The Forum is moving to Facebook on 1st October 2020. Please Read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Midgie Masher Flypast 2007

Ducati models
    749s Classic
    I havent got a printer!
    Well you know what they say......A cuckoo in May.......OOO ARR OOO ARRAY

Ducati models
    900 ss in drag
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottch View Post
    Still a few "maybes" on the list !
    oooohhh decisions decisions

I deff cant make an overnighter but....

if it's hot Im away fishing at sandhead

if it's dry I'll do Kincardigan & run up to pitlokerty for lunch then head for home alone

if its wet im going on the lash
    3 out of the 4 voices in my head told me to go for it

Ducati models
    D16RR, 1299S
    Seems to be a fairly obvious answer there Davie, that higher maths hasn't stood you any favours eh??

Ducati models
    749GTF
    aye, bring yor laptop
    a capillary hint of red

Ducati models
    1098, Kona SS, Pace RC303
    Has anyone charted how many distilleries we pass by then? I would welcome a couple of recommendations for stop-offs to get pressies for the folks back home.
    MAD AS A FISH! TOO OLD TO CARE!
    www.psychlosport.co.uk

Ducati models
    D16RR, 1299S
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitandpotato View Post
    aye, bring yor laptop
    Steve,

No matter what Davie has told you, that black box round his ankle isn't his laptop at all. It was a present from his parole officer!

Ducati models
    Long shot this but does anyone have any idea about the ferry crossing from Skye to Mallaig? Length of crossing (minutes). First of day? Frequency throughout day? Cost? Last crossing? Or if you know of a website which might post such stuff. Ta.
    www.psychlosport.co.uk

Ducati models
    none
    Other bikes
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by rockjock620 View Post
    Long shot this but does anyone have any idea about the ferry crossing from Skye to Mallaig? Length of crossing (minutes). First of day? Frequency throughout day? Cost? Last crossing? Or if you know of a website which might post such stuff. Ta.
    yeah, done that one a few times, the road from Ft Bill to Mallaig is slowwwwwww, single track tree lined with coaches.

Calmac ferries http://www.calmac.co.uk/summer-skye-timetable.html crossing is about 1 hour with loading, run every few hours. its a nice one to do as a tour, the beaches are pretty as you come into Mallaig but the bit on Skye is bland
    The truth about life - is it found in the beginning, middle or end?

Interested in Sport Classic's? Clicky here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    Monster S2R 1000 & M1100S
    Scotch, its known around Manchester as a 'wythenshawe watch'. Sadly new a few people who'd borrowed 1 or 2 for a wee while. It usually only tells the time twice daily (time out/ time in)....
    All i've ever wanted to do is just ride !!

Ducati models
    D16RR, 1299S
    Quote Originally Posted by samieb View Post
    Scotch, its known around Manchester as a 'wythenshawe watch'. Sadly new a few people who'd borrowed 1 or 2 for a wee while. It usually only tells the time twice daily (time out/ time in)....
    Don't tell Davie it tells the time!!!

Ducati models
    749s Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Davieravie View Post
    I havent got a printer!
    Craig has though!
    Well you know what they say......A cuckoo in May.......OOO ARR OOO ARRAY

Ducati models
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    yeah, done that one a few times, the road from Ft Bill to Mallaig is slowwwwwww, single track tree lined with coaches.

Calmac ferries http://www.calmac.co.uk/summer-skye-timetable.html crossing is about 1 hour with loading, run every few hours. its a nice one to do as a tour, the beaches are pretty as you come into Mallaig but the bit on Skye is bland
    For once, I don't think I'll be rushing! I'm on holiday.............it might blow my "kiss me quick" straw hat off if I go too fast....... Believe it or not, I've never been to Skye before nor much else round there. I've located the Talisker distillery now as well! I may also be taking lots of photo stops.
    www.psychlosport.co.uk

Ducati models
    none
    Other bikes
    none
    For once, I don't think I'll be rushing! I'm on holiday.............it might blow my "kiss me quick" straw hat off if I go too fast....... Believe it or not, I've never been to Skye before nor much else round there. I've located the Talisker distillery now as well! I may also be taking lots of photo stops.
    head north on Skye then Pete, up to Uig if you can, we planned on doing it this next trip but decided to do north and south uist instead cos i've never been there. there's a couple of whisk(e)y trails you can follow if you need a purpose
    The truth about life - is it found in the beginning, middle or end?

Interested in Sport Classic's? Clicky here

Ducati models
    Old and older.....
    Has anyone charted how many distilleries we pass by then? I would welcome a couple of recommendations for stop-offs to get pressies for the folks back home.
    Pete, this any help?
    http://www.maltwhiskytrail.com/theTrail.asp?img=mwmap
    or http://www.scotchwhisky.net/distilleries/
    or http://www.scotland.com/explore/scottish-whisky-trail/
    If you need anything from Glenmorangie, Balblair or Dalmore let me know as I have contacts with all 3.
    Last edited by 239desmo; 20.08.2007 at 09:51 PM.

Ducati models
    I wondered about that, and then around the northernmost point then Staffin Bay to Portree. It might mean a long day on Skye and possibly miss out the ferry crossing. Choices, choices. Any suggestions welcomed.
    www.psychlosport.co.uk

Default Mallaig

Hi Pete,
    If your going from Mallaig to Skye and coming from Glencoe then my own preference is to get the ferry at Corrie just passed Glencoe. It's a roll on/off and costs around £1.50. The road at the other side is excellent with very little traffic. However the road from Glencoe to Ft. Bill is mosly packed with cars/caravans and is mostly double white lines. Taking this crossing and driving round to the main Mallaig road cuts out Ft. Bill and you end closer to the single track section to Mallaig.
    With the good weather predicted tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm doing this route all going well but will turn back once I reach the road to Mallaig and head towards Ft. Bill where I then hope to drive to Skye and then back to Glasgow - bum permitting as I'm going on my Tricolore.

Geoff

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Geoff For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    D16RR, 1299S
    I think you mean the Corran ferry, Geoff?

Default Corran ferry

Hi,
    I stand corrected. Tend to have memory lapses on names of places but I tend to get there in the end. I was trying to remember the name on the other side without looking at a map but failed miserably and considering I've used it many times it's rather pathetic. Next time your in DG ask Harry about my map reading skills ??

Geoff

Ducati models
    D16RR, 1299S
    No worries mate - you had me wondering if there was another crossing.

You're spot on too, the road from Corran to Strontian is a belter! Just remember to watch out for sheep and cattle grates.

Once you get past Strontian, the views are spectacular - the road narrows but you should be enjoying the scenery instead of hustling along

Once you've climbed over the hill, the road does open up again - but there's normally plenty sheep around. IIRC you can take the opportunity to stop at the Glenuig Inn for a refreshment - but I've not been there for ages!

Ducati models
    I have to say that looks and sounds like a decent option. We're going t'other way of course - FROM Skye, but it will give us a run back up to Applecross/Achnasheen on a road we will have partly done the day before. Thanks Geoff.
    www.psychlosport.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast