The Forum is moving to Facebook on 1st October 2020. Please Read.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exclude "Craic" from todays posts and new posts

Ducati models
    none
    Other bikes
    none

Default Exclude "Craic" from todays posts and new posts

Following on from the changes made at UKMOC I've been looking at the comments made there and feedback i've had over OT posts and hijacked threads.

I've got no desire to get into the censorship/moderation issues but also appreciate that posts in Craic are well off topic and not everyone wants to view them when they visit a Ducati related website. Banning people cos they want to chat here isn't an option, the site is meant for that and personally I enjoy that part. It can be frustrating when a"serious" discussion does get hijacked and there is now a smilie for off topic which maybe should be the way its dealt with to try and avoid it happening too much. if we can keep the less serious posts in Craic I think we're likely to have less problems anyway.

I'd like to find a solution which fits the majority of users and doesn't offend a minority, the biggest complaint is that you have to wade through loads of posts of junk to find relevant posts, with this in mind I've looked at the forum code and can remove all treads and posts in Craic from new posts and todays posts, it'll leave less clutter for the serious viewer and those wanting Off Topic chat know exactly where to go anyway. I'll open it up for discussion here but I know there are a lot of users who don't post and would urge those people to send me a PM if you have an opinion and don't want to do it publicly. if anyone wants to see the difference use my Ducati Black testing do not use style and do a new post or todays post search

Ducati models
    749s Classic
    Booooooooooo......killjoy!!!
    Well you know what they say......A cuckoo in May.......OOO ARR OOO ARRAY

Ducati models
    none
    Other bikes
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Davieravie
    Booooooooooo......killjoy!!!
    hmm, there's a surprise, number 1 OT poster, who'll soon to be joined by his cohorts.....

Ducati models
    749s Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    hmm, there's a surprise, number 1 OT poster, who'll soon to be joined by his cohorts.....

Well you know what they say......A cuckoo in May.......OOO ARR OOO ARRAY

Ducati models
    D16RR, 1299S
    Have to agree with you Mikey - I can only apologise for all my OT hijacking etc.. and hope it's not attributed to any of the comments you've received regarding this too much.

I think your's is a great idea, however, can't you add a link in the quick links like "todays posts excluding craic" as well as having the whole todays posts link?

I agree that something needs to be done, but I know for sure I'd still like to keep the quick links the way they are - but with a link like I've suggested it should save the more serious browser from viewing all the bollox that gets spoken.

Also, I'd like to move towards deleting a certain thread that refers to a specific country that borders the United States as it has clearly gone well off topic now.

Ducati models
    none
    Other bikes
    none
    I think I can add an extra link below "todays posts", i'll look at the code tonight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scottch
    Have to agree with you Mikey - I can only apologise for all my OT hijacking etc.. and hope it's not attributed to any of the comments you've received regarding this too much.

I think your's is a great idea, however, can't you add a link in the quick links like "todays posts excluding craic" as well as having the whole todays posts link?

I agree that something needs to be done, but I know for sure I'd still like to keep the quick links the way they are - but with a link like I've suggested it should save the more serious browser from viewing all the bollox that gets spoken.

Also, I'd like to move towards deleting a certain thread that refers to a specific country that borders the United States as it has clearly gone well off topic now.

berto Guest
    Well I'm outraged, those two retards bring the whole Ducati thing into disrepute
    Mr big shot continually bangs on about having minions like some kind of dictator and the other one (who only last year had to be shown which way to face on his bike gives out advice like he is a top racer/tuner/coolcat)..
    I think your style of being an autocrat is fine Mikey(The moc/dsc)suits you.

+ Reply to Thread