+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Posting Photos

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic

Default Posting Photos

New members, and some not so new, always seem to have difficulty in posting pictures so I thought I would give some guidance. Please feel free to comment and correct me if I am wrong or there are better methods.

There are 2 ways;

1. As an attachment to your post. (These will appear as thumbnails, clicking on them shows the full size image in a pop-up box.)
    Using the advanced editor, scroll down below the text box to where it says Attachments and click on the Manage attachments
    In the pop-up that opens click Add Files
    Choose the files you want to upload from your computer then click Upload (You can do 2 at a time). They will upload and appear in the attachments window in the pop-up. Repeat this if you have more files to upload. Once you have uploaded your files make sure the ones you want to appear in the post are selected then click Done to put them at the bottom of your post or click Insert Inline to put them within the text at the current cursor position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 11.57.09.png
Views:	10
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	12364

2. As an embedded image.
    Firstly you must upload your pictures to an image hosting site. Photobucket used to be popular but since it started demanding a fee isn't used so much but there are others. Google "Free image hosting"
    Once your photos are uploaded open the one you want on the hosting site.
    Right click on it and select Copy image address
    On DuN in the advanced editor click the icon at the top of the text box that has a tree image and paste the URL of your photo into the pop-up.
    Click OK and the image URL will be pasted into your post between IMG /IMG markers.
    You can then preview your post to see that it looks OK then add more pictures if you like before clicking submit.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread