+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What the F*** happened?

Ducati models
    ST3s, 848 Evo Corse SE
    Other bikes
    SV650, Previous Life: Suzi 850G and Katana 1000

Default What the F*** happened?

Last Sunday I headed out for a run across to Selkirk, Moffat and all points west, leaving home at ~10:40. I returned home rather earlier than expected at 13:20; with a damaged bike and concussion.

What Happened?

To be honest I don’t know, what I do know is that I filled up in Selkirk at the Shell station (as evidenced by the CC payment) and then somewhere I was hit from behind. I can only assume that I was stationary as the bike hasn’t been over, but the exhaust and the tail fairing of the 848 are damaged. The bruises to my calf and the back of my elbow continue the theme and the only explanation I have for the bruise on the back of my hand is that when the elbow was hit, it pushed forwards and up under the mirror, breaking the front subframe & fairing. Someone helped out with some tape on the front fairing, but whom I have no idea. There are no scrapes on the farings, the bar ends are pristine and my helmet has no new marks, the conclustion by the medical world is that the concussion was caused by whiplash.

Someone has described it as a bit like an Alien abduction...

Was anyone in the Selkirk, St Mary’s Loch area last Sunday (23rd June) lunchtime – did you see anything or hear of anything?

Very grateful for all and any info as to what happened.

Tim

PS - Spent 30 hours in Hospital after the Mrs found me.
    In Theory, Practice and Theory are the same. In Practice they are different.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTimNiceBut For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic
    Jeezuz Tim! It sounds like you've been the victim of a hit and run. No one has owned up to running into you? I guess the main this is that you are relatively ok. I hope there are no complications and you mend soon.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    2000 M900Sie
    Other bikes
    1965 BSA Lightning Clubman
    Sorry to hear that Tim and hope you are on the mend, concussion is NOT nice to have, even worse is the sickness that accompanies it, you have my sympathies .
    As Derek says, it sounds like a hit and run, anyone who does that deserves the full force of the law. Is it possible the person did stop and you can't remember, no written details in your pockets?
    Hope you feel better soon.

Cheers

Ducati models
    888 SP5,916 Strada,DB2SR
    Sorry to hear this - sounds awful.

If you happen to have Google maps on your smart phone, signed into a google account - be aware that it will have recorded your journey that day (unless you have location history explicitly disabled). You can go back a view your exact route, and the timings of that journey, including stops - this might help illustrate your movements that day, and what/where happened. Select "Timeline" from the Google maps menu, then select the date of interest.

Mike

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hindsight For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    ST3s, 848 Evo Corse SE
    Other bikes
    I quite freqently use Scenic or Callimoto to record my rides, but as I was just commuting to Moffat I hadn't bothered turning either app on... As for Google the location awareness is permanantly disabled - I traven abroad for work and I found that it used too much data.

Thanks for the thoughts

I has been suggested that I try the "Bike Runs Scotland" Facebook page to see if there is any info there, I don't know them but if it helps I will try.

Tim

Ducati models
    749bp
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTimNiceBut View Post
    I quite freqently use Scenic or Callimoto to record my rides, but as I was just commuting to Moffat I hadn't bothered turning either app on... As for Google the location awareness is permanantly disabled - I traven abroad for work and I found that it used too much data.

Thanks for the thoughts

I has been suggested that I try the "Bike Runs Scotland" Facebook page to see if there is any info there, I don't know them but if it helps I will try.

Tim
    Hi Tim,

was shocked to read about this.

I can share it and ask for help on a couple of bike pages and hope you get a result.

A WISE man speaks 'coz he has something to say. An IDIOT speaks 'coz he has to say something!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieT For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    95 M900
    Other bikes
    620s.i.e monster/916 bip
    At least your ok thats the main thing i suppose parts/bikes can be replaced people cant. But i do find it odd nobody stuck around with you or was witness to someone rear ending you?
    If it Dosent rattle .....Somthings broken!!

Ducati models
    ST3s, 848 Evo Corse SE
    Other bikes
    Thanks Robbie - Apreciated.

Someone stuck tape on the fairing to hold it together, was it the other party, a witness or just a third party who found me sitting at the side of the road? The crazy part is I must have been verbally functional (I rode 50 odd miles home) but I remember nothing - Total blank.

Tim

Ducati models
    1299 ye ha. Cafe racer
    Sorry to hear about that Tim sounds crazy. Hope your better soon and we see you out and about.

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800
    Hope you are recovering ok Tim & getting good care.

Any head symptoms should obviously not be left untreated.

"A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission"

My SS resource: www.900ss.proboards.com

Ducati models
    MTS 1200 Enduro
    Other bikes
    R1150GSA
    I've a few friends who regularly go down Moffat and st Mary's loch. I'll copy this and let you know if I hear anything

Ducati models
    MTS 1200 Enduro
    Other bikes
    R1150GSA
    Have you spoke to anyone at the shell station or reported it to police. It may be that it has been reported to them and if so an incident may have been raised and closed.

Ducati models
    ST3s, 848 Evo Corse SE
    Other bikes
    I have an open incedent and we have ruled out the Shell station due to the time - but thanks for the thoughts.

Trying to get the Police to look at the bike is another thing altogether...

Tim

+ Reply to Thread