+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 999 Fuel relay problem!!

Ducati models
    848 with termis and ecu

Thumbs up 999 Fuel relay problem!!

Hello folks, just cured a wee problem on my 999s (07 model) and thought i would share it with all out there just in case you would like to check your bike for the same problem!!
    To cut a very long story short (including trying to find out what the hell was wrong in the first place when the dam thing would not start one afternoon!!) i took off all the fairings and found that my fuel injection relay was positioned on the left hand side of the bike at the very bottom of where the fairing sits and it was upside down in this position, needless to say after being a year and a half old, and although very rarely out in the rain the relay was in such a place and position that it, and the plug were very badly corroded!!
    Purchased a new relay (from the Mercedes garage down the road from me as it is the same one used in one of there own models and it was a Monday so DG was closed!) cleaned up the multi-plug and then re-positioned the plug and the relay further up in the plastic unit thingy and also turned it up the correct way round, so that at least this time if it gets a bit wet in there it wont act like a dam water magnet!!!
    If you have a 999 its worth checking out, as you might get stuck out in the middle of nowhere if it wants to give you a scare like mine did!!
    Life's a bitch until you sit on a Ducati!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigchunk For This Useful Post:

Ducati models
    none
    Other bikes
    none
    I get mine replaced when it had its 3 year service, it wasn't expensive and seemed worth doing given the number of relays that fail on 749/999 !
    The truth about life - is it found in the beginning, middle or end?

Interested in Sport Classic's? Clicky here

Ducati models
    749s Classic
    According to the folk at Ducatisti who own the 749/999, a lot of them seem to put the relay in a cut off finger of a latex glove.

Ive had 2 of the @@@@s so far in 4 years
    Well you know what they say......A cuckoo in May.......OOO ARR OOO ARRAY

Ducati models
    M600
    A condom would do the job nicely with a satchet of silica gel in it a glove with four fingers is no use to anyone!

Ducati models
    does a settee count ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    A condom would do the job nicely with a satchet of silica gel in it a glove with four fingers is no use to anyone!
    apart from a bloke called "kit kat" i used to work with
    OH s**t did i say that out loud?

Ducati models
    Honda C90 SS
    Other bikes
    Kona Sawg
    my super sport 1000ds fuel relay went a few months ago, had it replaced and all was fine. mine is just under the tank and isn't in a place that would get a lot of water in. the bloody thing went again two weeks ago! might have been a faulty relay? luckily i had a spare. i will always carry a spare from now on, but i would expect them to last longer- i will see how long this one survives!

+ Reply to Thread