+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Part 2 . Switzerland to zeebrugge

Ducati models
    1098 s, MTS 1200s.
    Other bikes
    Aprilia RSVR.

Default Part 2 . Switzerland to zeebrugge

HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE WDW 2018, GREAT TO COMMUTE EACH DAY IN SHORTS AND A T SHIRT. DEPARTED RICCONIE AND STOPPED AT THE BORDER WITH SWITZERLAND 3-4 HOURS LATER TO REFUEL. GLAD I TOOK ON SOME WATER ON AS THE TEMPERATURE GOING THROUGH THE GOTTHARD TUNNEL WAS 41 DEGREES FOR 10.5 MILES, NO WONDER THERE WAS A TERRIBLE FIRE IN 2001. ARRIVING AT ANDERMATT I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING SOME MOUNTAIN PASSES THE NEXT DAY AFTER SOME PIZZA AND WEISS BEERS. USEING ANDERMATT AS A BASE YOU COULD COVER LOTS OF PASSES IN ANY DIRECTION. I MANAGED TO DO GOTTHARD,NUFENENPASS AND FURKAPASS IN THE MORNING, VARYING FROM ABOUT 2000 m TO 2500 m .THESE PASSES ARE BY FAR THE BEST BIKING DAY I HAVE EVER HAD, THANKS TO THE CLUB PIPER FOR THAT TIP. IN THE AFTERNOON I HEADED FOR FREIBURG IN GERMANY STAYING IN THE BEST PENSION EVER, THE GASTSTATTE PARADIES. GREAT FOOD AND WEISS BEER SERVED IN THE BEER GARDEN. NEXT DAY I LEFT HEADING FOR NURBURG DOING THE B500 FROM FREUDENSTADT TO BADEN BADEN WHICH IS A SUPERB ROAD. I STAYED IN NURBURG FOR THE NIGHT AND MADE MY WAY TO ZEEBRUGGE THE DAY AFTER, MAKING THE PORT WITH LOTS OF TIME TO SPARE. THEN BACK TO SUNNY SCOTLAND. BRING ON ANOTHER GREAT SUMMER.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ray wynn For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread