+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ducati Glasgow (where do we start)

Ducati models
    M1100 Evo, Scrambler
    For me personally I love ducati bikes and there are no better bikes to ride.

Having confidence in a dealership that my bike will be looked after correctly is my only interest. This has popped up just as I’m looking at 15k service so it’s piqued my interest.

It’s fair to say that after Reading this thread my confidence is pretty low. And I’ll look at other service options.
    Here comes the thunder

Ducati models
    Ducati 900 Supersport
    Other bikes
    Ducati S2r Monster KTM 990 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson1000 View Post

Having confidence in a dealership that my bike will be looked after correctly is my only interest. This has popped up just as I’m looking at 15k service so it’s piqued my interest.

It’s fair to say that after Reading this thread my confidence is pretty low. And I’ll look at other service options.
    Personally I think this is an excellent thread, honest and true.
    Call them and talk to them, get a full explanation of what you want done and expected time frame
    you can run............ but I'd rather be on my Monster

Ducati models
    MultiStrada 950
    Martin, thank you for your prompt response however I was really identifying the disparity in service provision and timescales involved.
    Another example of the this was when your staff told me it would take 6 weeks to have a new set of Pirelli Sporpion 2’s fitted (standard equipment for my bike) as there were none to be had in the UK and that the factory in Italy was closed ! Jim Allen’s (not a Ducati dealer) procured a set and fitted them (wheels off) the next day- some 60 cheaper than I was Quoted by your staff. (one of a number of examples where I feel Ducati Glasgow let me down)
    I would really like to have the confidence that by using my local Ducati Dealership - in Scotland - I could and would be treated as a valued customer but sadly, don’t !

Ducati models
    Panigale V4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson1000 View Post

That's a real shame as the comments on this forum are only a particularly tiny cross section of our customer base.

With 6 full time technicians on the Ducati side of our business we service anywhere from 3 to 18 Ducatis every day dependent on mileage / requirements / PDI levels etc. I can assure you that the majority of those people are at least satisfied with the service level we offer. However, thats not good enough, we want virtually every person that walks through the door to have the best experience possible and I think that with the changes we are putting in place now, we're going to make that happen rapidly and keep improving.

So, like Brian says, give us a go, I think you'll be presently surprised.
    We have moved premises to 6 Mossland Drive, Hillington Park, Glasgow G52 4FA. Take Junction 26 off M8 towards Arnold Clark, double back at the roundabout and take first left. Approximately 7 minutes drive from the old store at Great Western Road - We'd love to see you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ducati Glasgow For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Panigale V4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Briantheb View Post
    Martin, thank you for your prompt response however I was really identifying the disparity in service provision and timescales involved.
    Another example of the this was when your staff told me it would take 6 weeks to have a new set of Pirelli Sporpion 2’s fitted (standard equipment for my bike) as there were none to be had in the UK and that the factory in Italy was closed ! Jim Allen’s (not a Ducati dealer) procured a set and fitted them (wheels off) the next day- some 60 cheaper than I was Quoted by your staff. (one of a number of examples where I feel Ducati Glasgow let me down)
    I would really like to have the confidence that by using my local Ducati Dealership - in Scotland - I could and would be treated as a valued customer but sadly, don’t !
    I think i've now discussed service provision and timescale to death above so I won't go into that lot again - you can see elsewhere on the forum.

You would have been told 6 weeks because that's how busy the service department was at the time. Priority for us is looking after our customers who have been let down by dreadfully poor and unreliable parts supply from Italy. Until the situation is resolved, that will be the case.

As to Pirelli tyre supply, we deal with a number of suppliers but considering we sell upwards of 1,800 tyres a year are a reasonably good account for them and deal with Pirelli direct (as well as many others I should add). We also use some of the other big distributors to make sure we have a strong next day supply for whatever we need. I'm sure that if we told you there were none in the country, that would have been what Pirelli told us. I have no idea whom Jim Allen uses for tyre supply but it sounds like you were lucky and they had them on the shelf (happens to us sometimes too) - good for them, i'm glad they could help you out.

As to price, I hope you are comparing apples and apples here, did we quote you for on the bike fitting or to loose wheels? Coz interestingly that would be about 60quid of a difference.

I / we have been selling tyres for 16 years into Scotland and have a pretty good idea of what i'm talking about here. We used to use them as a loss-leader to encourage people to come into the store but we were spending so much time fielding pointless tyre price quotes on the phone, it became a waste of time. There's just so little margin in them, it's hard to justify them as being worthwhile, the labour to fit is where you actually earn a crust but it's slim pickings at best. As I said above, it's not hard to see why servicing customers who have been waiting for parts (through no fault of our own) become the number one priority.

Apologies that doesn't suit you but that's the position we have been forced to take.
    Last edited by Martin Ducati Glasgow; 23.08.2018 at 01:08 PM.
    We have moved premises to 6 Mossland Drive, Hillington Park, Glasgow G52 4FA. Take Junction 26 off M8 towards Arnold Clark, double back at the roundabout and take first left. Approximately 7 minutes drive from the old store at Great Western Road - We'd love to see you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3