+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any hyperstrada owners near Glasgow

Ducati models
    Scrambler
    Other bikes
    Does that mean currently? or previously?

Default Any hyperstrada owners near Glasgow

Looking to possibly buy a hyperstrada.
    Currently own a scrambler icon 800. Iíll be keeping that but interested in the hyperstrada for some touring and weekend blasts
    None for sale locally, so if any owners have one that I can have a look at Iíd be much obliged.
    A real world review would also be really useful.

Ducati models
    748SP, 1200 multistrada.
    I had a hyperstrada about 18 months ago, loved it.
    I can honestly say, it was the most useable ducati I've owned over the last few years. It did everything i wanted it to do, with ease. I only sold it, as I got chance to buy a panigale R , which i couldn't pass up on.
    I actually looked for another to buy this summer, but couldn't find a suitable bike, and ended up buying a 1200 multistrada. Great bikes the hyper.

Ducati models
    900ss (93) + ST4S (02)
    Other bikes
    Aprilia Falco + GP800

"A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission"

My SS resource: www.900ss.proboards.com

Ducati models
    Scrambler
    Other bikes
    Cheers guys
    It does look like a bike I could tour on as well as have a blast at the weekend.
    There are a few for sale but mostly south of the border. Mind you I’ve bought my last three bikes from the Manchester area.
    Tend to be cheaper than in Glasgow and have a much larger selection. I could be jumping on a train and heading south in the next month or so.
    My only issue would be seat height. As long as I can get one foot, flat on the ground then I’m a happy man. Tip toes on a bike can lead to disaster.

Ducati models
    748SP, 1200 multistrada.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban View Post

My only issue would be seat height. As long as I can get one foot, flat on the ground then I’m a happy man. Tip toes on a bike can lead to disaster.
    There is a lower seat option bike to look out for too.

Ducati models
    Scrambler
    Other bikes
    Yeah I saw that.
    I contacted Ducati Glasgow but they rarely if ever get them in.
    Iíll just keep looking

Ducati models
    SC1000, 748, HyperS, SCR
    Iíve got a Ďlowí version as I was concerned about height but the bike is so well balanced (even fully loaded) I often think the standard would have been fine. Iíve got a 32 inch inside leg and can get both toes down or one foot solid without an issue. The main problem I find is on long distances I get rubbing on my upper/inner thighs...so tend to wear cycling shorts or a sheep skin seat pad for touring.

It is a great lightweight touring bike, I spent 3 weeks in Europe a couple of years ago with full luggage including camping gear etc and it was a riot in the Alps and mountain passes! The extra weight if anything made it more stable.

It can do anything fast or slow, from communing a few miles to long distance touring..Iíve never had issue keeping up with any sport bikes as Iím sure some folk on here will testify to.........however you will need to think differently when you ride it as it needs to be ridden more Supermoto up right, rather than sports bike leaning off to get the most of it, but very rewarding when you learn!

Iíll be keeping mine long term as there is nothing out there that compares in my mind.

The only issue to consider is that in the first year of Production, like mine, the clutch was nasty! It was very snappy, on/off and a known problem with the early versions and was upgraded the next year when the monster 821 came out. Donít let anyone fob you off, itís not in the adjustment, itís a design issue...DG couldnít fix it by adjustment, recommended a new cable but then couldnít get me one. I had mine replaced with the next model years clutch and spring pack and it was like night and day! Tyler at North Motor & Cycle in Edinburgh did it, not cheap at around £400 all in, including the oil change but the cost is mainly in parts as itís an easy job.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmarinel For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Scrambler
    Other bikes
    Thanks for the info.
    Do you think I could have a look at the bike?
    Love to try it for size before deciding if I should get one.
    Are you based in Edinburgh?

+ Reply to Thread