+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bike off road update

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic

Default Bike off road update

Since the previous thread was closed by one of the moderators, presumably fearful that one of our sponsors might be offended, although I have been careful only to state facts on here, so I have opened a new thread.
    Well I had a call from DG today. The parts have indeed arrived from Italy and my bike will be worked on tomorrow. They were keen to stress that parts, even o-rings, are often updated and their specification changed so it is important, particularly for a warranty claim that the latest parts are fitted, hence the delay. Fair enough, there is no arguing with that. The good news is that I will have my bike back by the end of the week
    I will add that DG have been very good at keeping me up to date and sorting out the problem as fast as they could and given their recent problems they have done very well.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    MTS 1200s DVT
    Other bikes
    GasGas EC 300.
    That's good news indeed Derek
    TO BE ALWAYS SURE OF HITTING THE TARGET, SHOOT FIRST, THEN CALL WHATEVER YOU HIT THE TARGET.

Ducati models
    Troy Bayliss 1098 & 900SL
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    The service and spares team are great at DG. I just think it's the lack of spares on the shelf nowadays and delivery time from the suppliers nowadays.
    My company used to stock plenty of spares on the shelf and only a 10 day turn around to get it from order to offshore. Now we order in the basics and it's a 4 to 6 week delivery offshore.
    Hope my ordered in clutch arrives before I get home on August 20th.
    Scott C

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    I think Martin stated at the AGM that they had thinned down their spares stock, which is fine if the bits you need are readily and quickly available. But a 10 day turn around for parts is really not acceptable for a VOR situation, Ducati should be aiming for a 2 day maximum and I don't think that's unreasonable. I believe that Ducati have recently moved all their parts to a new warehouse and this has caused huge delays with supply but hopefully that should be sorted out soon if not already.

You have 4 weeks until the Masher Chiz, I'm sure you'll be fine God knows how your company survives with delivery times like that? Cutting down on spares stocked to save a few pounds but then having long delays for parts must surely cost them much more in lost production.

Ducati models
    Troy Bayliss 1098 & 900SL
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I think Martin stated at the AGM that they had thinned down their spares stock, which is fine if the bits you need are readily and quickly available. But a 10 day turn around for parts is really not acceptable for a VOR situation, Ducati should be aiming for a 2 day maximum and I don't think that's unreasonable. I believe that Ducati have recently moved all their parts to a new warehouse and this has caused huge delays with supply but hopefully that should be sorted out soon if not already.

You have 4 weeks until the Masher Chiz, I'm sure you'll be fine God knows how your company survives with delivery times like that? Cutting down on spares stocked to save a few pounds but then having long delays for parts must surely cost them much more in lost production.
    We look ahead and order all our basic items 8 weeks in advance. We now carry "pad stock" at the queyside for urgent call outs if the plan deviates. It's an interesting balancing game.
    Scott C

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    The SS is now back at home but the weather has of course turned and I haven't had a chance to get out on it yet. The work required appears to have been fairly extensive but it is all looking as good as new

+ Reply to Thread