+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ducati 900ss 1991

Ducati models
    900ss

Default Ducati 900ss 1991

After some deliberation and accepting that Iím not skilled enough or motivated enough to get on with the fettling this bike needs its time to sell it on to someone who is. I bought it 2.5 years ago in the condition you see it now. Itís done just under 28k miles, 0 of which Iíve done. I started it up occasionally for the first year but didnít go anywhere near it last year as I was awaiting a hip replacement and then recovering post surgery.

It comes with two keys, original owners manual, maintenance book, all old MOTís dating back to its first in 1994 and some other receipts including the original bill of sale. I have accumulated some other parts which can be negotiated separately. Looking at similar Ďsoldí project bikes on eBay Iím asking £2500 ono

I canít seem to attach any pics but can email to anyone interested.

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic
    I think the forum prevents new users from posting pictures until the have made a certain number of posts but at 5 psts I think you should be able to.
    When creating or replying to a post (not quick reply) scroll down the page you will see Additional Options and below that Attachments. Click the button that says Manage Attachments and a pop-up will open that allows you to upload pictures from your computer, only 2 at a time though.
    Good luck with the sale.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800
    Although there seems to be a lot of interest the early belt 900's, I would suggest keeping your SS if thats your real desire.

First, there is a wealth of talent to help you in Scotland, Derek himself is easily capable of any maintenance task but, I dare say is in demand these days!

Second, I too had a hip replacement two years ago and have found it difficult to recover. I find my ST4s difficult and sometime precarious to move around and yes, I ache much more post-ride than I used to but, I dont think I slow any ride down and will be damned into giving up riding.

Regards & Good Luck - Frank

PS - The scooter I bought almost for a laugh was the best recovery aid I could of imagined and now I cant stop upgrading my wee beastie - Gilera GP800, 839cc

"A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission"

My SS resource: www.900ss.proboards.com

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pictures- linked from another forum

These bikes are going for quite good money these days so at that asking price and with the extras it should sell easily.

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800
    Thanks Derek.

I really shouldnt ask (but obviously will) - what 'fettling' do you consider the bike needs, please?

I see quite a lot of interesting mods and the choice of half/full fairings and seats is not often seen.

The frame is looking a little tarnished in places but if original is to be expected...

"A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission"

My SS resource: www.900ss.proboards.com

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by iconic944ss View Post
    Thanks Derek.

I really shouldnt ask (but obviously will) - what 'fettling' do you consider the bike needs, please?

I see quite a lot of interesting mods and the choice of half/full fairings and seats is not often seen.

The frame is looking a little tarnished in places but if original is to be expected...
    I take your question is aimed at the OP, not me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    900ss
    Quote Originally Posted by iconic944ss View Post
    Thanks Derek.

Hi Frank,

As itís been sitting a while I reckon the carbs will need cleaning out, fuel system cleaned through, new fluids, new belts and the brakes checked over. It could do with a new chain as itís looking a bit rusty through lack of use. It was MOTíd in 2016 and hasnít gone anywhere since so perhaps not too much work mechanically. Cosmetically the frame is tarnished in places which didnít bother me as it showed itís originality. Thereís not many early ones with half fairings and black calipers it would seem. Iíve got interested parties for the full side fairings, half fairings , seat hump and black mirrors already but Iíd much rather sell the whole lot together for convenience and also I think it is a good package for the next owner to change things around at will.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Golfgeezer For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    900ss
    Bike now sold

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Golfgeezer For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread