+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Need: Fuel Sensor

Ducati models
    M750 & M900 (both gone)

Default I Need: Fuel Sensor

Does anyone have a fuel sensor for a carbed tank (Monster) kicking about their box of bits? It's the bit that actually screws into the tank I need. It doesn't have to work, I just need it to plug the tank when I pour the POR-15 in.

Thanks

Ducati models
    M600
    Just tape up the hole. It'll be fine

Ducati models
    M750 & M900 (both gone)
    Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Just tape up the hole. It'll be fine
    No...it is far from fine No matter how well you think you've taped it up it will leak...trust me...I've just found this out the hard way. If you do decide to do it, take the time to find proper sealers. Beacuase I didn't have anything to hand I've just had to use the actual sensor itself.

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic
    When I did the tank on the SS I put a piece of polythene over the hole and secured it with a stout elastic band. I then taped over that with masking tape to make sure it stayed there. It didn't leak.
    Anyway, you haven't got fuel gauge on your bike, so it won't matter if you [email protected] up the sensor

Ducati models
    M750 & M900 (both gone)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Anyway, you haven't got fuel gauge on your bike, so it won't matter if you [email protected] up the sensor
    Well yes, this was my thinking

Got hot air blowing through it right now, but I tell you what, after rinsing and rinsing and rinsing, and rinsing some more...out of curiousity I stuck my finger up into the tank at the sensor cavity to have a little feel of the tank surface. On my finger there was a significant amount of small particles...maybe rust, varnish, solidified petrol scum, mixture of all of these? Are all tanks like this? Does the fuel filter deal with it all? Or am I to look forward to the joys of clogged jets and the like?

Ducati models
    Supersport 939, 907ie
    Other bikes
    Pantah 500SL, Scrambler Classic
    All the crap is what forms in the tank after years of moisture from condensation and crap fuel. The POR 15 should convert the rust to an inert form and seal it all in. So your filter will remain hopefully unclogged.

Ducati models
    M750 & M900 (both gone)
    What a complete f****** c****** ball ache mother f****** f*** faced f***** of a job that was

Out of curiosity, how does the fuel system work on these things? Is the fuel pulled from the tank in any way, or does it just flow down to the carbs using gravity?
    Last edited by eonan; 13.06.2007 at 04:43 PM.

Ducati models
    M600
    On mine there is a diamond shaped box with 3 (I think) fuel pipes that go in it and it is a fuel pump that works on a vacuum principle. There is a piece of thin rubber between the two parts that make it work.

+ Reply to Thread