+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flash the ecu or set up a race ecu

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.

Default Flash the ecu or set up a race ecu

I have a small carbon after- market exuast fitted to my multistrada 1200s ,which is spitting out petrol. The fueling will need adjusting. Can i get the ecu flashed/mapped or do i need to fit a race ecu and have it flashed/mapped. ?

Ducati models
    M 1200R M S4RS 999S
    Other bikes
    strimmer, lawnmower & leafblower
    Hi Ray, will give you a shot of my monster, had a power commander fitted when Richie made me a link pipe & end can, Stuart Young dyno'd it & it's fueled perfectly, Chappie could sort you out over on the Black Isle.

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    same question again, but this time i dont want to here about monsters, no dyno,s or power commanders. the bike has 4 mods so lets keep it simple. my other bikes have power commanders and have been dynoed.

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic
    Ray, the 2010 -2012 models had a race ECU that came with the Termi system. Later models had an upmap that came with the Termi but I doubt if the race ECU or the umap were ever available on there own.
    CJS Racing can do a custom upmap but won't do a postal service, they want the bike on the premises and given that they are in Bristol that's probably out of the question.
    An alternative is Cornerspeed, an official Ducati service centre and although based in Nottinghamshire will do a postal service. You send the ECU and they will reflash it with a Rexxer map to suit the bike and send it back to you. Neil, the owner is a long term Ducati enthusiast, has a very good reputation in the Ducati world and is very helpful.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    ray, the 2010 -2012 models had a race ecu that came with the termi system. Later models had an upmap that came with the termi but i doubt if the race ecu or the umap were ever available on there own.
    cjs racing can do a custom upmap but won't do a postal service, they want the bike on the premises and given that they are in bristol that's probably out of the question.
    An alternative is cornerspeed, an official ducati service centre and although based in nottinghamshire will do a postal service. You send the ecu and they will reflash it with a rexxer map to suit the bike and send it back to you. Neil, the owner is a long term ducati enthusiast, has a very good reputation in the ducati world and is very helpful.
    thanks derek, that guy sounds ideal. I will just have to check that it is a race ecu fitted and not a standard one.

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    What year is your Multi and what exhaust is on it? Does the dash say "MTS1200 RACE" at power on?

Ducati models
    ST3s, 848 Evo Corse SE
    Other bikes
    SV650, Previous Life: Suzi 850G and Katana 1000
    Stuart Young also has Upmapps for Multis

HTH
    In Theory, Practice and Theory are the same. In Practice they are different.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTimNiceBut For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    its 2011. no is reads mts 1200. should have known that from my 1098. its the stubby carbon can, not sure about the link pipe.

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ray wynn View Post
    its 2011. no is reads mts 1200. should have known that from my 1098. its the stubby carbon can, not sure about the link pipe.
    A 2011 fitted with a full Termi system would have had the 'race' ECU. A short Termi or other end can with or without the cat still in place would have the standard ECU. If you have a de-cat link pipe you'd be better with the ECU flashed as mentioned above. I don't know who Stuart Young is but I'm sure Tim can enlighten us.

Ducati models
    600 TT 600TL M750 750SS
    Other bikes
    BSA 441 VICTOR,Ducati 250 scrambler Triumph 5ta, Tribsa,Montessa Cota, Gilera
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    AI don't know who Stuart Young is but I'm sure Tim can enlighten us.
    Talented guy https://www.facebook.com/stuartyoungtuning/ I used him for the wee hybrid and a lot of friends have used him in the past with good feedback.
    Wha's Like Us?

Damn Few And They're A' Died!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sam For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    I phoned some of the recommended names and i have been advised that the exhaust box fitted with cat collects a lot of moisture,which will spit out a lot especially with a short end can fitted. I gave the moisture a wipe and it does not seem to smell of pure fuel.

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    The combustion process produces a lot of water as steam (and CO2,etc). At start up with a cold system some of the steam will condense in the exhaust and will spit out as water droplets but as it heats up, and the cat gets very hot, there should be no water evident. If the cat is doing it's job there should no unburnt fuel in the moisture, but that's not to say that there will be no unburnt fuel leaving the engine. The cat will burn it up, that's what it's there for.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    748SPS, 748SP, MTS,
    Other bikes
    S1000XR, Honda NSR250R, MV Agusta F4 750
    Nelly on Ducati Forum (Cornerspeed) will do a ReXxer remap by post. Tell him your spec and he'll select the appropriate one. Made my Multi much smoother and better to ride. C200+. Worst bit is getting the ECU out. It CAN be done without removing the fairing panels, but it's not worth the faff on-take them off and see what you're doing.
    My best exhaust system was a full Termi one-no cat but a big, long end can. That has the different ECU-reads MTS 1200 Racing on startup.

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibgarrow View Post
    nelly on ducati forum (cornerspeed) will do a rexxer remap by post. Tell him your spec and he'll select the appropriate one. Made my multi much smoother and better to ride. C200+. Worst bit is getting the ecu out. It can be done without removing the fairing panels, but it's not worth the faff on-take them off and see what you're doing.
    My best exhaust system was a full termi one-no cat but a big, long end can. That has the different ecu-reads mts 1200 racing on startup.
    yes, i had a look at the ecu and the fuel tank off would make it much easier aswell. Thanks.

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    No need to take the tank right off. Remove the panels and take the screws out but just lift the tank far enough to access the ECU. There is a single screw and 2 plugs IIRC.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    748SPS, 748SP, MTS,
    Other bikes
    S1000XR, Honda NSR250R, MV Agusta F4 750
    While you do have the tank up or off, check that the wiring loom isn't trapped or chafing as it runs underneath.

+ Reply to Thread