+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What's happened

Ducati models
    Monster 796
    Other bikes
    Aermacchi 344GP Ala d’Oro 1972, Norton ES2 1958, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Sunbeam 250 Semi-Sports 1936, 1926 Raleigh-JAP 350 Special, 1969 Bultaco Matador 250 mk3
    Ok, so now that it’s working again can you remember Douglas asking for wants, wishes, recommendations etc from us, the members? Has anyone thought of something which would be beneficial to the club for the committee to consider? I have to believe that it was a genuine request so if you have any ideas help the committee out.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Domenico For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Troy Bayliss 1098 & 900SL
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenico View Post
    Ok, so now that it’s working again can you remember Douglas asking for wants, wishes, recommendations etc from us, the members? Has anyone thought of something which would be beneficial to the club for the committee to consider? I have to believe that it was a genuine request so if you have any ideas help the committee out.
    Robbie has already offered guidance how to post up in all social media easily.
    Also we posted up that in the past
    "Do you remember the days where EVERY event was on DuN calendar, facebook, and the SDC website for a year in advance. then the DuN chat was always started and discussed about 2 weeks before that particular event?"
    Why can this not be achieved again?
    Two quick fixes that would keep the members informed of activities way in advance.
    Scott C

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiz For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    749bp
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenico View Post
    I suppose members with strong feelings about the club but also willing to stand for the committee positions to help the club run would be a massive help.
    Historically it's always been a struggle to get people on board and willing to do the work required of that role too.
    Committee should operate with 5 but at the moment is down to 4 (3?) So it just puts extra strain on the committee.

Ducati models
    Monster 796
    Other bikes
    Aermacchi 344GP Ala d’Oro 1972, Norton ES2 1958, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Sunbeam 250 Semi-Sports 1936, 1926 Raleigh-JAP 350 Special, 1969 Bultaco Matador 250 mk3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiz View Post
    Robbie has already offered guidance how to post up in all social media easily.
    Also we posted up that in the past
    "Do you remember the days where EVERY event was on DuN calendar, facebook, and the SDC website for a year in advance. then the DuN chat was always started and discussed about 2 weeks before that particular event?"
    Why can this not be achieved again?
    Two quick fixes that would keep the members informed of activities way in advance.
    This being the case, then it’s up to the committee to use the guidance or not. However, as this thread has highlighted interest in the problem regarding communication within the club and there are a number of members who have already said that they would like to see those changes implemented, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect an explanation if the committee decided to go against the wishes of those members who support the guidance.
    Last edited by Domenico; 26.08.2019 at 09:05 PM.

Ducati models
    Monster 796
    Other bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieT View Post
    I suppose members with strong feelings about the club but also willing to stand for the committee positions to help the club run would be a massive help.
    Historically it's always been a struggle to get people on board and willing to do the work required of that role too.
    Committee should operate with 5 but at the moment is down to 4 (3?) So it just puts extra strain on the committee.
    I can relate to that Robbie, we’ve recently lost our treasurer for the local branch of the VMCC and will have difficulty getting someone to replace him.

Ducati models
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    As Robbie states the club struggles with getting committee members.
    But, with Robbies assistance with easier communications then it may pull the club back into shape and have the positive effect we all want.
    The Masher this year pulled in around 15 members and us Auld farts remember the days we had 50 to 60 attend.
    Let's discuss the way forward, making the comms better will assist us all
    Scott C

