Choices to buy WDW Tickets

1 Full Price
    2 Discounted from Dealer
    3 Through the DOC System
    Only if you tick the box allowing them to hand out your data

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieT View Post

some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to make it a member email only system, but then data protection laws (in italy similar as uk) meant they could only send members the email if they had consent. Some members had already given this when they originally signed up to clubs (but some also hadnt) so some bright spark thought it a good idea to send out that email requiring members to then update their password hoping they consent to marketing and profiling activities without making it clear. only thats 2 boxes to tick yes to, and nowhere did they make it clear that you had to tick one (or both) of them to get the email to get the code to get discount wdw tickets. So yes Ducati are forcing people to sign up, because if you dont sign up and tick the box consenting to marketing you cant get the code to get tickets.....
    Absolutely and I demand that the club do something about. At the very least register a complaint.

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    I,ve forgotten my password for the doc to purchase a wdw pass. The links that they have sent me to recover or renew my password do not work. Sent them an email but i will not expect a reply this year. Any suggestions would help.

Ducati models
    1978 900GTS 1997 ST2
    Other bikes
    2001 monster metallic 900ie 1957 650 Triton
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Absolutely and I demand that the club do something about. At the very least register a complaint.
    And as it has made as soon as the purchase details were announced Phone calls have been made and received and the email system had been used

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by cp14bob View Post
    And as it has made as soon as the purchase details were announced Phone calls have been made and received and the email system had been used

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    For information:
    The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is already in force and is currently in a period of implementation with the deadline for compliance set for 25 May 2018 by which time Ducati MUST comply with it. https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...gulation-gdpr/

Further, there are some key changes that will affect grassroots clubs and will need to be addressed by the Scottish Ducati Club.
    A very good article on this can be found at: https://shadow.cat/blog/mark-keating/2017/013-GDPR-01/

Not a lot of action required, but from what I can determine the club MUST take that action. I may be wrong, but best to check in case Iím notÖ..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    1978 900GTS 1997 ST2
    Other bikes
    2001 monster metallic 900ie 1957 650 Triton
    This was done months ago we do not have to Register as we as a club keep data for a "Recreational Reason" and comply with the DPA (Old Rules)

Quote from our on-line assessment

Organisations or individuals who only process personal data for judicial functions, to maintain a public register or for domestic or recreational reasons are exempt. You therefore do not have to register with the ICO.
    However, it is important that you continue to adhere to the principles of the Data Protection Act (DPA) and understands best practice for managing information. To help ensure you are complying with the DPA, we have produced a range of training materials including practical toolkits, training videos and more.
    You can still register voluntarily if you wish.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cp14bob For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    Just paid for my pass. Just incase anyone forgets there doc password and asks for a password recovery,the link they send you is a bit strange. It will work only if you highlight it,copy it and then paste it to the top bar. Ray.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ray wynn For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    SP4, 851 Tric, Mhr, Ncr r
    Other bikes
    Panigale Anniversary, Millie R, Tuono, K1600, Multistrada dvt,
    We have sorted our though DOC system, seems to have gona ok. However will only rest when I see tickets in my had.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RWG For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2