+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sachsenring to wdw 2018, 3400 miles.

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.

Default Sachsenring to wdw 2018, 3400 miles.

Inverness to chemnitz took me 2 days to get to the moto gp at sachsenring, east germany. This is the best circuit i have been to for close up action. Good grandstands and plenty of beer and food stalls. I would not recommend staying in chemnitz, pick a village close by. Heading south i stayed in rosenhiem, ready for austria. Easy start to the day down to bad tolz. Then the roads got better going to jenbach i stopped at the veiw point at lake achensee, meeting 2 russians heading to the wdw. Sound guys giving me a handfull of goodies of which i reply with a club badge. Then i linked up with the highway passing innsbruck and turned off at oetz, south again to solden. This was another exellent road, fast but not technical. I stayed in solden for the night and did the 2 stage cablecar up to 3048 metres, which most of can be done by motorcycle or 4x4. Next day heading to italy via marano i did the timmeljoch and hochalpenstrasse passes which were amazing, with the motorcycle museum at the toll. Then downwards to m. Campiglio and lake garda finding a hotel with a swimming pool and bikerbar with a band playing in the carpark was a nice bonus. Refreshed i was ready for rimini and i had to stop at the museum at bologna cos the autostrada was a cool 37 degrees. Then south again to ricconie and meet some of the club members attending wdw 2018. End o part 1

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ray wynn For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread