+ Reply to Thread

Thread: End of an era 2

Default End of an era 2

Well attended the agm and tried to put my case forward in relation to a gagging order being placed on any customer that has an opinion. I sat for a significant amount of time listening to all things ducati and as requested at my meeting with said individual said nothing. When the time came to respond as requested the committee quickly shut me down. It isnít personnel I assure you - my bikes been damaged many times since 2004 with over 200k full service and all parts etc purchased from DG. Frustrated last year and getting knowhere I approached the management structure and hit a dead end and took to the forum with a thread. I was approached in the shop and a meeting requested with my wife present as witness regarding my thread. Unbelievable? I agreed to a meeting with another member of staff as witness. It was laid out if I didnít remove the thread I would be banned from the only ducati shop in Scotland. How many people would tolerate that never mind the request for my wife presence so this individual could shout at me. This is my last visit to the forum and all things SDC so some individuals will be extremely happy. Iíve met some great people many of which are in DG, and hope to keep in contact. Feel free to delete as I donít care anymore and wonít visit dun again.
    All the best.
    Geoff

Ducati models
    Troy Bayliss 1098 & 900SL
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    Hope to see you out and about at some time Geoff. All the best Chiz.
    Scott C

Ducati models
    Other bikes
    CCM 404 CCM R30 Triumph Speed Triple
    Spill the beans Geoff
    And all the best
    Good advice is worth paying for, free advice is free for a reason!

Ducati models
    M1100 Evo, Scrambler
    I don’t want to get in the middle of anything here however could this be resolved with a direct, frank and honest chat to resolve the issues.
    Here comes the thunder

Ducati models
    1978 900GTS 1997 ST2
    Other bikes
    2001 monster metallic 900ie 1957 650 Triton
    I am Sorry to Lose you from DUN as it is NOT a Scottish Ducati Club Forum
    WE are only Part of the User Group

No one needs to be a SDC member or in Any Club to be part of and use DUN

I hope you change your mind on leaving DUN Geoff

Bob SDC President

also sent as a PM

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cp14bob For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Bevels, Belts & Gears
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Well attended the agm and tried to put my case forward in relation to a gagging order being placed on any customer that has an opinion. I sat for a significant amount of time listening to all things ducati and as requested at my meeting with said individual said nothing. When the time came to respond as requested the committee quickly shut me down. It isnít personnel I assure you - my bikes been damaged many times since 2004 with over 200k full service and all parts etc purchased from DG. Frustrated last year and getting knowhere I approached the management structure and hit a dead end and took to the forum with a thread. I was approached in the shop and a meeting requested with my wife present as witness regarding my thread. Unbelievable? I agreed to a meeting with another member of staff as witness. It was laid out if I didnít remove the thread I would be banned from the only ducati shop in Scotland. How many people would tolerate that never mind the request for my wife presence so this individual could shout at me. This is my last visit to the forum and all things SDC so some individuals will be extremely happy. Iíve met some great people many of which are in DG, and hope to keep in contact. Feel free to delete as I donít care anymore and wonít visit dun again.
    All the best.
    Geoff
    I feel your pain Geoff and it's a sad state of affairs and I'm not often on here but I'm sure there will be many including myself that will miss your knowledge, wit and banter on DUN.

Chin up and all the best.

Scott
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    - Albert Einstein.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scott 888 For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    well attended the agm and tried to put my case forward in relation to a gagging order being placed on any customer that has an opinion. I sat for a significant amount of time listening to all things ducati and as requested at my meeting with said individual said nothing. When the time came to respond as requested the committee quickly shut me down. It isn’t personnel i assure you - my bikes been damaged many times since 2004 with over 200k full service and all parts etc purchased from dg. Frustrated last year and getting knowhere i approached the management structure and hit a dead end and took to the forum with a thread. I was approached in the shop and a meeting requested with my wife present as witness regarding my thread. Unbelievable? I agreed to a meeting with another member of staff as witness. It was laid out if i didn’t remove the thread i would be banned from the only ducati shop in scotland. How many people would tolerate that never mind the request for my wife presence so this individual could shout at me. This is my last visit to the forum and all things sdc so some individuals will be extremely happy. I’ve met some great people many of which are in dg, and hope to keep in contact. Feel free to delete as i don’t care anymore and won’t visit dun again.
    All the best.
    Geoff
    hi geoff, it was nice meeting you at the masher 2017. Enjoyed your crack and knowledge of ducati,s especially 109eights. Keep your head high. Cheers ray.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ray wynn For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    900SD
    another Major loss to the club

+ Reply to Thread