+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dyno/fuel map tuning, old style

Ducati models
    888 SP5,916 Strada,DB2SR

Default Dyno/fuel map tuning, old style

Iíve got a bit of an obscure question, wondering if anyone has any insight!

I have a bike that is based on a Ď93 900ss engine, but uses a custom EFI system, unrelated to the (much later) 900ssie or 4v period Marelli systems.

It stores the fuel map on an eprom, similar to the P7/P8 ECUs. Itís pretty rare (I recall reading that only 147 were made by Bimota), so itís probably not well known, and Iíve not managed to find any machine that uses the same ECU.

Iím interested in exploring taking it up to 944cc with ST2 components, but Iíll likely need an updated fuel map, I would imagine.

Iíd also imagine this might not have been a problem 20y ago, but do modern dyno shops still retain the capability to create and burn old-skool EPROM fuel maps?

Thanks
    Mike

Ducati models
    ST3s, 848 Evo Corse SE
    Other bikes
    SV650, Previous Life: Suzi 850G and Katana 1000
    Stuart Young Tuning would almost certainly be able to help and if he cannot, then he would know who could.

Dalhousie Business Park, Unit 2 c, Bonnyrigg EH19 3HY, United Kingdom

HTH

Tim
    In Theory, Practice and Theory are the same. In Practice they are different.

Ducati models
    888 SP5,916 Strada,DB2SR
    Thanks Tim - I've also heard about a place in Livingston (DynoWorx) that might be worth speaking to, and I've also just found references to this bike/ECU being used with a Power Commander 3, so there should be some fairly straightforward options here.

Ducati models
    888 SP5,916 Strada,DB2SR
    Just spoke with Stuart Young. Sounds like I now have a plan for a winter project

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hindsight For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    3 x 900SS 93, 95, 2002
    Other bikes
    87 Cagiva 650 Elefant
    Did Stuart use to work for Ian Murray?

And formerly YPE Engineering?

If it is, I personally would never use him again

Ducati models
    ST3s, 848 Evo Corse SE
    Other bikes
    SV650, Previous Life: Suzi 850G and Katana 1000
    He was independent and was convinced to join forces with IM (but retained his own company within the Ian Murray garage) got shafted by Ian like everyone else.

He was/is good and honest, never had anything other than praise for his work.
    In Theory, Practice and Theory are the same. In Practice they are different.

Ducati models
    M 1200R M S4RS 999S
    Other bikes
    strimmer, lawnmower & leafblower
    Totally agree about Stuart, good guy, would have no hesitation in dealing with him again..👍

Ducati models
    600 TT 600TL M750 750SS
    Other bikes
    BSA 441 VICTOR,Ducati 250 scrambler Triumph 5ta, Tribsa,Montessa Cota, Gilera
    Quote Originally Posted by ian900ss View Post
    Did Stuart use to work for Ian Murray?

And formerly YPE Engineering?

If it is, I personally would never use him again
    Do you have a problem?
    Then share, don't just leave an empty comment like that or remove it!
    He is self employed and this could put someone off using him, the same as someone taking money off your pay check!
    I will personally vouch for him as will many of my friends within the racing fraternity, he knows what he is doing including engine building, tuning and Dyno work without any bull shit along with Alan who builds a fantastic tuned exhaust they are a pair to be well and truly considered if you are looking for performance or have the best out of what you have give them a go you will get a good result.
    In the past he has taken a while to get around to things maybe longer than people are willing to wait for (due to family commitments) but believe me you will not be disappointed with the end product.
    I know of several engine builders that recommend to their clients to take their finished bikes to him to have the Dyno work done.
    As with many reviews its mainly only the keyboard warriors with a slight gripe and willing to bad mouth that take the effort to leave a review.
    Look at the results on the track with his and Alan's work that's worth ten thousand words alone.

P.s don't leave it to the start of the racing season when he is stowed out and take note of the motocross season as he has a fantastic reputation in that field as well.
    p.p.s. I have nothing to do with this company but more than willing to promote exceptional workmanship.

Sam
    Wha's Like Us?

Damn Few And They're A' Died!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sam For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    3 x 900SS 93, 95, 2002
    Other bikes
    87 Cagiva 650 Elefant
    I am glad that people have had good experience.

My own is that I took my bike to him to have it tuned, he was working for Ian Murray at the time, however I had no dealings with their side, only with Stuart. My 900ss at the time was fitted with Keihins and I took all the jets to him which I had, although he stated he had them anyway. I returned when he asked me too. When I got my bike he said he had tuned it up, and to be fair it ran a little better. He didn't change any jets, even though it later transpired it needed it. The money I paid it was not much of an improvement. I later took it to a place in Glasgow and the difference after that was massive. I am actually glad that others say he's good, my impression of him was not. Ian Murray disappeared shortly after that, perhaps there was issues behind the scenes that he didn't do a very good job. Personally, I wouldn't use him again.

+ Reply to Thread