Ducati models
    Monster 796
    Other bikes
    Too true Chiz, the committee deserves support from the members, nobody volunteers for a club committee to do a bad job, we all want what’s best for the club.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Domenico For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    95 M900
    Other bikes
    620s.i.e monster/916 bip
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiz View Post
    As Robbie states the club struggles with getting committee members.
    But, with Robbies assistance with easier communications then it may pull the club back into shape and have the positive effect we all want.
    The Masher this year pulled in around 15 members and us Auld farts remember the days we had 50 to 60 attend.
    Let's discuss the way forward, making the comms better will assist us all
    Guess that makes me a young......ish Auld fart then
    If it Dosent rattle .....Somthings broken!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wulfie For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    M1100evo MTS950 ST2
    Other bikes
    Speed Triple 1050 Scrambler 865 Daytona 900 Kawa Z900RS
    ref Masher attendance. We have been to the last 2 and take it for what it is and enjoy it. Over the years we have attended various other types of meet ups / rides etc and they all tend to be a bit different to each other. One thing a lot of the other stay away meetups do is have a separate room for the evening meal(s) so everyone can be in the right place at the right time. Some have a charity auction/ quiz after the meal.
    If there used to be 50-60 attending the masher and these missing attendees are still members then is it worth asking why they don't attend anymore. Seems a huge drop in numbers but presumably over many years. One thought we had is is the bank holiday weekend still the best one to hold it on? There are a lot of competing events running eg MotoGP Silverstone etc. Why not move it to September?

Ducati models
    999 Bip
    Maybe this is just part of a wider trend. Over the past couple of years I've seen far fewer bikes on the roads than as little as 5 years ago. Older riders giving up and not being replaced by younger ones for economic reasons? Or the economy generally?
    Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Ducati models
    749u & MTS PP Tricolore
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190901_103503[1].jpg
Views:	25
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	12361 I was at the Italdag in Holland at the weekend, cause i could... I met up Bert n Miriam, hospitality second to none... they said something about trying to get the youth in ducati/italian bikes altogether... At the event they had a section the where the young could join in like a Ducati 18-30's and the rest in another section....

The SDC is a dying breed of the older generation and not lot new breed to keep it going... Besides the two main site this and facebook (and those without FB your not missing much), what other ways is the club being promoted at present...? Card/Flyers on every duke...

Yes everyones notice the attendant drop, but is that because a friend of friend/couple is attending the event or is it ive been there done that attitude, cause that the way i feel... There many events i missed out especially the August bank holiday weekend as ive been doing this for past for years...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebel For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Attachment 12361 I was at the Italdag in Holland at the weekend, cause i could... I met up Bert n Miriam, hospitality second to none... they said something about trying to get the youth in ducati/italian bikes altogether... At the event they had a section the where the young could join in like a Ducati 18-30's and the rest in another section....

The SDC is a dying breed of the older generation and not lot new breed to keep it going... Besides the two main site this and facebook (and those without FB your not missing much), what other ways is the club being promoted at present...? Card/Flyers on every duke...

Yes everyones notice the attendant drop, but is that because a friend of friend/couple is attending the event or is it ive been there done that attitude, cause that the way i feel... There many events i missed out especially the August bank holiday weekend as ive been doing this for past for years...
    You may well have hit it on the head Rebel.
    Most of the SDC club have been up every road in Scotland.

We may need to diversify as a club to make our long weekend meets more interesting.

The Drumnadrochit meet is about dead & buried now, as we have been up every road up there possible.
    If we need to expand the meets we need to look at other areas to go to & that takes organization which we lack at present unfortunately.

I see the Ducati Manchester bunch shoot off abroad for a weekend etc.
    Maybe when the Rosyth to Holland ferry restarts we could organize events abroad.

Again, its all down to people willing to become committee members & assist the SDC grow or at least get back to where it was 4 years ago,

But, your post did raise some very good valid points.

Chiz ( Lord Bayliss of Angus)
    Scott C

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiz For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    888 strada diavel strada
    Other bikes
    1200laverda royal enfield clipper
    Hi chiz, you made a good point there about age as most club members are up in years as we say. I think ducati need to look at a small capacity bike to introduce youngsters to brand, whats your opinion?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vee twin For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Other bikes
    Suzuki GS1000S
    Quote Originally Posted by vee twin View Post
    Hi chiz, you made a good point there about age as most club members are up in years as we say. I think ducati need to look at a small capacity bike to introduce youngsters to brand, whats your opinion?
    It would save my repair bills when I fall off the Bayliss.

I think that's why the Scrambler has been such a hit.
    It may still be a big capacity bike, but it suits the "Younger Generation" & Image orientated group.
    Image is paramount to the younger crew.

I still remember Wolfie on his 696 Monster at the Highland Fling
    Flat out on the tank & seat trying to get a tow off me GOOD TIMES
    Scott C

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4